+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there anyone who paid GIC without Pan Card?

nitinpahwa77

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
Hello, someone please help me to get out of this problem.

I have applied for pan card on 16th march. I didn't get my pan card yet. I called customer care, they are saying it will issue in the month of June. Now my problem is the bank is not allowing me to pay GIC without pan card. Is there any other way to pay GIC funds? Is it the safest way to pay GIC through money transfer through my name? My file ready except GIC. I can't apply for study permit just because of this problem.

Please help me!

Jimmyw

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Pay GIC via any good Forex services like Western Union, ESSEL Finance etc.
They won't ask for your PAN card & at the same time they are safe too.

Snorlax

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Yes man . I did. I already had a minor account in axis bank. I told them I need to send this gic amount to Nova Scotia bank n they asked me for my pan card which I didn't have. Then they told that it's not mandatory to have pan card . They sent my money using a form 60 ( maybe form 16 , I don't remember exactly) . Everything went on smoothly n my GIC account was opened within 3-4 days. Hope that helps.

nitinpahwa77

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
Pay GIC via any good Forex services like Western Union, ESSEL Finance etc.
They won't ask for your PAN card & at the same time they are safe too.
Hi, please read instructions from the link below. It is clearly written that funds paid through Forex or third party will be rejected.

http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/common/pdf/startright/SSGP-Program-Guide-India-Final-April2016.pdf

Are you sure we can pay GIC through forex services? Do you know anyone who paid by this method?
Please help.
Thanks!

nitinpahwa77

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
Yes man . I did. I already had a minor account in axis bank. I told them I need to send this gic amount to Nova Scotia bank n they asked me for my pan card which I didn't have. Then they told that it's not mandatory to have pan card . They sent my money using a form 60 ( maybe form 16 , I don't remember exactly) . Everything went on smoothly n my GIC account was opened within 3-4 days. Hope that helps.
Hi, thanks for guiding! I will try for sure!

Thankyou so much! :)

Jimmyw

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Hi, please read instructions from the link below. It is clearly written that funds paid through Forex or third party will be rejected.

http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/common/pdf/startright/SSGP-Program-Guide-India-Final-April2016.pdf

Are you sure we can pay GIC through forex services? Do you know anyone who paid by this method?
Please help.
Thanks!
yes i know... that's me. paid via ESSEL FINANCE. Got approval too that my GIC account is done & credited with 10000$.

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Hi,
Did you have to pay anything extra apart from CAD 10,200 ? I will also be paying through Axis Bank and they told me that they have never heard of GIC and I am their first customer. Also they asked me who is going to bear the extra charges, I said the amount should have already been included ($200 is the administrative cost) but now I am not sure since some students here stated that their payments got rejected because they did not cover the extra charges. If you could please clarify this for me.
Thanks.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hi,
Did you have to pay anything extra apart from CAD 10,200 ? I will also be paying through Axis Bank and they told me that they have never heard of GIC and I am their first customer. Also they asked me who is going to bear the extra charges, I said the amount should have already been included ($200 is the administrative cost) but now I am not sure since some students here stated that their payments got rejected because they did not cover the extra charges. If you could please clarify this for me.
Thanks.
hi. the GIC is CAD10,000. the CAD200 is Scotia bank’s admin/processing fee. to transfer this amount via wire, your bank will also charge you their transaction fee (aside from the CAD10,200 that you will transfer). tell your bank that you need to transfer the full amount of CAD10,200 and that all other transaction fee will be paid by you. its important to stress to your bank that the CAD10,200 must be transferred in full to Scotia bank, else it will be rejected.

hth

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
hi. the GIC is CAD10,000. the CAD200 is Scotia bank’s admin/processing fee. to transfer this amount via wire, your bank will also charge you their transaction fee (aside from the CAD10,200 that you will transfer). tell your bank that you need to transfer the full amount of CAD10,200 and that all other transaction fee will be paid by you. its important to stress to your bank that the CAD10,200 must be transferred in full to Scotia bank, else it will be rejected.

hth
Alright, thanks for your help. I will inform the bank accordingly. Are you already in Canada or will be heading there soon?

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Alright, thanks for your help. I will inform the bank accordingly. Are you already in Canada or will be heading there soon?
welcome. no, i have yet to apply for my visa. two weeks ago, i wire transfered to Scotia bank from my bank account in my home country. i told my bank to transfer the full amount of CAD10,200 to Scotia. all other fees i paid here. after 3 working days, i already received confirmation from Scotia bank that they have received my transfer.

good luck to you, mate!

Last edited:

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
welcome. no, i have yet to apply for my visa. two weeks ago, i wire transfered to Scotia bank from my bank account in my home country. i told my bank to transfer the full amount of CAD10,200 to Scotia. all other fees i paid here. after 3 working days, i already received confirmation from Scotia bank that they have received my transfer.

good luck to you, mate!
Thanks and that's great they received it withing 3 working days. I am yet to apply for the visa as well. Right now I am waiting for Scotia to update my name details since it was put incorrectly by my agent. First they said it will take one working day and yesterday they said it will take 5 working days.

Is your class starting in January ?

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Thanks and that's great they received it withing 3 working days. I am yet to apply for the visa as well. Right now I am waiting for Scotia to update my name details since it was put incorrectly by my agent. First they said it will take one working day and yesterday they said it will take 5 working days.

Is your class starting in January ?
yes, going to Durham College, mate. how about you?