+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA 3 weeks short of 2 years experience?!

loz1993

Aug 19, 2018
Hey all,

I wasn’t expecting this. I got an ITA as my experience is rounding up to 2 years before the calendar date.
Does anyone have experience with this? Successful vs refused? Can you submit your profile in 60 days/after you hit the 2 yr calendar date?

I’ve read all the forums online, lots of controversy. Not much info on hitting the 2 yr mark though, as i met the minimum entry criteria. I have to leave canada soon as my work visa is expiring. I’ve struggled with points just got an ita at 449 (with 2 yrs canadian experience counted).

Thank you in advance!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hey all,

I wasn’t expecting this. I got an ITA as my experience is rounding up to 2 years before the calendar date.
Does anyone have experience with this? Successful vs refused? Can you submit your profile in 60 days/after you hit the 2 yr calendar date?

I’ve read all the forums online, lots of controversy. Not much info on hitting the 2 yr mark though, as i met the minimum entry criteria. I have to leave canada soon as my work visa is expiring. I’ve struggled with points just got an ita at 449 (with 2 yrs canadian experience counted).
The part about the system awarding points a month early is discussed on a daily basis, it is because the profile only asks for MM/YYYY instead of MM/DD/YYYY. Because of this, the system "assumes" that your start date is on the first of the month, and the end date is the last day of the month. In fact it could be the opposite and give an ITA up to 2 months too soon.

This has also been discussed many times, but a lot of people find it difficult to distinguish between "Minimum Entry Criteria (MEC)" and CRS points.

For the MEC (e.g. one year minimum of skilled work experience in Canada to qualify for CEC), you must meet the requirement at the time of the ITA.

For CRS points (beyond the one year), you are OK if you meet the requirement at the time you submit your eAPR.

Since you are talking about the CRS points for the 2nd year, and not the MEC, you will be able to keep the points for the 2nd year, as long as you have completed 2 full years of employment at the time you submit the eAPR. If you do not complete the 2nd year before your permit expires, you won't have earned the points for the 2nd year; if you applied anyway, your CRS score would be recalculated and you would (likely) be refused.