+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Islamabad - Canadian Study Permit- June 2014

Garfieldyo

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Hey guys...

This is for all pakistani students who have applied for a study permit after June 1st when the new policy took into effect.

Please post your time lines...

I applied through the VAC paper based but have heard nothing till now.
Please discuss your applications on this thread because it's solely dedicated to pakistani students who have applied at Islamabad CHC.

Anyone hear from the embassy after applying in June?

sam89

Star Member
Apr 3, 2012
I applied on 10th of june , Onlinne

Biometrics done on 24th of june

now waiting//........

Jan 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
If Allah Almighty wills (Insha Allah)
Asalam u alikum to all native people. .
I applied on 24-06-2014 with medical upfront. (Paper Based)
Status on VFS tracking web : your PP has been forwarded to CHC. . and nothing else yet ..
UG (BBA transfer student) admitted in Memorial university of Newfoundland.

Garfieldyo

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Im an undergrad transfer too but from a foreign university.
Anyways i didn't do medical upfront because I didn't know we could. Now i do regret it as it could save me time later on if they do request medical.

Anyhow thats good news if you guys have applied in June as well. I think this new policy is better for undergrads. It's just so weird that everyone who applied in June hasn't heard from CHC.

The delay with CHC will cause me to give up on my US offer :(

Jan 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
Garfieldyo said:
Im an undergrad transfer too but from a foreign university.
Anyways i didn't do medical upfront because I didn't know we could. Now i do regret it as it could save me time later on if they do request medical.

Anyhow thats good news if you guys have applied in June as well. I think this new policy is better for undergrads. It's just so weird that everyone who applied in June hasn't heard from CHC.

The delay with CHC will cause me to give up on my US offer :(
great .. best of luck ..

UGStudentpk

Jun 30, 2014
I will apply soon, I am going to apply for Undergrad for september semester from Pakistan. Can you guys tell me what documents are required besides the usual financial, educational. Is police certificate required? and whats the procedure for upfront medical that you guys are talking about. Your help is needed!!! Thanks

hassan783

Apr 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2014 online
Med's Request
up front medical
i applied on 7th of june online with upfront medical and biometrics done on 18th and applied in memorial university for master programme let see what would be the outcome of application:(

Jan 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
UGStudentpk said:
I will apply soon, I am going to apply for Undergrad for september semester from Pakistan. Can you guys tell me what documents are required besides the usual financial, educational. Is police certificate required? and whats the procedure for upfront medical that you guys are talking about. Your help is needed!!! Thanks
this might help u

Study Permit Requirements for Canada
Forms:
Application For Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM 1294)
Family Information (IMM 5645)
Document Checklist (IMM 5483)
Schedule 1 ─ Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada(IMM 5257 ─ Schedule 1)
Custodianship Declaration – Custodian for Minors Studying in Canada (IMM 5646), if applicable

Documentation requirements to be provided by student:
Marriage and birth certificate for accompanying spouse and children.
Passport photographs. Two (2) current photos of each person. On the back of all photos, write the name and date of birth of the person appearing in the photo.
Valid Passport(s). Current passport (valid for six months after the date of intended travel to Canada) and ALL old passports showing previous travel. If the laminated page on the Bio data page is disturbed, a new passport is required.
A photocopy of the biodata page of the latest passport must also be attached.
Notarized copy (English and Urdu) of national identity card for each applicant, his Parents and Sponsor.
Original birth certificate for applicant.
A personal study plan describing your proposed program of study as it relates to your academic, technical or vocational background. Please ensure to include the following:
Why have you chosen this particular degree option (i.e. Bachelors of Finance)?
Why have you chosen this particular Canadian University for your study destination?
What are your plans after you graduate:
Mention discretely that you intend to come back to Pakistan (without being too obvious: i.e. “After graduation, I intend to join my father's business <Business type> as a Finance Director back in Pakistan”);
Preferably with a clear intent to join a position waiting for you in your relatives business or;
The intent to join a industry and to contribute to it in some way;
Your Intent should display a clear vision for your study plan convincing the Canadian high commission that you know why you are studying what you are and how it is going to help you achieve your goals (preferably in Pakistan).
ALL original educational documents such as previous educational degrees, certificates or diplomas.
Original IELTS and/or TOEFL scores, GRE, GMAT (if applicable).
Police certificate from each country or territory in which you have resided since attaining the age of 18 years.

