+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

It's finally over!!

J

jdwhite21

Hello all!!

My husband finally got PR!!!!!!!!!! Flight is already booked for next Wednesday!!!

Here is our story for those of you who don't know it. My husband and I applied for PR for him in May of 2009. His application was denied in September of 2010 on the basis that our marriage was one of convenience. This decision was made despite the fact that we had an 18 month old girl and I was 2 months pregnant with our second daughter as well as we had provided an overwhelming amount of evidence. He left on October 17, 2010. We got right to work gathering everything we needed for another application. The second time we got a lawyer (in hindsight not sure if it was worth the money as the application was almost identical as to when I did it and he made a few mistakes that cost us some time) Our application was sent on February 2011, it was returned because some papers were missing :S Sent back in March, I was approved for sponsorship mid April and our app was sent to Guatemala. We received a passport request and to pay the right of permanent residence fee at the end of August. Then this afternoon, my husband got a call from immigration saying that his passport had his visa in it and would be returned to him tomorrow!! We already booked the flights for next week!! He has to land before November 28th or else he has to redo his medicals and we are not going to waste any time.

I'd like to thank everyone who has been supportive from the bottom of my heart. This forum is an asset in so many ways. You can come here when you need information or support or just when you need to talk to people who actually understand and don't think that your spouse gets PR just because you are married.. lol I am so glad that our journey is finally over and that my husband finally gets to meet our now 7 month old daughter. For all of you that have had bumps in the road, do not despair for it will work out in the end. We are living proof that immigration makes mistakes. Again thank you all and I pray that all of you still waiting get your happy ending sooner then later. It is devastating to be apart from your beloved spouse but I guess distance truly does make the heart grow fonder.

Jess. :D

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
I am truly happy for you. I think I might be happier than anyone else here in a way as my husband got refusal letter 2 days ago and I am in a better position to understand the awful pain you went through and to also understand the relief and joy you have now. All my best wishes of happiness to you and the rest of the family. I don't know yet what my husband and I will do. We are filled with despair. We are waiting for the notes from my MP before taking any decision or any course of action.

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 15 2010/new meds done july, 09,2014
Interview........
NOVEMBER 15TH SAME DAY REFUSED VISA/ APPEAL HEARING ON NOVEMBER/05/2013//won appeal feb 10/14...
Passport Req..
e-mail ppr request august 28/2014
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
flying on sept/12/14..4yrs of stress is over
WOW CONGRATS SO HAPPY FOR YOU....

MY HUSBAND HAD HIS INTERVIEW ON NOV 15 AND HE WAS REFUSED THE VISA UNDER SECTION 39 MY QUESTION TO U IS HOW LONG AFTER THE REFUSED U DID U RECIEVE THE REFUSAL LETTER AND HOW LONG AFTER YOU APPEALED DID U GET A DATE AND HOW MUCH U SPEND ON LAWYER...AND IF DONT MIND WHO WAS UR LAWYER WAS HE/SHE IN TORONTO IT WILL BE GREAT IF U CAN GIVE ME SOME DETAILS SO THAT I CAN GET PREPARED AS WELL THANKS IN ADVANCE...MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND UR FAMILY

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
Jess, I was just thinking about you guys the other day, wondering how you were and what was happening!!

I am so happy for you and your family!!!!! Congratulations. And a big welcome to Canada for your hubby!

Mhut

Star Member
Jul 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
23/02/2006
Med's Request
06/04/2011
Med's Done....
27/04/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14/06/2011
VISA ISSUED...
07/07/2011
LANDED..........
23/10/2011
Just read you post and wanted to Congratulate you and the happy ending.

May God bless you and your family and may you have a lovely life ahead of you. :)

Mhut

mosh951

Sep 25, 2011
Visa Office......
Tel Aviv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 31, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 10, 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 17, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb 3, 2012
Congratulations!

sahm2boys

Star Member
Aug 9, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2011
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2012
LANDED..........
05-04-2012
Oh my gosh, what a story! Congratulations!!!!! All the best to you and your family.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Congratulations, I am very happy for you. I remember when you first came here and am glad you found the support and encouragement needed to make it through the Outland application!

Good luck to your family, and happy landings to your husband!

reginac

Star Member
Apr 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-aug-2011
Doc's Request.
29-dec-2011
AOR Received.
09-dec-2011
File Transfer...
02-nov-2011
Med's Done....
01-june-2011
OMG reading this post makes me feel HOPE and feel HAPPY.

