New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 10, 2014
IELTS Request
Hi,

I am an IT professional from India with more than 8 years of experience in telecom domain. Just started to gather all the information from applying to follow up etc..

There is lots of information but scattered around and the information you get from the CIC sites are very top level.. So if you are an Indian too and have any information about how to proceed and want to share your good or bad experience whilst getting into Canada.. please share here.. It would diffinately help some one like me and one time some one like u...

Thanks and Please take care...

Shahid

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Hi Shahid,

Welcome to this forum..

Occupation list will be announced by CIC in April (next month) and will accepted by them ( from 4th May)

You need to first check your occupation in expected 25 in demand occupation list ( IT is listed, i think) and gather all documents accordingly.

You need to start with IELTS first and all gather other docs (such as Education certificate, PCC, Work Experience certificate, etc). Please visit www.cic.gc.ca

Wish you all the best.

Regards
Cool

shahid_canadaim said:
Hi,

I am an IT professional from India with more than 8 years of experience in telecom domain. Just started to gather all the information from applying to follow up etc..

There is lots of information but scattered around and the information you get from the CIC sites are very top level.. So if you are an Indian too and have any information about how to proceed and want to share your good or bad experience whilst getting into Canada.. please share here.. It would diffinately help some one like me and one time some one like u...

Shahid

canxyz

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Hello,
Actually the fact is that IT / Computer professionals are already in excess supply in Canada. Therefore,your profession is not expected to be on the list of Federal Skilled Worker occupation in demand.

You can still wait for the list and then decide.

Good Luck

nvln

Mar 14, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Hopefully will be waived....!!
canxyz said:
Hello,
Actually the fact is that IT / Computer professionals are already in excess supply in Canada. Therefore,your profession is not expected to be on the list of Federal Skilled Worker occupation in demand.

Good Luck
Hi CANXYZ,

To the Contrary, if you see some of the Job Sites for Canada (eg. Workopolis) and also Company Jobsites, I noticed that there are good number of openings for IT Professionals, in various fields (eg., Banking Technology, Healthcare Technology, Advisory and Consulting, etc).

What makes the positions interesting is if the incumbent has a blend of Operations Process, Technology and Management Skills. And, International Certifications in various IT subjects (eg., ITIL, ISO, IS, IT Architecture, etc) only go to add credentials to the Applicant.

Regards.
NVLN.

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
I have to agree with Canyxz. There are job openings in the field does not mean that there is a shortage of people in the field. But what is encouraging for you is that occupations in high level management might appear in the list. SO, you could possibly apply as a technology manager or something of that sort.

nvln said:
Hi CANXYZ,

To the Contrary, if you see some of the Job Sites for Canada (eg. Workopolis) and also Company Jobsites, I noticed that there are good number of openings for IT Professionals, in various fields (eg., Banking Technology, Healthcare Technology, Advisory and Consulting, etc).

What makes the positions interesting is if the incumbent has a blend of Operations Process, Technology and Management Skills. And, International Certifications in various IT subjects (eg., ITIL, ISO, IS, IT Architecture, etc) only go to add credentials to the Applicant.

Regards.
NVLN.

bongcan

Dec 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-11-2010
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
Med's Request
14-12-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2013
Passport Req..
08-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-07-2013
Well IT is not as bad as some regulated professions to gain entry. None the less, mostly they prefer Citizens or PRs for existing openings rather than WP except where GRs are brought in through intra-company transfer.

jaydipal

Star Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shahid_canadaim,

Dear I am positive about opening your NOC in 2013 , since it was there lastly in 2010 year.
so start preparing

and there are so many openings in IT including all sectors in canada. and ppl are being paid there more than USA H1b holders.

so I am positive and all should be positive :)

shahid_canadaim

Star Member
Feb 24, 2013
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 10, 2014
IELTS Request
Thank you all so much for the response. The feed back and response I am being getting are bit on the positive side so thats a good news for all us.

But whats missing is a clear direction, but even that seems to be fading by all of the excellent peoples like you all sharing the information here.

Thanks again and I will update every one with my foodsteps to Canada.. :)

Regards,
Shahid

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, Shahid - you may find it worthwhile to read the labour market forecasts of Canada's Information and Communications Technology Council (ICTC).

The 2011-2016 Outlook report provides details on:

• A study of the knowledge economy workforce in Canada, current and future;
• An analysis of:
- skills that are, and will be, in demand by region; --> should be particularly useful for prospective immigrants
- the industry sectors in which skilled workers are predominantly employed — types, intensity and number of employees;
- the role of immigration, emigration and outsourcing;
- the structure of employment in both user and supplier organizations;
• An estimate of the impact of the principal drivers of change on the demand side, such as ICT spending and technology adoption;
• An estimate of the impact of the supply side drivers of change, such as enrolment, mid-career training, and retirement; and
• One and two year forecasts across the occupations and regions, extending out to five-years

http://www.ictc-ctic.ca/?page_id=3412

thomas78

Star Member
May 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-06-2011
shahid_canadaim said:
Hi,

Shahid
hi shahid...
i belong to the same category and experience that you have. i immigrated in 2011. In june 2010 they removed noc 0213 from the list. As per my knowledge GTA is having lot of IT openings and the profession is not regulated (especially in BFS and telecom sector). They are probably going to update the list of professions without the noc 0213. The main reason is as per the latest budget there would be tax cut for corporates providing training to employees. So that mean fresh graduates in IT would be inducted in as trainees.

However you can either come to canada through quebec immigration (another IT hub) or arranged employment which is harder.

You should not wait for the list to be announced. You have to start the preparations for the supporting documents. like birth certificates, experience letter with duties (duties mismatch from noc duties will be rejected), forms, funds, work history, addresses where you lived after 18 years, PCC etc.. They wont accept applications once the quota is reached.

shahid_canadaim

Star Member
Feb 24, 2013
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 10, 2014
IELTS Request
Thank you so much Thomas.. I have just started the same but for filling the forms its taking quiet some time..

thomas78

Star Member
May 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-06-2011
shahid_canadaim said:
Thank you so much Thomas.. I have just started the same but for filling the forms its taking quiet some time..
good news for IT guys...

OTTAWA - Foreign engineers, computer programmers and physiotherapists are among those who will qualify for a revamped federal skilled-worker program when it re-opens next month.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada has released its eligible occupations list and named four organizations that will assess the credentials of applicants who studied outside of Canada.

These assessments are now mandatory and must be done before applications to the skilled-worker program are submitted.

Ottawa is also limiting the total number of applications to 5,000 -- including caps in each of the 24 eligible occupations.

The government stopped accepting new applications under the skilled worker program last July in advance of rejigging the system.

That followed a decision announced in the 2012 budget to wipe out an existing backlog in the program by returning thousands of applications.

The program will re-open May 4 with the new changes in effect.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/ottawa-unveils-list-of-jobs-eligible-under-revamped-skilled-worker-program-1.1243791

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
canxyz said:
Hello,

Good Luck
It did appear in the list afterall

shahid_canadaim

Star Member
Feb 24, 2013
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 10, 2014
IELTS Request
Hi the list for eligible occupations opened but only 5k new applications and 300 in each categories just looks very less for me.. is it a good news or bad for the Software Professionals with good experiance ??