PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
14-09-2023
AOR Received.
04-10-2023
Med's Done....
18-09-2023
But you are nominated from OINP right? so will you be moving to ONtario as well?
Yep I am OINP and will be moving to Ontario very soon
But still my thought stands, getting a degree in Canada has a lot of benefits for finding jobs, even if you did it in a other province. I can name references from my school who are all well known in the industry and what not
Still Ive seen lots of people move to Canada and find jobs without doing what I did

Moonniicka

Jul 17, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
14-09-2023
AOR Received.
04-10-2023
Med's Done....
18-09-2023
Will you actually move or will just get a postal address to show but will continue to live in Alberta?? which area in ON will you move? if you actually do??
I have to move because my husband needs to start school in Ontario by next fall.
Our final destination will be Ottawa because we have family there
But for school, wherever we find cheap rent so probably Brampton for starters because it is close to the institute

Reactions: lblue21

Shadow09

Jul 16, 2021
I have to move because my husband needs to start school in Ontario by next fall.
Our final destination will be Ottawa because we have family there
But for school, wherever we find cheap rent so probably Brampton for starters because it is close to the institute
How is the rent looking like in Ottawa?

Moonniicka

Jul 17, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
14-09-2023
AOR Received.
04-10-2023
Med's Done....
18-09-2023
How is the rent looking like in Ottawa?
Less than Toronto, higher than Alberta. by the time I move to Ottawa I will be working in my actual job so I'm not going to worry about it until then :)

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Logically, that is the next step right? Given the current situation in Canada, Aren't we supposed to prepare well?
Yes it is. Every persons timeline is different. You could get a PPR any day you never know. Being positive is good in such scenarios and preparing well is even better. Do note Every persons view is going to be biased based on their own experience. Not a universal view. Depends on how good you are at what you do. Experience in years doesn't count much if it's not relevant to the job you are applying. Product companies would be the best way to go if possible in tech.

Reactions: Steak75

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
I can put my experience having been in Canada for close to 2 yrs now as a PR. This is for Vancouver, BC. A disclaimer though, not discouraging anyone here :)

1. Cost of living - Indeed skyrocketed. 1 bhk rent is close to 3k (https://rentals.ca/national-rent-report) and I can agree. I see 1bhks listed for close to 2.6K around my area. Price of grocery/vegetables too has been on rise.
2. Job Opportunities - If you are looking for IT related jobs, very less at the moment in Vancouver. However I think this is temporary and as situation improves you will see more opportunities (just my thought). Ontario is much more conducive to IT related jobs.
3. Health Care - This is scary part. Clinics are not accepting new patients. Waiting for family doctors is close to 1 yr. Also unless its emergency, waiting time if you walk in, may go into hours.
4. Weather - I found this to be the best part. Very less pollution, good and clean air to breath. Not so harsh winters and snow (atleast in Vancouver).
5. Transport - Very well across Metro Vancouver area.

There is no fixed time to find a job. But I would definitely suggest you start applying to jobs from your home country as soon as you get CoPR. Best luck to you !
What basically I got from this is if you find a good job that pays well and are happy with it (which is really more to do with how good you are and like doing what you do rather than immigration) and stay fit and healthy Canada is perfect for you. The GP part sucks. I think you need to start looking for that as soon as you land so that you can get a good clinic. Healthcare in Canada is its weakest link right now given how inaccessible it's getting. Jobs and houses are a lot easier to build and will most likely be fixed once immigration slows down. Canadians already hate immigration levels so it's not going to be sustainable for long and will stop.

Moonniicka

Jul 17, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
14-09-2023
AOR Received.
04-10-2023
Med's Done....
18-09-2023
What basically I got from this is if you find a good job that pays well and are happy with it (which is really more to do with how good you are and like doing what you do rather than immigration) and stay fit and healthy Canada is perfect for you.
That sounds true and sad at the same time. :(

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
That sounds true and sad at the same time. :(
Unfortunately yes. North America has always struggled with healthcare whether it was free or paid. Some random checkup in America will cost you 2000$. If it was free then you wouldn't get an appointment for a few months just like Canada. The barrier to becoming a healthcare professional is so high, that there are few of them and lot of patients. Immigration won't fix a problem like that . Its just a band aid and a temporary solution.