I applied inland in 2009 and got refusal letter in february 2011 with the opportunity to apply again (outland). My husband got sponsorship approval a few weeks ago and my application was transferred to VO. My application is good and strong, also his family from Brazil travel to Mexico to meet my family and celebrate our marriage.
We were refused because we "were in a marriage of convinience" which is not true, we are having a bad time being away from each other but your post is giving me more hope to be with him next year.

Also would you mind telling me if your hubby was called for an interview or they just asked for his passport??????????

Thanks and congratulations.

Mrs. Turan

Mar 11, 2010
Vancouver Island, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
The Canadian Embassy, Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
File Transfer...
06-05-2010
Med's Request
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
20-08-2011
Interview........
23-06-2010
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2011
LANDED..........
25-12-2011
Congratulations. I hope you have a happy life now,you waited a long time. I'm sure it was tough, but now it's over. All the best to you :D

theachrissy

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
CPT , South Africa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/03/2011
File Transfer...
24/06/2011
Med's Request
29/04/2011
Med's Done....
25/05/2011
Passport Req..
13/12/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2011 received back with DHL 3/1/12
LANDED..........
08/02/2012
congradulations.... :)

J

jdwhite21

Thank you all for the congratulations and the well wishes, we are definitely looking forward to continuing our lives where we left off. The hubby picked up his passport this morning with the visa inside, what a wonderful feeling. It's amazing, for the Guatemala office the timeline is at 18 months and for us, not including that month that was wasted because of missing papers, we waited 6 months from start to finish. So I know that the slow times posted on the website don't instil much hope but there perhaps everyone else will be as fortunate as we were and their cases will be processed at equally speedy times.

Habibti:
I am so sorry to hear you are in a similar situation that we were in. I know how awful the feeling is and it seems like there is no hope but it will work out in the end. If you need anyone to talk to I will always be here.

rathika2011:
When we had applied inland we had our interview in July and did not receive a refusal letter until the beginning of October. Since we applied inland there is no right of appeal so we just had to apply again but outland the second time around. We spent $3500 to have the lawyer fill out all the paperwork the second time. He works at Snyder and associates in Edmonton. Did you apply outland? I'm afraid I won't be much help with the appeal process as fortunately we did not have to go through that. Good luck.

Reginac:
Honestly this marriage of convenience crap makes me so mad. If I ever met anybody that has entered one I think I may have to hurt them. Stuff like this makes honest families go through so much more pain then is necessary. Sorry for the rant :S I know its hard to be apart but just remember a year is a small price to pay to be able to spend the rest of your life with the man that you love. Fortunately this time around my hubby was not called for an interview, just got a passport request. Good luck, stay strong.

J

jdwhite21

I don't know how accurate e-cas is either, hubby picked up his passport this morning and it still just says Application Received..

Ironboy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 22
jdwhite21 said:
Hello all!!

My husband finally got PR!!!!!!!!!! Flight is already booked for next Wednesday!!!

Here is our story for those of you who don't know it. My husband and I applied for PR for him in May of 2009. His application was denied in September of 2010 on the basis that our marriage was one of convenience. This decision was made despite the fact that we had an 18 month old girl and I was 2 months pregnant with our second daughter as well as we had provided an overwhelming amount of evidence. He left on October 17, 2010. We got right to work gathering everything we needed for another application. The second time we got a lawyer (in hindsight not sure if it was worth the money as the application was almost identical as to when I did it and he made a few mistakes that cost us some time) Our application was sent on February 2011, it was returned because some papers were missing :S Sent back in March, I was approved for sponsorship mid April and our app was sent to Guatemala. We received a passport request and to pay the right of permanent residence fee at the end of August. Then this afternoon, my husband got a call from immigration saying that his passport had his visa in it and would be returned to him tomorrow!! We already booked the flights for next week!! He has to land before November 28th or else he has to redo his medicals and we are not going to waste any time.

I'd like to thank everyone who has been supportive from the bottom of my heart. This forum is an asset in so many ways. You can come here when you need information or support or just when you need to talk to people who actually understand and don't think that your spouse gets PR just because you are married.. lol I am so glad that our journey is finally over and that my husband finally gets to meet our now 7 month old daughter. For all of you that have had bumps in the road, do not despair for it will work out in the end. We are living proof that immigration makes mistakes. Again thank you all and I pray that all of you still waiting get your happy ending sooner then later. It is devastating to be apart from your beloved spouse but I guess distance truly does make the heart grow fonder.

Jess. :D
Congratulations, great story, so glad it did work out for you !