App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
Application Sent : 2nd Jan 2014
Application Received : 3rd Jan 2014

Share your Application timeline for 2014.

canadp

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
Nomination.....
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
25-07-2011 (by email)
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
Mine is due on Jan16.. I became resident on that date.. Just wondering do I have to give couple of weeks extra as a buffer?

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
canadp said:
Application Sent : 2nd Jan 2014
Application Received : 3rd Jan 2014

Share your Application timeline for 2014.

canadp
Thanks for starting this thread. Did you have any travel history ? and if so how did you completed the Q6-E and F sections ? i mean do we need to put addresses if we were visiting back home for like 3-4 months.

canmanottawa

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Thanks for starting this topic I am sending my application on 26th.

Do you guys recommend Canada post ? or fed ex? I want it there as fast as I can. I am sending from Toronto

and oh for the member who asked about waiting for extra two weeks, I would agree with you I am actuallt eligible to apply on Jan 6 th, yet I am waiting till 26th to send it to have extra time

here is the fun... I am taking my pics for citizenship on Jan 6th, paying the fees on Jan 16th , sending the application on Jan 26th, by that date i will have 1106 days physical presence, and i was absent in the last 4 years only 46 days......

Number 6 is my fav number. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
muzmil said:
Thanks for starting this thread. Did you have any travel history ? and if so how did you completed the Q6-E and F sections ? i mean do we need to put addresses if we were visiting back home for like 3-4 months.
Answer to your question very specific.

I made 2 trip of 9 days and 11 days to my home country, once my father was sick and 2nd when he passed away. I did not mentioned this in Addresses but I add this absence in ONLINE RESIDENCE CALCULATOR but even there no address of my home country.

My family made 45 days of vacation visit to my home country, but I did not mention that too in addresses. but I did mention 45 days absence in ONLINE residence calculator but no address there either.

This is my personal Choice and I did not ask anyone, I just believe that I am doing right thing. I have mentioned in my other thread as well that if reason for going outside Canada is not for a long time and not related with work then it is probably not required.

But as you say 3-4 months then I would probably included that addresses in application.

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
sinpguy said:
Mine is due on Jan16.. I became resident on that date.. Just wondering do I have to give couple of weeks extra as a buffer?
Do not apply on exact days of 1096 ?

You should add 30 days buffer to it. I applied with 51 days buffer.

I do not understand why there is a so much impatient that people apply on exact days or even less days, and afterwards when RQ appears then eventually spend more time then original time at the end.

This is my suggestion.

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
canmanottawa said:
Thanks for starting this topic I am sending my application on 26th.

Do you guys recommend Canada post ? or fed ex? I want it there as fast as I can. I am sending from Toronto

and oh for the member who asked about waiting for extra two weeks, I would agree with you I am actuallt eligible to apply on Jan 6 th, yet I am waiting till 26th to send it to have extra time

here is the fun... I am taking my pics for citizenship on Jan 6th, paying the fees on Jan 16th , sending the application on Jan 26th, by that date i will have 1106 days physical presence, and i was absent in the last 4 years only 46 days......

Number 6 is my fav number. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Use courier as PUROLATOR, it is cheap and it deliver NEXT DAY.

diniga

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Hi,

I don't know what they mean by residing in the instruction guide. But the dictionnary meaning say :
- To live in a place permanently or for an extended period.

So, 3 to 4 months are in my opinion extended period so you should put your address their.

Even though, I put the addresses that i stayed at my holidays one time in US for a period of 6 days in order to put the same period in the calculator and the application section for the addresses.

For the buffer days, I don't know why folks relate every time less buffer days to RQ :eek: but no official documentation their.
Just be sure for your travel history and fill the residency requirements 1095 days. I think simple as that. It is subjective.

diniga

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Hi Again,

Just to inform that i will sign and send my application on january 22, 2014.
Hope that we will take the Oath by November 2014.
Happy new year for all and new citizenship also. :p

diniga

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Hi everyone,

Canadp or canmanottawa can you please tell me, if it is mandatory to have a valid passport while passing the test and interview?
Or I can just take the passport covering the 4 years period even though it is expired.
I don't want to renew or extend my passport because I don't need it, I am not travelling anywhere.
Please advise.
Thanks

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
diniga said:
Hi everyone,

Canadp or canmanottawa can you please tell me, if it is mandatory to have a valid passport while passing the test and interview?
Or I can just take the passport covering the 4 years period even though it is expired.
I don't want to renew or extend my passport because I don't need it, I am not travelling anywhere.
Please advise.
Thanks
Hi Diniga,

In your case, it is better you called CIC call centre and tell your situation. They will give you the correct answer.

canadp

Additional :
if you have 2 passport one is cancelled/expired and another one is valid, then you have to submit both of them.

my passport is also going to expired next year, so by the time I receive test, I will be in the same situation. But still I need to wait till I get to that point. for Passport renewal I will need 2 months to get new one.

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
Anyone applied in 2014 ??

canmanottawa

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Hi Canadp

Thanks for starting this time line for us
I am applying on 26th. please add me to your table if you are making a table.

For the guy who asked about the expired passport.. I have one expired passport ( expired in 2010 )that is valid I am submitting both of them

CIC agents are very strict when it comes to passports , they dont care if they it is expired of valid or cancelled or whatever, they just want to see that you submitted them and you show them in the interview ( dont forget lots of people commit fraud when they claim they were here while they were not ) my expired passport ( anyway that passport i am submitting it with my application and translated all the stamps on it ( over 100 and all of them from the time before even i came to Canada. ) I hope my answer can give you a good idea.

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
canmanottawa said:
Hi Canadp

Thanks for starting this time line for us
I am applying on 26th. please add me to your table if you are making a table.

For the guy who asked about the expired passport.. I have one expired passport ( expired in 2010 )that is valid I am submitting both of them

CIC agents are very strict when it comes to passports , they dont care if they it is expired of valid or cancelled or whatever, they just want to see that you submitted them and you show them in the interview ( dont forget lots of people commit fraud when they claim they were here while they were not ) my expired passport ( anyway that passport i am submitting it with my application and translated all the stamps on it ( over 100 and all of them from the time before even i came to Canada. ) I hope my answer can give you a good idea.
See, clearly, if your last 4 years of passport end of with more than one either expired, or cancelled, you have to SUBMIT the copy.

And you have lots of stamp, so it would be good if you print out all of them.

canadp

diniga

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Hi everyone,

I have one passport valid from May 2009 to May 2014.
My 4 years period is from Jan 2010 to Jan 2014.
So my passport is covering the 4 years period but it will expire during the citizenship application process.
My question was then :
Would I be obliged by CIC to have a valid passport or they will take the one covering the 4 years period?
If they want to know why I didn't renew my passport. Well I don't want to travel anywhere for the near futur.
And having a passport is not mandatory.