India
Category........
FSW
Hey guys, some good news @Shadow09 & @nofearamk

ITA - Sept 19th,
AOR - Sept 20th,
MEP & BIL - Oct 5th

Also now have a UCI that is not CANXXXXXX
Wow 15 days! I guess I am going to submit medicals with my application now for sure. There is no point in waiting for them to send a request if it's just 15 days. If biometrics + medicals happen within a month of submission then PPR will happen in 2-3 months from submission for sure. Even less maybe for inland who have already done biometrics. Timelines are looking good.

Shadow09

Jul 16, 2021
Wow 15 days! I guess I am going to submit medicals with my application now for sure. There is no point in waiting for them to send a request if it's just 15 days. If biometrics + medicals happen within a month of submission then PPR will happen in 2-3 months from submission for sure. Even less maybe for inland who have already done biometrics. Timelines are looking good.
It is better to not take a chance and wait for the medicals request. They have mentioned they will cancel application if not followed. Rest upto you.
Taking a chance at this point is not advisable.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
It is better to not take a chance and wait for the medicals request. They have mentioned they will cancel application if not followed. Rest upto you.
Taking a chance at this point is not advisable.
They just issued that as of 1st October an upfront medical isn't required just like precovid ( https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/medical-exams.html ). The reason to not do medicals is that your COPR validity depends on it. So if your application takes delays to process then you are reducing the COPR time by doing them early. There is no risk in not doing medicals upfront. Its official as its not required anymore until they ask for it.

Shadow09

Jul 16, 2021
They just issued that as of 1st October an upfront medical isn't required just like precovid ( https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/medical-exams.html ). The reason to not do medicals is that your COPR validity depends on it. So if your application takes delays to process then you are reducing the COPR time by doing them early. There is no risk in not doing medicals upfront. Its official as its not required anymore until they ask for it.
Correct -

If you’ve never completed an IME,

• upload a blank document in the upload field of the Express Entry Profile Builder when submitting your application, and
  • wait for us to send you further instructions on when to get your medical exam

AND WAIT FOR THEM TO SEND FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS ON WHEN TO GET YOUR MEDICAL EXAM.

Angelpriya

Sep 25, 2019
I would suggest you not to go for medicals as of now because my consultant told me that i may get a request to re-take medicals because of this new policy..so pls check with your agent before going for upfront medicals

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
I would suggest you not to go for medicals as of now because my consultant told me that i may get a request to re-take medicals because of this new policy..so pls check with your agent before going for upfront medicals
I think your agent has misinformed you in this case and you won't have to retake them. They may ask you to retake it if it's going to expire or if there are delays. The reason my agent isn't thrilled about upfront is because the agent in 2020 and 2021 had clients retake it 3 times because of 2 year COVID processing delays. So unless you don't get a PR by next October or they somehow messed up your medicals, you very likely don't have to retake them. The policy has nothing to do with this. It's just that it's not mandatory to do it before submission and delays can cause only the medicals to expire, nothing else in the application expires.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

Angelpriya

Sep 25, 2019
I think your agent has misinformed you in this case and you won't have to retake them. They may ask you to retake it if it's going to expire or if there are delays. The reason my agent isn't thrilled about upfront is because the agent in 2020 and 2021 had clients retake it 3 times because of 2 year COVID processing delays. So unless you don't get a PR by next October or they somehow messed up your medicals, you very likely don't have to retake them. The policy has nothing to do with this. It's just that it's not mandatory to do it before submission and delays can cause only the medicals to expire, nothing else in the application expires.
This seems logical to me but my mind is so confused right now.lets see what hppns and i really hope i don't have to retake it as i don't want to get exposed to x-rays again