+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JAN 2015 Citizenship Applicants

Jayl

Aug 12, 2013
Omg i didn't sign my online calculator :eek: mine got returned... it's been a week since i sent mine. That's still fast i think? Considering i am applying from Alberta

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Jayl said:
Omg i didn't sign my online calculator :eek: mine got returned... it's been a week since i sent mine. That's still fast i think? Considering i am applying from Alberta
That's nice that you got your documents returned so quickly, otherwise I have heard that sometime CIC takes couple of months to retun the application. When did you send your application?

Jayl

Aug 12, 2013
gst8486 said:
That's nice that you got your documents returned so quickly, otherwise I have heard that sometime CIC takes couple of months to retun the application. When did you send your application?
I sent mine on Jan 2 (Fri) and was received by CIC on the 5th (Mon). The letter was written on the 8th

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Jayl said:
I sent mine on Jan 2 (Fri) and was received by CIC on the 5th (Mon). The letter was written on the 8th
Wohhhoooow ! That's fast ! ! Make sure you don't miss anything this time.

Cheers

Raman_Ram

Star Member
May 25, 2009
wow thats crazy fast. Are they opening applications in real time or what???! Never heard anything related to CIC this fast.

Man then one shouldnt ask anymore which date the CIC is now processing! Its simply pointless as they will say the "average" date of opening than exactly the % opened at that date. First week Dec applicants should be expecting AOR by end of Jan max. I will not be surprised even if Jan ones get AOR in the first week of Feb.

HeisenbergCanada

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys...I'm planning to send my application by month end. Just wanted to confirm the address (i'm planning to send by Canada Post Express Courier):

CPC-Sydney
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
HeisenbergCanada said:
Guys...I'm planning to send my application by month end. Just wanted to confirm the address (i'm planning to send by Canada Post Express Courier):

CPC-Sydney
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
As per the guide available on CIC website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp) the full address for courier should be:

Case Processing Centre, Sydney
Grant Adults

49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 5Z2

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Citizenship Timelines for my wife:
=======================
Date Sent => 3-Jan-2015
Date Modified => 4 Jan-2015 – (Attached $230 Difference of Fees)
Date Received => 9 Jan-2015
eCAS updated =>
Processing Started =>
Rcvd Line disappeared =>
AOR/Book in Mailbox =>
Test Date =>

ftgpmb

Aug 30, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
AOR Received.
21-10-2010
File Transfer...
18-11-2010
Passport Req..
04-02-2011
LANDED..........
16-04-2011
AnaMaria said:
I became eligible on December 28 and Express Posted on 29th. It has not arrived yet as of today, Jan 1. I paid $400 on December 22! If I had been aware of this fee increase, I would have sent it via UPS ???. I am debating whether to wait a little bit to see if the date shipped can be considered (in my opinion it should and I understand that historically it has been accepted). Anyone can advise me approximately how long it takes if indeed they return it for incorrect fee.
It will be returned AnaMaria. I sent mine on Dec 27th, arrived Jan 2 and received it back yesterday. The regulations clearly say it is the day the authorities receive it and stamp it, so we have to go and pay the extra $230 and resubmit. :(

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Noticed a discrepancy in the information provided on the CIC website, though i am not sure how big the repercussion could be. The address provided for sending application package by courier is little different on two webpages of CIC citizenship section.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-how.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp

Below are the screenshots which show the difference in address -

When i sent my application via courier i sent it to the address shown in second link i.e. Case Processing Centre, Sydney Grant Adults, 49 Dorchester Street , Sydney, Nova Scotia. B1P 5Z2

But when i see the courier confirmation page it says it was delivered to 47 49 DORCHESTER ST it's so weird...........lol

I thought i should share it with everyone...........did somebody else notice this ?

3hm

Star Member
Dec 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They have two receiving.
Canada post and courier are separate.

3hm

Star Member
Dec 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is thread for this topic.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/47-dorchester-st-cic-address-t207788.0.html