Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02/25/2015
samreentariq said:
Hi All,

I already meet all the requirements but lost my Record of Landing (IMM 1000), or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688). Not sure if I should apply now or not just worried if they return the application as incomplete without it, the application does say to provide a letter stating it was lost. I already applied for VoS in July so end of Jan will be 6 months hopefully it will be emailed on time so if all goes well I should apply on 28th Jan.
I read in many forums that you can apply for citizenship with out IMM 5892 or IMM 1000. You can write a letter that you misplaced the document and already applied for VOS. Also attach the the receipt of payment you did for VOS.

This is my 2 cents..

Jun2014ctznshp

Aug 8, 2014
Just a thought, will the increased fee for Jan2015 and after applications, expedite the process for citizenship?? Where is the additional $230 going

HeisenbergCanada

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jun2014ctznshp said:
Just a thought, will the increased fee for Jan2015 and after applications, expedite the process for citizenship?? Where is the additional $230 going
I'm sure it'll expedite the process. Because, the more eligible voters for upcoming elections, better for ruling government ;D ;D

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trunorth said:
Looks like the page was changed on 31st December 2014. See the bottom of the page (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp#crr) I would assume that all applications received before that would be the old $400 fee. I paid for my fees on 14th December and signed the application on that date. My application was received on 23rd December 2014 (FEDEX info) and hope they don't return the application and ask for more $$$. I tried calling to confirm but they have such a long call wait and will not transfer the call even to wait for an agent!
You should be OK. Don't worry. As long as the application was signed and received before Dec 31st - the increased fee won't apply.

surgi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
HeisenbergCanada said:
I'm sure it'll expedite the process. Because, the more eligible voters for upcoming elections, better for ruling government ;D ;D
I think so too. Many people will vote for the government who help them to get the Canadian citizenship. Most of them are away from the real politics.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also think that even the cut off date of the new bill will be related to the federal elections. Everything is for political purposes.

FAS

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
I just sent my application thru canada post express mail to the po box address. not sure was it smart thing to do or should i have send it thru courier to the courier address? what have others done.

nb8285

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
You should have sent express post to courier address, but no harm in sending to PO box - you just will not get signature. Bottom line is that your application will reach CIC.

FAS

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
thanks, I asked for the signature on receipt as well, they told me they will drop a card in the PO box to be picked up and will obtain signature when someone comes to pick up, any one else sent their application to po box and how did it work?

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
HONEST ADVISE FOR EVERYONE - When you send you application send it via the fastest courier delivery option, even if takes 10 - 15 bucks extra, it takes a lot of pressure off, just don't want to scare anybody but you never know when CIC will put Bill C24 ?

Don't take chance..................

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
gqx said:
Will new residence requirement (4/6) be applied before Feburary comes down? Thanks
heard from some other seniors that it won't be applied till July or August 2015..............

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
cfbebe said:
Hi guys,

Count us in. My bf single applicant sent his application for the third time.
We sent one in August 2014 and where told it got lost. We have the proof they received it but that s it.
We were told it might be still somewhere in the mailing room..we did a case specific inquiry called every 2weeks to no vain..in the end they toldus it s best to send a new one.

We sent the second this morning but we we re not aware of the fee increase until i read about it in the newspaper ( 2 days ago when we prepared the second application they still didn't put the news up...thx CIC!)
So we paid the additional $230 and sent the third one this afternoon. Instead of waiting for a return application.
So let s see if 3 is the magic number and that this time they won't loose the application.

We paid 18$ Express Canada 3 days delivery with signiture required. Ask for the right postage....don't get overcharged.
The application should arrive on Monday.

Good luck everyone.
This is really unfortunate and on CICs part it's ridiculous, they still lack a lot ! The worst part is they would never tell about the lost application, the applicants finds it only when he or she calls CIC.

I would suggest all fellow applicants to keep a scanned copy of the full application package ! Can't trust CIC ! :(

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
galmxcan said:
hi everyone! Planning to send my application next week

I just have a question; on section 6 B. says "When did you first come to live in Canada?", do they want to know the very first time I came to Canada? ie. when I came as Student for 6months? or when I officially landed in Canada? Thing is I have been back and forth between my home country and Canada many times and holding different visa status each time...none of these previous visits really affect my current citizenship application because they go back passed the 4yr but Im still wondering which date should I enter?

thanks
YES, you put the date when you came to canada for the firs time as a student !

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
samreentariq said:
Hi All,

I already meet all the requirements but lost my Record of Landing (IMM 1000), or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688). Not sure if I should apply now or not just worried if they return the application as incomplete without it, the application does say to provide a letter stating it was lost. I already applied for VoS in July so end of Jan will be 6 months hopefully it will be emailed on time so if all goes well I should apply on 28th Jan.
I am sure you can request for a copy of this from CIC, for more info check the below link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5545ETOC.asp

But their processing time is 6 months, are these guys crazy.....................

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/other.asp

Jayl

Aug 12, 2013
I sent my application to their PO box (regular mail) but used Canada Post Priority. It's faster than Xpress and you get to see the signautre of whoever received it :p.... spent $38... haha....