+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA for OINP May EOI Comrades

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
i am confused about your explanation here . currently i have received my OINP nomination in my email but yet to get ITA. i missed the 24th of october batch by a few hours as i was yet to accept the 600 points on my profile, how i have the 600 points and no draw yet. my husband's ielt was taken on the 30th of october 2021 and since it was paper based the result came out on the 13th of november, so are you saying his profile is ineligible on the 30th of this month. because i saw its only applicable to oinp profile before nomination but for ircc its the result date that's used. as i intend to submit before the 13th of november once we get nomination
your husband needs to retake his IELTS. IELTS will expire 29th October 2023 from what I understand (a draw is unlikely now so it's expired now). It's an English test that tests your English skills on the day you took the test not on the day you received your scores (which could be months from the day you took it or during covid it took 3 months for TRF for some friends). Your profile may expire (if it doesn't you can quickly update it after you get your TRF). If it does expire you will have to contact OINP to send the nomination on the new profile you create (nomination is valid 6 months at least). OINP is kind of a safety cushion for you. You should have taken the IELTS already. Now you basically need only 67 points so might as well book for Monday and update your profile immediately as TRF is received in like 2 days when there is no rush. Do not submit your profile and wait for the officer to check the expiry and take any risks. You might fail completeness check and get a refund if it's not accepted and will have to make a new profile anyway and ask OINP for another nomination wasting time money and efforts in all this. You are complicating what was really simple which was to sit for a very basic Band 7 computer test (assuming that gets you 67 points).

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Guys so lets say someone’s IELTS expires a month or two after AOR
how does the officer even verify the IELTS if its expired?
The TRF number provides them with all the information they need. Date of IELTS expiration should be mentioned tbh on the TRF for good measure but they dont do that cause someone may accept expired scores if they dont care much just for records and that sort of make its a legal problem if the expiry is explicitly mentioned and they accepted it.

For IRCC and University purposes all scores are digitally accessible using TRF number.

Moonniicka

Jul 17, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
14-09-2023
AOR Received.
04-10-2023
Med's Done....
18-09-2023
The TRF number provides them with all the information they need. Date of IELTS expiration should be mentioned tbh on the TRF for good measure but they dont do that cause someone may accept expired scores if they dont care much just for records and that sort of make its a legal problem if the expiry is explicitly mentioned and they accepted it.

For IRCC and University purposes all scores are digitally accessible using TRF number.
Perfect explanation as always, thank you friend

Moonniicka

Jul 17, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
14-09-2023
AOR Received.
04-10-2023
Med's Done....
18-09-2023
Any idea as to when Eligibility usually starts guys?
medical and bio is completed in Tracker, Background Verification has been in progress since I made the tracker.

DrBee

Oct 29, 2023
Hello everyone!
Hope you all are good :)
I was wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me.
My timeline is as follows
Received NOI:8th May
Submitted: 18th June
Assessment: 8th September
Dip: Still waiting
I have sent them an email but everyone knows how that is. Any ideas?

lblue21

May 10, 2023
Hello everyone!
Hope you all are good :)
I was wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me.
My timeline is as follows
Received NOI:8th May
Submitted: 18th June
Assessment: 8th September
Dip: Still waiting
I have sent them an email but everyone knows how that is. Any ideas?
you can try calling them... still they may not have any solid updates for you.

lblue21

May 10, 2023
Hello Guys! Was coming across so many videos and posts in social media saying the cost of living are sky high and job opportunities are very low. It has started to sink in since we are just one step away from confirmation of PR (PPR request)

So people in this thread that are already in Canada, what is the situation there? Can anyone roughly give an monthly estimate (including rent) for a single person? I am open to shared accommodations as well.

Also, how is the job market for IT now? I have 7+ years of experience and I consider myself as a skilled person. How long would it take me to get a job?

Last edited:
Reactions: Steak75

Shadow09

Jul 16, 2021
Hello Guys! Was coming across so many videos and posts in social media saying the cost of living are sky high and job opportunities are very low. It has started to sink in since we are just one step away from confirmation of PR (PPR request)

So people in this thread that are already in Canada, what is the situation there? Can anyone rough give an monthly estimate (including rent) for a single person? I am open to shared accommodations as well.

Also, how is the job market for IT now? I have 7+ years of experience and I considered myself as a skilled person. How long would it take me to get a job?
Close to PPR, really? I don't think so but okay

Moonniicka

Jul 17, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
14-09-2023
AOR Received.
04-10-2023
Med's Done....
18-09-2023

So people in this thread that are already in Canada, what is the situation there? Can anyone roughly give an monthly estimate (including rent) for a single person? I am open to shared accommodations as well.

Also, how is the job market for IT now? I have 7+ years of experience and I consider myself as a skilled person. How long would it take me to get a job?
Hi
I’m Inland but I live in Alberta where the cost of rent and taxes are a lot less than Ontario
The cost of living (if you live like a student( for two is roughly 2000 CAD a month. As for Jobs, it’s competitive and requires networking, this is the reason why I’m doing a masters here so I can connect with people
But I’ve seen a lot of people here who found jobs without additional steps

Reactions: lblue21

Shadow09

Jul 16, 2021
Hi
I’m Inland but I live in Alberta where the cost of rent and taxes are a lot less than Ontario
The cost of living (if you live like a student( for two is roughly 2000 CAD a month. As for Jobs, it’s competitive and requires networking, this is the reason why I’m doing a masters here so I can connect with people
But I’ve seen a lot of people here who found jobs without additional steps

But you are nominated from OINP right? so will you be moving to ONtario as well?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018

I can put my experience having been in Canada for close to 2 yrs now as a PR. This is for Vancouver, BC. A disclaimer though, not discouraging anyone here :)

1. Cost of living - Indeed skyrocketed. 1 bhk rent is close to 3k (https://rentals.ca/national-rent-report) and I can agree. I see 1bhks listed for close to 2.6K around my area. Price of grocery/vegetables too has been on rise.
2. Job Opportunities - If you are looking for IT related jobs, very less at the moment in Vancouver. However I think this is temporary and as situation improves you will see more opportunities (just my thought). Ontario is much more conducive to IT related jobs.
3. Health Care - This is scary part. Clinics are not accepting new patients. Waiting for family doctors is close to 1 yr. Also unless its emergency, waiting time if you walk in, may go into hours.
4. Weather - I found this to be the best part. Very less pollution, good and clean air to breath. Not so harsh winters and snow (atleast in Vancouver).
5. Transport - Very well across Metro Vancouver area.

There is no fixed time to find a job. But I would definitely suggest you start applying to jobs from your home country as soon as you get CoPR. Best luck to you !

Reactions: szlg and lblue21