Moonniicka

Jul 17, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
14-09-2023
AOR Received.
04-10-2023
Med's Done....
18-09-2023
Unfortunately yes. North America has always struggled with healthcare whether it was free or paid. Some random checkup in America will cost you 2000$. If it was free then you wouldn't get an appointment for a few months just like Canada. The barrier to becoming a healthcare professional is so high, that there are few of them and lot of patients. Immigration won't fix a problem like that . Its just a band aid and a temporary solution.
:( yeah. I have high hopes though that eventually the governments will take the necessary steps to incorporate more medical personnel/make it easier for foreign health-care workers to get licensed.

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
:( yeah. I have high hopes though that eventually the governments will take the necessary steps to incorporate more medical personnel/make it easier for foreign health-care workers to get licensed.
US and CA medical licensing is tough. Not a single doctor I know is open to moving to CA / US cause their specialities will be brought down to a GP. The NHS offers an easier path for them so they prefer either EU or Australia. Not surprising that both these places dont have a healthcare problem as such.

Reactions: Moonniicka

lblue21

May 10, 2023
Yes it is. Every persons timeline is different. You could get a PPR any day you never know. Being positive is good in such scenarios and preparing well is even better. Do note Every persons view is going to be biased based on their own experience. Not a universal view. Depends on how good you are at what you do. Experience in years doesn't count much if it's not relevant to the job you are applying. Product companies would be the best way to go if possible in tech.
Agree! I understand every experience is subjective. I wanted to hear the ground reality without any exaggeration. Hence posted here. Thank You all for the clarity!

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
What basically I got from this is if you find a good job that pays well and are happy with it (which is really more to do with how good you are and like doing what you do rather than immigration) and stay fit and healthy Canada is perfect for you. The GP part sucks. I think you need to start looking for that as soon as you land so that you can get a good clinic. Healthcare in Canada is its weakest link right now given how inaccessible it's getting. Jobs and houses are a lot easier to build and will most likely be fixed once immigration slows down. Canadians already hate immigration levels so it's not going to be sustainable for long and will stop.
if you find a good job that pays well - this is no more an IF :) . This has become a MUST, and if you plan to move to Toronto OR Vancouver , you need a job that pays you at least 100k an year

Reactions: Moonniicka

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
if you find a good job that pays well - this is no more an IF :) . This has become a MUST, and if you plan to move to Toronto OR Vancouver , you need a job that pays you at least 100k an year
A decent SDE or Project Manager with PMP should be able to make that. I am not much aware of analytics and Data science people but the good ones who worked at bigger product companies should be able to pass that 100k barrier upon landing with a few referrals and good interview practice and resume tailoring and of course negotiation. Healthcare people won't initially make that much cause of licensing procedures but I think health care people will also make decent money after a couple of years of experience and licensing.

its all a struggle. Either you've struggled in the past and reaping the benefits by being consistent, or you haven't and now you'll have to upon landing. Can't expect Canada to throw money at you just cause you got the PR. A misconception I feel among the young these days.

Reactions: CNP and Moonniicka

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
A decent SDE or Project Manager with PMP should be able to make that. I am not much aware of analytics and Data science people but the good ones who worked at bigger product companies should be able to pass that 100k barrier upon landing with a few referrals and good interview practice and resume tailoring and of course negotiation. Healthcare people won't initially make that much cause of licensing procedures but I think health care people will also make decent money after a couple of years of experience and licensing.

its all a struggle. Either you've struggled in the past and reaping the benefits by being consistent, or you haven't and now you'll have to upon landing. Can't expect Canada to throw money at you just cause you got the PR. A misconception I feel among the young these days.
This is easier said than done. Very few (without any prior experience in Canada - either education OR work) would clear all those parameters - upon landing with a few referrals and good interview practice and resume tailoring and of course negotiation. This is not normal in every case primarily because of less job opportunities vs the number of people who apply, preference of companies to candidates with Canadian experience, so on and so forth.

The last line you mentioned is the reality - it is struggle to start with, to find accommodation, job, acclimatize to healthcare, banking, weather etc etc. and yes dont expect to earn handsomely as soon as you land. eg - If you forget PIN of your debit card, you need to visit branch to change it. Imagine that happening in a country we call as developed. Banking system here is unfortunately way behind in terms of processes and procedure. The key is to embrace.

One should have right expectations to come to Canada and then it is easy to succeed :) .

PS - Again, I am not discouraging anyone. Canada is beautiful place to be at. I wish everyone a good luck !