zafari

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb-2012
any one who has experience or infomation regarding "how to convert EU(Denmark) driving license to Canadian D/L"?
i hv danish D/L & i want canadian now, please help with ur valuable advise!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zafari said:
any one who has experience or infomation regarding "how to convert EU(Denmark) driving license to Canadian D/L"?
i hv danish D/L & i want canadian now, please help with ur valuable advise!
In the EU, all EU licenses are equal but in Canada, only the nationality of the license matters. If you are in Ontario, in order to convert, you need a license from one of these countries: USA, Australia, Austria, Belgium, France, Great Britain, Germany, Isle of Man, Japan, Korea, Northern Ireland, Switzerland, see http://www.drivetest.ca/en/license/exchangeReciprocal.aspx

As your license is not from one of those countries, you will have to follow the instructions here: http://www.drivetest.ca/en/license/OutOfCountryDrivers.aspx You will need a drivers abstract from the Danish police or traffic authority to prove your driving experience. You must take the written exam and if you have more than 24 months experience, you may take the advanced road test right away and get your full license, class G. If you have between 12 and 24 months experience, you may take the basic road test and get the 2nd probationary license, class G2. If you have less than 12 months, you will have to wait to take your road test, you will be granted a learners license, G1 and may not drive without a licensed person at your side.

mmkcanada

Nov 15, 2011
Hi qorax
I have Pakistani licence issued in1979, (its computrize one) , for me what is the requirment to get BC (vancouver) licence? can i drive on my Pakistani licens for sometime? or i need international licence? as you mention need a letter from transport authority but in pakistan i dont think any of such authority please guide me as i m landing in next month.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mmkcanada said:
Hi qorax
I have Pakistani licence issued in1979, (its computrize one) , for me what is the requirment to get BC (vancouver) licence? can i drive on my Pakistani licens for sometime? or i need international licence? as you mention need a letter from transport authority but in pakistan i dont think any of such authority please guide me as i m landing in next month.
Ask the police if they can give you such a letter, preferably in English. Otherwise, if the issue date of your 1979 license is printed on it, getting a certified translation of the license would help because you need that date. Just getting an IDP might not be as helpful because it will not have the issue date of your original license. You can drive on your license for up to 90 days after moving.

Read http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing/moving-bc/moving-dl/other_most and http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing/moving-bc/driving-experience for BC.

mmkcanada

Nov 15, 2011
Thanks leon for prompt response, yes first issuenece date 1979 is printed on licence and it is already in english.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mmkcanada said:
Thanks leon for prompt response, yes first issuenece date 1979 is printed on licence and it is already in english.
Better to have a copy of the BC Motor Vehicle Act with you (you can google and download it) because here in BC traffic police doesn't always follow the rule.

sridev

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Sep 2011
I have UK full driving license. but it is less than 24 months. apart from that i have an indian driving license, which was issues 5 years back. can i exchange ontario G driving license or i need to wait.
Else if i take an international drv license in UK which is valid for 12 months. if i wait for few months in ontario, then i will complete 24 months on my UK drv license. after that can i apply for G license.

Please advice me. Thanks in advance

denver12

Jan 17, 2013
Bahrain
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have been driving in Bahrain for the past 7 years and i still have a valid licence till mid 2015. Is it possible for me get it exchanged in Ontario.

Pls advice.

Regards,

galaxyps

Jan 20, 2012
AMRITSAR
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2012
Doc's Request.
PER 02-05-2012
AOR Received.
MI3- 29 may 2012
IELTS Request
YES
File Transfer...
MI 3 - RBVO
Med's Request
ON 26 NOV 2012 BY GRACE OF GOD
Med's Done....
ON 1ST DEC 2012
Interview........
waiver by grace of God
Passport Req..
PP SENT ON 15TH DEC 2012
VISA ISSUED...
BY GRACE OF WAHEGURU on 05-02-2013
LANDED..........
MAY BE IN MAR/APRIL 2013
Hi Qorax Sir,
Pls suggest, which province has flexible rules regarding issuing G driving Licence ( Toronto or Edmonton or vancouver ). I mean in which province , it is easy nad take less time to convert ur DL. I m from India and taking my DL with a verification letter from the RTO but it is without my picture. Is it enough?
2. someone suggest me to take a no-claim insurance record from ur home country. Will it be any use in Canada.
Thanx in advance

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
galaxyps said:
Hi Qorax Sir,
Pls suggest, which province has flexible rules regarding issuing G driving Licence ( Toronto or Edmonton or vancouver ). I mean in which province , it is easy nad take less time to convert ur DL. I m from India and taking my DL with a verification letter from the RTO but it is without my picture. Is it enough?
2. someone suggest me to take a no-claim insurance record from ur home country. Will it be any use in Canada.
Thanx in advance
2) Useless in Toronto but beneficial in Vancouver

jeea

Dec 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have just moved to Toronto from India.

I have Indian driving licence with me which is just 4 months old, however I have been driving in India for over 10 years - never needed a licence.

What can I do to expedite the process? Will I have to take the written test and wait for 12 months for G1 and then another 12 months for G2? Or some way can be worked out? I did read - http://www.drivetest.ca/EN/licencing/Pages/Out-of-Country-Drivers.aspx

Please help,
J

murugan426

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
CHENNAI
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
3131, 0113
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2010
Doc's Request.
30-09-2010
AOR Received.
30-09-2010
IELTS Request
14-05-2010
Med's Request
29-05-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
10-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2014 EXPIRY 26.06.2014
LANDED..........
Hi,

Please provide me the details to get authentication letter in UAE that I gathered the experienced more than 18 months now.

muru

Leon said:
If you are staying in Canada for less than a year and do not wish to get a Canadian drivers license, you can choose to go for an international license to allow you to drive longer.

If you wish to get a Canadian drivers license, you will need the 24 month letter if you want to be able to get a full license. If you are unable to prove how long you have been driving, you can only get a learners license. That goes for Ontario.

If you are in Alberta, an international license can serve instead of a translation of a license and can get you skipped over a learners license straight to a probationary license.

dreaming_yyz

Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Doc's Request.
07-07-2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR 07-07-2010 - 2nd AOR 19-08-2010
IELTS Request
With the documents
File Transfer...
14-07-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
27-11-2012
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
08-11-2012 (Passports sent on 04-12-2012) Received request for POF on 4-2-2012 Submitted POF on 15-2-2013, Received request for Saudi PCC on 2-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made on 28.10.2013
LANDED..........
Landed at Toronto on 28th Nov. 2013
As I am landing in Canada (Toronto) end of this month, I need answer to this very important query about my drivers license. The RTA does not issue any authenticating letter in India stating that my license is valid for 24 months etc. However, I read in the forum that this letter is mandatory to get a G Test in Ontario. The original date of issue is printed on my license which is almost 13 years back. Will that suffice. Please let me know.

Thanks

njrj22

Nov 22, 2013
Hi,

I am currently in USA. It is really helpful to know that Reciprocal License Exchange Agreement exists between Ontario and US.
I have US driver license since March 2010 but from 3 different states due to my job relocation.

Now I am little confused on the part that what other documents do i need to carry with me for the full license transfer (I guess its G license).
I do have all the original previous US license even though its no longer valid. On December 2013, i got my new license from California.

I would really appreciate if anybody could clarify it...

Thanks!!!