+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JAN 2015 Citizenship Applicants

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp#crr

Page updated 2014-12-31. I only caught the different fee. If anyone catches other changes, please let us know.

Jayl

Aug 12, 2013
I sent mine today. Never knew Canada Post's Priority mailing was so expensive! I thought the cashier said $28.88 but it was actually $38.88 haha.... :'(

I'm applying from Edmonton, Alberta. I guess I'll have to wait for like 2 years before I even get to write the exam lol so slow

vividind

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02/25/2015
I saw the only payment updates for citizenship application. As i mentioned, we are applying on Jan 8,2015.

Here are the documents we are sending to CIC:

CIT0002E

Online Residence calculation document

Supporting Documents:
License
Health Card
Passport Copy
NOA
Education records
Health claim history
School Record
School Report cards

cfbebe

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
Hi guys,

Count us in. My bf single applicant sent his application for the third time.
We sent one in August 2014 and where told it got lost. We have the proof they received it but that s it.
We were told it might be still somewhere in the mailing room..we did a case specific inquiry called every 2weeks to no vain..in the end they toldus it s best to send a new one.

We sent the second this morning but we we re not aware of the fee increase until i read about it in the newspaper ( 2 days ago when we prepared the second application they still didn't put the news up...thx CIC!)
So we paid the additional $230 and sent the third one this afternoon. Instead of waiting for a return application.
So let s see if 3 is the magic number and that this time they won't loose the application.

We paid 18$ Express Canada 3 days delivery with signiture required. Ask for the right postage....don't get overcharged.
The application should arrive on Monday.

Good luck everyone.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vividind said:
I saw the only payment updates for citizenship application. As i mentioned, we are applying on Jan 8,2015.

Here are the documents we are sending to CIC:

CIT0002E

Online Residence calculation document

Supporting Documents:
License
Health Card
Passport Copy
NOA
Education records
Health claim history
School Record
School Report cards
Health records may not be necessary

huxiangn

Nov 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For the acknowledgement of receipt, do they send a mail to our mailing address together with the book etc, or we get an email simply telling us that they have received the package? Anyone knows?

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
cfbebe said:
Hi guys,

We sent one in August 2014 and where told it got lost. We have the proof they received it but that s it.
We were told it might be still somewhere in the mailing room..we did a case specific inquiry called every 2weeks to no vain..in the end they toldus it s best to send a new one.

We sent the second this morning but we we re not aware of the fee increase until i read about it in the newspaper ( 2 days ago when we prepared the second application they still didn't put the news up...thx CIC!)
So we paid the additional $230 and sent the third one this afternoon. Instead of waiting for a return application.
So let s see if 3 is the magic number and that this time they won't loose the application.

We paid 18$ Express Canada 3 days delivery with signiture required. Ask for the right postage....don't get overcharged.

Good luck everyone.
Scary!

Express Post 3 days is 3 business days, I believe. Unless you live close, it probably takes longer. I sent on December 29 and only expected to arrive next Monday :'(

abidbdo

Dec 24, 2014
I am also in same boat , sent my application on 24th reached today(2 jan) , I am still hopeful for a impossible that they would accept my case with 400.

what are your suggestion
thanks

Jayl

Aug 12, 2013
cfbebe said:
Hi guys,

Good luck everyone.

I used the Priority service... that's why they charged me so much. Plus it's not Regional which is apparently cheaper, but National because it's going from the west to the east. Shame to live in the west. Sigh.

ysangaby

May 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We are submitting ours end of 2nd week this month .. Just finished filling up the adults and minors application forms and all requirements to be photocopied soon. All the best to us!!!

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Shouldn't you be paying the old fees, since the first application was lost of no fault of your own.

cfbebe said:
Hi guys,

Good luck everyone.

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
I have sent citizenship application for my wife today i.e 3rd Jan 2015 by Canada Post express delivery.
But I paid only $400 on 23rd Dec 2014 only.

I came to know that fees got increased by $230; is there any way now to pay remaining fees + what about application already sent today ?

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajay95 said:
I have sent citizenship application for my wife today i.e 3rd Jan 2015 by Canada Post express delivery.
But I paid only $400 on 23rd Dec 2014 only.

I came to know that fees got increased by $230; is there any way now to pay remaining fees + what about application already sent today ?
There has been many cases and no one knows what CIC will do with those applications. The instructions clearly mention the application will be returned if the fee paid is insufficient. But since many people were not aware of the fee increase after they already paid and sent their applications I would guess they will attempt to collect the difference rather than return the entire applications. Thats only my guess. However, people in this situation should call CIC explain and see what they have to say. None of what they say over the phone is binding or official though.

If you decide to do nothing, then expect to hear back from them 2-3 months after you send your application.

Another option would be to cancel the first application and send a new one with the correct fee.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gamza said:
thanks CanV!
how do you cancel already sent application?
Not sure. Call CIC and ask or wait to hear from someone who has done that here.