+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA receivers - May 23rd - 90th Draw

calky360

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Hey guys, in one of my employer reference letters, they've put my 'date of employment' as March 2013 - July 2016. However on my application I have only put my employment (with this employer) from March 2013 - July 2014. The reason they have put 2016 is because I took 'Leave Without Pay' for two years in July 2014. And then I officially resigned in July 2016 when I did not return to that employer once the LWOP finished. However the employer has used my official resignation date in July 2016 (even though I had not been working for 2 years).

Can I simply explain this in my LOE, or should I try and get the letter adjusted, or something else?

TIA.

monbear

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
16-11-2018
Guys we submitted all our documents and have cleared the medical exam.....so at the MEP stage....but we also got a message from CIC that they need us to submit a clear copy of our passports (me and my husband)....i have a few questions regarding this....
- Do we scan all pages of the passport or just the first and the last and the ones with stamps?
- Does it have to be a coloured copy?
- Does it have to be notarised?

Previously we had attached a copy with all pages but while reducing the size i think the quality detoriarated....

Also anyone here whose application has moved beyond the MEP stage? Please share your timeline....

AOR: 15th June 2018
MEP: 29th June 2018
According to the help in the passport upload section it says:
You must submit a legible copy of you valid travel document.

If you have a passport, you must provide a copy of:
  • the page that shows your birth date and country of origin, and
  • any pages with stamps, visas or markings

AOR: June 20
MEP: waiting....:)

chhabra.dkc

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
India
Hi All,

I have some questions about POF, hopefuly some members can help me understand this better.
I have X amount in my wife's account which I want to use as a POF being a primary application under EE.
I am thinking to get that amount in my account and get a gift deed signed by wife.

In addition, my mother has transfered majority of the funds in my account about a month back and I am planning to get a gift deed for that as well.

Will this option work okay?
What else do I need to attach if this option is okay? Do I need to attach my wife's 6 month back statement as well.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Best,
Deepak

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hey guys, in one of my employer reference letters, they've put my 'date of employment' as March 2013 - July 2016. However on my application I have only put my employment (with this employer) from March 2013 - July 2014. The reason they have put 2016 is because I took 'Leave Without Pay' for two years in July 2014. And then I officially resigned in July 2016 when I did not return to that employer once the LWOP finished. However the employer has used my official resignation date in July 2016 (even though I had not been working for 2 years).

Can I simply explain this in my LOE, or should I try and get the letter adjusted, or something else?

TIA.
just explain in LOE. as long as you did not claim the 2 additional years for the points its fine.

Reactions: calky360

keeratsingh

Jul 3, 2017
New Delhi
Hi All,

I have some questions about POF, hopefuly some members can help me understand this better.
I have X amount in my wife's account which I want to use as a POF being a primary application under EE.
I am thinking to get that amount in my account and get a gift deed signed by wife.

In addition, my mother has transfered majority of the funds in my account about a month back and I am planning to get a gift deed for that as well.

Will this option work okay?
What else do I need to attach if this option is okay? Do I need to attach my wife's 6 month back statement as well.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Best,
Deepak
Getting a gift deed for the money transferred from your mother is necessary here. But no need to get the funds from your wife's account to yours. Just get a simple letter from her on a plain paper signed mentioning that you being her husband (and she co-applicant) have full access to her account. That should work fine.

chhabra.dkc

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
India
Getting a gift deed for the money transferred from your mother is necessary here. But no need to get the funds from your wife's account to yours. Just get a simple letter from her on a plain paper signed mentioning that you being her husband (and she co-applicant) have full access to her account. That should work fine.
Hello Keerat bai,

Thank you for the response on this.
just another follow up question, does this means I need to attach her 6 months back statement as well. In fairness, she has got some of the amount in here account in the recent times from her parents, would that be a problem. Please advise.

keeratsingh

Jul 3, 2017
New Delhi
Hello Keerat bai,

Thank you for the response on this.
just another follow up question, does this means I need to attach her 6 months back statement as well. In fairness, she has got some of the amount in here account in the recent times from her parents, would that be a problem. Please advise.
Deepak though I am not very sure of this but technically you should submit the same details as you would for your own account. And maybe a gift deed from her parents to explain the transfer of funds.

chhabra.dkc

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
India
Deepak though I am not very sure of this but technically you should submit the same details as you would for your own account. And maybe a gift deed from her parents to explain the transfer of funds.
Understood, getting a gift deed from parents wouldn't be a challenge. I just wanted to avoid that and in turn getting a gift deed from wife which will eliminate the need of her bank statements.

keeratsingh

Jul 3, 2017
New Delhi
Understood, getting a gift deed from parents wouldn't be a challenge. I just wanted to avoid that and in turn getting a gift deed from wife which will eliminate the need of her bank statements.
As per my understanding even if you get funds from your wife there would be a need to explain the source of funds in her account if there was a big transaction recently(within the last 6 months), as she is your dependant in the application.

chhabra.dkc

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
India
As per my understanding even if you get funds from your wife there would be a need to explain the source of funds in her account if there was a big transaction recently(within the last 6 months), as she is your dependant in the application.

Well, in that case it's probably worth going this way.
- Get a gift deed from her parents
- Get a letter signed by my wife as NOC to use her account
- Get her 6 months statements, shows evident saving credits made from my account to her account

I think the pros with this is - the money has been sitting in her account from a while so that would be a positive as well. I am a registered NOMINEE in all the FD accounts created, therefore, that should be a plus as well.

Leaves me with one final question, this is not a mandate for me to be a join account holder? If this is not a mandate and NOC letter is enough.

anotherone11

May 8, 2018
Wouldn't it be better to transfer amount to his account and make a gift deed for her too? In this case, he won't have to submit the bank statement of his wife account.