Proof of Funds:

Original proof of funds to support yourself . These should include, but are not limited to proof of financial support for the period of study;
Evidence of employment/business (Contract Letter/Business NTN Certificate and firm registration document),
Income tax returns for the last one year,
Bank statement for the last one year (With bank logo on each page),
Term deposits,
Any unused property kept for selling to fund the applicant's education.
If someone other than yourself or your Parents is providing funds, provide a letter of explanation explaining the reason, documentary evidence of the relationship (i.e: Incase of an Uncle: Family tree or Family Form B of Maternal Grandfather (if available), notarized copy of Birth certificates (English and Urdu) of Uncle and Mother, notarized copy of Metric Certificate and notarized copy (English and Urdu) of NIC of Parent(s) and uncle determining the family link),
Affidavit by the sponsor stating that he will support the student for his entire expenses of education and stay in Canada:
Written on a Rs. 100 stamp paper if salaried
and if sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, proof of their immigration status in Canada (Same rule applies to all sponsors who reside in a Country other than Pakistan).

Payments and receipts:

$ 125 processing fee to be submitted at Standard Chartered Bank, and the Green receipt must be attached to the visa application.
Original letter of acceptance and a photocopy to be attached
Copy of receipt of tuition fee paid.
Three photocopy sets for all documents above.

Other requirements for specialized cases:

Certificate d'acceptation du Quebec (CAQ) or proof of having applied for CAQ, if studying in Quebec. Note that study permit cannot be issued until a valid CAQ received.
Minor children going to Canada to study must also provide proof of a custodian in Canada. Please also note that all applicants who are considered minor would also need to nominate a custodian in Canada who is a Resident in Canada, and the applicant would also need to fill theCustodian Declaration form [IMM 5646] and attach to the visa file.
Applicants would be considered a minor if they are under the age of 18 in before they enter Canada in
Alberta
Manitoba
Ontario
Québec
Prince-Edward Island
Québec
Saskatchewan
Applicants would be considered a minor if they are under the age of 19 in before they enter Canada in
British Columbia
New Brunswick
Newfoundland and Labrador
Nova Scotia
Northwest Territories
Nunavut
Yukon Territory
Complete Military Table, Police Table and Detailed C.V. If you have served or are currently serving in any of the armed forces (i.e. Air Force, Army, Navy, Police etc.).
Citizens of Afghanistan must complete the Afghan questionnaire and submit a copy of Tazkara for each applicant along with a English Notarized Translation.

One photocopy set of all the above documents

Note:
Failure to provide complete supporting documentation may result in refusal of your application.
Warning: Submission of any false or misleading information will result in refusal of your application.

Jan 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
UGStudentpk said:
for Up-front medical
you can get an appointment through two ways .
call at 051-111-466-472
or email at canmedpk @ iom.int ( you need to give them below information.)
and get an appointment .. but keep in mind, call them between 9-4:30
you need to give them this below information. .
For fast response and medical appointment with IOM You need to send email to IOM at email address below. Don't forget to remove the space before and after @ sign in the email address.

Email to: canmedpk @ iom.int

· Passport No.
· Complete Name
· Date of Birth
· Contact Number
· Visa Category
· Location/City for Screening

Email: "canmedpk @ iom.int" or you can call them at 051-111-466-472 for personalized assistance (appointment).

Thread URL: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/about-medical-test-t218480.0.html;msg3219687#msg3219687

Jan 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
UGStudentpk said:
one most important thing medical test fees . It costs you (PKR 6720) ;D . .

rochers

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Applied on-line on 15th June 2014 ( Yes, that day was Sunday!!)
Submitted my biometrics on 17th June.
Received a medical call on 20th June
Appeared for medical examination on 27th June
Medical result uploaded and marked as 'Passed' today.

sam89

Star Member
Apr 3, 2012
rochers said:
Applied on-line on 15th June 2014 ( Yes, that day was Sunday!!)
Submitted my biometrics on 17th June.
Received a medical call on 20th June
Appeared for medical examination on 27th June
Medical result uploaded and marked as 'Passed' today.
good to hear that, can you plz explain all the medical procedure , i believe you from Karachi , Pakistan