Interview........
28/05/2013 called for 13/06/2013
Passport Req..
11/11/2013
VISA ISSUED...
27/11/2013
LANDED..........
25/12/2013 Christmas Eve
Alright everybody who is concerned from Dubai, to Toronto.
I took an Experience Letter/Certificate from RTA, for AED 60 derhams. It was valid for 60 days.

When you reach here in Toronto, you need to go to Service Ontario in 777 Bay, College Rd., because other Service Ontarios have not dealt with newly landed immigrants and they do not know what to do. Ask for 'Exchange Out of Province D/L'
You need your original Dubai license and it should be still valid, along with your passport and COPR. You will pay 85 dollars (exact cash). You will be sent to take written test at the same time. (If you do not want to take the test mention before hand.) You do not need any photo or photocopy.) They will collect your original police experience letter (so ask the person to give you a copy for your motor insurance later on.)

Written test is easy, but you need to have tried these online mock tests or apps available for smart phones. No time limit for the test.

The same moment the result comes and if you pass, you will go directly for Highway road test (full G license), if you had more than 2 years Dubai driving experience.

Then you need to call a number for taking appointment for road test. You can not do it online as your G1 driving license (given to you after passing the road test) is temporary.

You may take some driving courses. If the course meets the requirements, you may be eligible for your motor insurance policy.

For the road test, check the few available DriveTest centers to select the right one. You need a credit card or ATM available. You need to take a car for test in Serco (Victoria park one). They do not have any car to give you and charge you.

moosejaw

Mar 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 2011
Nomination.....
march 2013
AOR Received.
Last week of june 2013
Med's Request
First week of Feb 2015
Med's Done....
3rd week of Feb 2015
Passport Req..
PPR1+MEDICALS UPDATED FORMS+UPDATED PCC ON FIRST WEEK OF FEB 2015
VISA ISSUED...
in may 2015
LANDED..........
in may 2015

MRayan

Apr 26, 2016
CAN REALLY SOMEBODY GUIDE ME HOW TO GET DRIVING EXPERIENCE IN KSA (SAUDI ARABIA). I HAVE BEEN DRIVING SINCE LONG IN SAUDI ARABIA. WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE.

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
Guys,

I've a Indian driving license effective since 2003 (License card in English).
The same license was valid and accepted in UK for one year, when I stayed there.

Will this license be sufficient as temporary license for initial months? Can I apply for G2 on the basis of same?

Regards,
Aditya

Shubhdeep1994

Aug 23, 2017
HOW TO OBTAIN ONTARIO DRIVING LICENSE WITH OUR HOME COUNTRY LICENSE:

Dear Surf237,

If our home country doesn't have a *reciprocal licence exchange agreement with Ontario, we cannot Swap our current D/License to get a Toronto D/License.
*Reciprocal License Exchange Agreement exists between Ontario and: US, Japan, Korea, Switzerland, Germany, France, UK, Austria & Belgium.

But, in that case do we have to START all over Again? No...
We can immediately apply & get a Toronto (Ontario) Driving License thru the following procedure:

FIRSTLY:
1. Before we land, we must obtain a 'Letter of Authentication' (in English) from the home country's Roads & Transport Authority, stating "more than 24 months" driving experience in our country.
2. Take also a 'True Translation Copy' (in English) of our D/License from Road & Transport Authority.
3. Both of the above, in most cases, would be clubbed in one letter.
4. Or obtain an International Driving License* (IDL / IDP).
*This is nothing but a translated copy of our present d/license. (it can be used in lieu of the item stated in point-2 above).

With the foregoing, we can drive a car abroad for three [3] months (2 months, in Ontario). Within that time apply for the Ontario Driving License. The procedure of which is given at: http://www.drivetest.ca/en/license/OutOfCountry... the salient points of which I am listing below.

SECONDLY:
In such cases we are called 'Out of Country Drivers' and we can skip the G1 'waiting period' and get a G2 driving license [provided we have the above 24 Months letter]:

(a) Now for the Ontario driver's licence are required to;
-a1. present a valid foreign driver's licence (if it is not in English or French, it is to be accompanied by a written translation from a qualified translator); [we got that, as above]
-a.2: pass a vision test and a written knowledge test regarding Ontario's traffic rules;
-a.3: pay all applicable fees;
-a.4: Provide acceptable proof of identity.

(b) Applicants are required to provide adequate proof of foreign driving experience. (However, if it is not there, the ministry will accept applicants' declaration of their foreign driving experience on the driver's licence application for up to a maximum of 12 months experience. In that case we get the G1* license only.

THIRDLY:
Based on the 24 months Authentication Letter the ministry will recognize the applicant's foreign driving experience as certified on the authentication letter AND,

(a) We can attempt the G2**Exit Road Tests (mandatory wait times are waived).
(b) Upon successfully passing the G2 Exit Road Test, we get the G2 license.
(c) After few months of driving under G2 we can apply for a G***Licence.
(d) If applicants do not provide a letter of authentication, applicants must pass the G1 road test and must fulfill the 12-month waiting period prior to taking G2 road test.

Note:
*G1 licence has certain limitations like we have to always drive alongwith a G license holder. It is thus, useless for us, who have good & adequate driving experience under similar driving conditions & system as that of Canada [read 'left-hand drive' experience & similar road/traffic management conditions].
**G2 license is as good as G, except that we cannot drive on the Highway at certain times (Midnight Rush Hrs. when truck movement starts).
***G License is the 'full fledged' driving license.

Hope that helps.
Qorax.

Ps.: The procedure is pretty much similar with all other provinces.
Thanks @qorax for sharing such valuable info... Is this valid as of now?? I'm from India, so if I get such 24 months exp.letter here.. will it help me to skip g1? I'm asking bcz here we have right hand driving system.. will it have any effect? Please advise. Thanks.

Reactions: qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Thanks @qorax for sharing such valuable info... Is this valid as of now?? I'm from India, so if I get such 24 months exp.letter here.. will it help me to skip g1? I'm asking bcz here we have right hand driving system.. will it have any effect? Please advise. Thanks.
Yes, the rules remain unchanged.

Reactions: Shubhdeep1994