+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA for OINP May EOI Comrades

lblue21

May 10, 2023
I don't think it matters. No need to mention this unless you have gap in your work that you want to talk about in your LoE. If this is not going to give you points, only mention it where necessary like when you have to provide details of what you were doing from 18 years od age till now and you don't have any explanation for this duration.
Thank You @Owais Iqbal

Reactions: Owais Iqbal

Moonniicka

Jul 17, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
14-09-2023
AOR Received.
04-10-2023
Med's Done....
18-09-2023
I have seen fair share of cases in close friends and family. You ain't got nothing to worry about. Do not volunteer information or explanation unless it is absolutely necessary.
Very sound advice, thank you

vancouvergorilla

Jul 8, 2023
Hi everyone, have a question regarding the proof of fund: do we need to provide anything about the credit cards, or the bank statement of saving account is sufficent? I have like 5 credit cards and I've paid all the balance. Those credit card companies don't provide letter with current balance, but the statement would show the balances that I've already paid out, and I heard that IRCC will deduct credit card debts from saving :(

lblue21

May 10, 2023
I guess you can just submit the online credit card statements. but not sure. I think you will have to redact the card number anyway.

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Hi everyone, have a question regarding the proof of fund: do we need to provide anything about the credit cards, or the bank statement of saving account is sufficent? I have like 5 credit cards and I've paid all the balance. Those credit card companies don't provide letter with current balance, but the statement would show the balances that I've already paid out, and I heard that IRCC will deduct credit card debts from saving :(
Nope. No matter how much credit limit you have on the credit cards or the balance, your cash reserves or savings is what they want to see. The amount that you have available to fund you in Canada for 6 months to a year in case you don't find a job. If they ask you in ADR, then you should provide the information and highlight the transactions on the statement showing that you paid in full. In that case, you should also show that your cash (checking) or savings balance never went below the minimum required by IRCC and you were able to cover your expenses with your monthly salary.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018

Nope. No matter how much credit limit you have on the credit cards or the balance, your cash reserves or savings is what they want to see. The amount that you have available to fund you in Canada for 6 months to a year in case you don't find a job. If they ask you in ADR, then you should provide the information and highlight the transactions on the statement showing that you paid in full. In that case, you should also show that your cash (checking) or savings balance never went below the minimum required by IRCC and you were able to cover your expenses with your monthly salary.

always refer official instructions from IRCC

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

clearly stated under section , what needs to declared What we accept as proof

nenny3311

Jul 12, 2023
HI everyone I know you are not immigration lawyers but wondering now that we are filling out application I realized that spouse foreign work experience is not giving any addtl points, can we just move it to personal history even though it was there before ITA? I am the spouse, my spouse got the oinp and so of course he already has all his employment letters, and wondering why i would need to track down mine if hes not getting any points for my foreign work experience. Anyone going through this?

Reactions: Moonniicka

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
In case anyone is wondering I haven't had any stay longer than 4 months in the US but lived there 3 times for 4 4 and 1 month. The document section still shows US PCC as a requirement. So if you get an ADR for PCC for a stay that wasn't longer than a few weeks don't be surprised. It seems PCC are going to be requested for most of the countries you have visited.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
HI everyone I know you are not immigration lawyers but wondering now that we are filling out application I realized that spouse foreign work experience is not giving any addtl points, can we just move it to personal history even though it was there before ITA? I am the spouse, my spouse got the oinp and so of course he already has all his employment letters, and wondering why i would need to track down mine if hes not getting any points for my foreign work experience. Anyone going through this?
You are right, spouse foreign work experience doesnt give any points, ONLY Canadian experience does. As a thumb rule, anything added under Work History needs to be backed up by documents, while anything under Personal History doesnt need any.

Moonniicka

Jul 17, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
14-09-2023
AOR Received.
04-10-2023
Med's Done....
18-09-2023
I had the same issue with my spouses foreing work experience, I just casually moved it to his personal history. It isn’t lying because, you CRS score doesn’t change, spouses foreign work experience down add any points, and its all covered in personal history.