+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there anyone who got accepted in NAIT after being waitlisted??

Sapphire!

Star Member
Aug 5, 2014
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
IELTS Request
7.5(L-8.5,R-8.5,W-6.5,S-7)
File Transfer...
02-12-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2014
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
Submitted with file
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2014
LANDED..........
02-01-2015
randeep12 said:
i got accepted in computer engineering technology and was not put on waitlist .. as i had applied for the two programs .
1. electrical engineering technology
2. computer engineering technology

though i am on waitlist till now for electrical engineering bt accepted in computer one's ..

and i had got offer letter for it as well ..
best of luck to you guys as well ..

do contact me on facebook randeep.singh63 @ gmail.com
Congratulations on getting the offer letter. Now I'm regretting not applying for two programs. I wish I had done it. :(
Btw...can u please share your profile and did Nait tell u anything about the waitlist?? How much time they will take or anything like that.

Sapphire!

Star Member
Aug 5, 2014
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
IELTS Request
7.5(L-8.5,R-8.5,W-6.5,S-7)
File Transfer...
02-12-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2014
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
Submitted with file
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2014
LANDED..........
02-01-2015
arandas said:
let's hope for the best, But from your point of view if i have to choose between (confederation & Algonquin) which one to choose?
Sorry, I don't know much about these colleges. But based on my google search I guess Confederation is good. Anyways in which course have u applied in both of these colleges?

arandas

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-3-2014
Nomination.....
20-11-2014
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Submitted with Initial Application
randeep12 said:
i got accepted in computer engineering technology and was not put on waitlist .. as i had applied for the two programs .
1. electrical engineering technology
2. computer engineering technology

though i am on waitlist till now for electrical engineering bt accepted in computer one's ..

and i had got offer letter for it as well ..
best of luck to you guys as well ..

do contact me on facebook randeep.singh63 @ gmail.com
Congratulations brother, I wish you the best.

arandas

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-3-2014
Nomination.....
20-11-2014
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Sapphire! said:
Sorry, I don't know much about these colleges. But based on my google search I guess Confederation is good. Anyways in which course have u applied in both of these colleges?
The same program in both of them(Electrical engineering technology).

By the way, i chatted with Nait yesterday and they said as long as there are someone placed on wait list for the program then when your assessment is complete you will also be placed in the wait list. Also they said "At some point the program will have decided what the average grade is that they consider to be competitive. They then offer admission to students who have that average grade, prioritized based on when they applied and provided transcripts.", we entered in a useless dispute about the definition of competitive admission and their policy. but at the end i realized that it seems that there's no chance for me in Nait, so i will focus on confederation and Algonquin.

Good Luck.

shinbe.24793

Oct 16, 2014
I have the same problem with you that I applied to Instrumentation technology on 03/05/2014 for Winter term 2015; however, they put me in waiting list. I went around school (Continuing education, International department, Office register, and even Instrumentation department) to ask information about waiting list (How many people in the waiting list like me? What should I do now?). I only got two simple answer: Just wait!, and I do not have this information for you. :(

They make me so confused!!!

randeep12

Aug 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well ., i applied on 5th of july for both electical engineering tech and computer engineering as well ..
here's my profile :-
10th :- 9.0 cgpa
12th ;- 77.1%
ielts :- overall :- 7 bands
reading : 7.5 . listng . 8 . speaking . 6 , writing 6.5

lucky to get admission in Nait
now just waiting for visa . hope everything will go fin under the blessings of God .

good luck to u guys.

sbjuliana

Oct 31, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
arandas said:
The same program in both of them(Electrical engineering technology).

By the way, i chatted with Nait yesterday and they said as long as there are someone placed on wait list for the program then when your assessment is complete you will also be placed in the wait list. Also they said "At some point the program will have decided what the average grade is that they consider to be competitive. They then offer admission to students who have that average grade, prioritized based on when they applied and provided transcripts.", we entered in a useless dispute about the definition of competitive admission and their policy. but at the end i realized that it seems that there's no chance for me in Nait, so i will focus on confederation and Algonquin.

Good Luck.
I don´t understand. So this means everyone that applied to a competitive entrance program will be placed on the waiting list till they decide about the average grade? My husband applied to Digital Media & IT for thespring intake (may 2015) and his status is still "pending program decision". I´m afrid he´l get stuck on this damn waiting list as well =(

imaqtpie

Oct 28, 2014
That's incorrect. I applied on October 1st for mechanical engineering technology and about 2 weeks later I got admission. They don't place you on a wait list unless there are no more seats in the program, also for the wait list process they take the highest average for it depending on the program you applied for. If they don't follow that rule they do it by who got wait listed first and they will either call you or email you. If you miss the call or don't respond within a time frame they will move to the other person.

arandas

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-3-2014
Nomination.....
20-11-2014
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
sbjuliana said:
I don´t understand. So this means everyone that applied to a competitive entrance program will be placed on the waiting list till they decide about the average grade? My husband applied to Digital Media & IT for thespring intake (may 2015) and his status is still "pending program decision". I´m afrid he´l get stuck on this damn waiting list as well =(
imaqtpie said:
That's incorrect. I applied on October 1st for mechanical engineering technology and about 2 weeks later I got admission. They don't place you on a wait list unless there are no more seats in the program, also for the wait list process they take the highest average for it depending on the program you applied for. If they don't follow that rule they do it by who got wait listed first and they will either call you or email you. If you miss the call or don't respond within a time frame they will move to the other person.
What i meant is that they don't do like most of the universities by making a pool from the applications which they have received within a limited period and then select the best from them. what they do in Nait is that they put from the beginning a grade they call it "competitive average grade" then any application they receive above this grade will be accepted until they reach the cap any application they receive after that will be wait listed.

Sorry for any confusion might be happened due to my previous post wasn't clear.

sbjuliana

Oct 31, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Thanks, arandas, now I understand. Well, let´s just keep waiting.

imaqtpie said:
2 weeks????? That´s the fastest NAIT admission I ever saw!

Piyanshu

Jul 16, 2019
Congratulations on getting the offer letter. Now I'm regretting not applying for two programs. I wish I had done it. :(
Btw...can u please share your profile and did Nait tell u anything about the waitlist?? How much time they will take or anything like that.
Plz tell me as i have also applied in nait for electronics engineering technology 2 yrs diploma in first week of july . Plz tell did they accepted you or not. Plz i am so scared after reading your messages.
My profile is:
10th standard-9.4 cgpa
12th std. Non med. -77.6%
Ielts - 7 bands
L-7 , R-7.5. , W-7 , S- 6.5

I have applied for jan intake 2019 ... Plz tell wheather i will get accepted or not... And plz tell this as well wheather you were acc