+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there anyone who paid GIC without Pan Card?

deepsd

Oct 14, 2018
thanks, mate! yes done with the medical but needs confirmation on my chest x-ray.

hope we both get our visas. think positive :)
Hello, i don't have PAN card for transferring gic amount....now if i transfer it through forex then will there be any problem??

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hello, i don't have PAN card for transferring gic amount....now if i transfer it through forex then will there be any problem??
not sur bro if the transfer will be done through forex... how about if you open a bank account under your name then do the transfer from there just to be on the safe side?

deepsd

Oct 14, 2018
not sur bro if the transfer will be done through forex... how about if you open a bank account under your name then do the transfer from there just to be on the safe side?
I already have a joint account with my mother... but i don't have a pan card and the bank is asking pan card for transfer!! So first i transfer it through my account but used my mother's pan card...so in the ordering customer the bank wrote my mother's name... that's why it got rejected!!!

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
I already have a joint account with my mother... but i don't have a pan card and the bank is asking pan card for transfer!! So first i transfer it through my account but used my mother's pan card...so in the ordering customer the bank wrote my mother's name... that's why it got rejected!!!
Yes bro, because transfer must come from under your own account. Sorry i cant help you about the forex as i do not have experience through this...

deepsd

Oct 14, 2018
Yes bro, because transfer must come from under your own account. Sorry i cant help you about the forex as i do not have experience through this...
No problem... anyways thanks for the replies!!
I guess now i will wait for the pan card it will take around 2 weeks and i guess i have enough time...Btw i am going for jan intake...So bro i have enough time right???

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
No problem... anyways thanks for the replies!!
I guess now i will wait for the pan card it will take around 2 weeks and i guess i have enough time...Btw i am going for jan intake...So bro i have enough time right???
Are you a minor ? If that's the case I do not think it should be a problem but ordering customer needs to be in your name since you are the student not your mother. I can also suggest you to ask other banks and see if you can do a transfer without the PAN card but I do think, it is mandatory to show your PAN card for all financial transactions especially foreign remittance and they want to know the source of funds.

hridesh

Jun 3, 2019
is the pan card not mandatory for only minors? or even adults can transfer the GIC amount without a pan card?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
is the pan card not mandatory for only minors? or even adults can transfer the GIC amount without a pan card?
There is no age limit for pan card, even a baby can get a pan card and some have. You will need a pan card to do international remittance. It would be easier to apply for a pan card and then make the GIC payment.

hridesh

Jun 3, 2019
There is no age limit for pan card, even a baby can get a pan card and some have. You will need a pan card to do international remittance. It would be easier to apply for a pan card and then make the GIC payment.
I have applied for the pan card but i guess it will take about 15-20 days to come and i have to submit the visa file around the end of this month. Can i use a joint account with my father to transfer the GIC amount using his pan card details?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
I have applied for the pan card but i guess it will take about 15-20 days to come and i have to submit the visa file around the end of this month. Can i use a joint account with my father to transfer the GIC amount using his pan card details?
GIC must be transferred in your name, and therefore your PAN number is required. You can contact the bank where you are getting the GIC and see if they have a solution.