mahaarsh

Apr 7, 2010
Dubai
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was lookin for any link or website of oil companies (especially in Lubricants field)

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
This may be late. I can mention some big oil companies all around Canada:

1. Imperial Oil
2. Syncrude Canada
3. Petro-Canada
4. Shell Canada
5. Suncor Canada
6. Sunoco Canada
7. Talisman Energy
8. Husky Energy
9. Nexen

Most of the oil compnaies are located in Alberta province (Main cities are Calgary & Edmonton). Alberta is rich in crude oil and natural gas. Sarnia is another small city in Ontario which is known as the "oil valley" of Ontario where I live now. The oil refinery industries for eastern region of Canada are located here.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: nlonguk

martins8406

Jun 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadian Natural Resources Limited
www . cnr l . com

EnCana
www . encana . com

Husky Energy
www . huskyenergy . com

Talisman Energy
www . talisman-energy . com/

Imperial Oil
www . imperialoil . ca / Canada-English

Nexen
Petro-Canada
Shell Canada
Suncor Energy
Syncrude Canada

gent2

Star Member
Jun 13, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Without a prior Canadian experience but ample international experience, how easy is it to get a job in the oil and gas industry in Canada, especially rig work? If one goes for a short training (one to two months) in Canada, will that suffice as a make up for Canadian experience/Canadian training?

Thanks.

Khorshed

Dec 3, 2011
Rossei said:
This may be late. I can mention some big oil companies all around Canada:

1. Imperial Oil
2. Syncrude Canada
3. Petro-Canada
4. Shell Canada
5. Suncor Canada
6. Sunoco Canada
7. Talisman Energy
8. Husky Energy
9. Nexen

Most of the oil compnaies are located in Alberta province (Main cities are Calgary & Edmonton). Alberta is rich in crude oil and natural gas. Sarnia is another small city in Ontario which is known as the "oil valley" of Ontario where I live now. The oil refinery industries for eastern region of Canada are located here.

Hope this helps.

Hello Rossei,
I am presently in an arab country and I work in an oil refinery. I have been working here for more than 16 years and i have also worked in a petrochemical company in my home land, Bangladesh for 10 years.
So, my question is "How am i to apply for a job offer from one of these Canadian oil companies and What are the chances of getting an offer?"
(I am under the category of "Skilled Worker" and i need a job offer.)
Could you suggest me some ideas or something?

Thank you,

Khorshed.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Khorshed said:
Hello Rossei,
I am presently in an arab country and I work in an oil refinery. I have been working here for more than 16 years and i have also worked in a petrochemical company in my home land, Bangladesh for 10 years.
So, my question is "How am i to apply for a job offer from one of these Canadian oil companies and What are the chances of getting an offer?"
(I am under the category of "Skilled Worker" and i need a job offer.)
Could you suggest me some ideas or something?

Thank you,

Khorshed.
Hello Khorshed,

I assume you've already applied for PR in Canada under Skilled Worker category. But I didn't understand if a job offer is a requirement for your immigration. Since you have vast experience in oil/petro-chemical industries; you'll find a job eventually. My advise would be to look for jobs in Alberta.

Here are some thoughts:
  • Visit each of the company's website (I've listed before); you'll find career page. They list their jobs online.
  • You can also try searching for jobs from monster.ca, workopolis.ca, jobbank.gc.ca etc.
  • Make yourself familiar with Canadian format of resume/CV and cover letter; you can just apply online. Make a note that you are in the process of immigration and expected date to come to Canada
  • Try to find some contact who are currently working in oil companies in Alberta and try to use their reference. The jobs you see on their career page are first posted internally and when they can't find anyone, they make it online available to everyone. But internal reference is a huge plus point.

I'm not from Alberta. I'm an electrical engineer working for power transmission in Ontario. So, I can't be of much help.

m_m_h

Star Member
Oct 26, 2011
Calgary - Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Nomination.....
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
29-08-2015
IELTS Request
7.5 band
Med's Done....
20-08-2015
Hi guys . . . how is oil and gas sector in newfoundland proviance.
and which Oil & Gas companies are operating in that area. mainly offshore.

Khorshed

Dec 3, 2011
Rossei said:
Hello Khorshed,

I assume you've already applied for PR in Canada under Skilled Worker category. But I didn't understand if a job offer is a requirement for your immigration. Since you have vast experience in oil/petro-chemical industries; you'll find a job eventually. My advise would be to look for jobs in Alberta.

Here are some thoughts:
  • Visit each of the company's website (I've listed before); you'll find career page. They list their jobs online.
  • You can also try searching for jobs from monster.ca, workopolis.ca, jobbank.gc.ca etc.
  • Make yourself familiar with Canadian format of resume/CV and cover letter; you can just apply online. Make a note that you are in the process of immigration and expected date to come to Canada
  • Try to find some contact who are currently working in oil companies in Alberta and try to use their reference. The jobs you see on their career page are first posted internally and when they can't find anyone, they make it online available to everyone. But internal reference is a huge plus point.

I'm not from Alberta. I'm an electrical engineer working for power transmission in Ontario. So, I can't be of much help.
Thank you Rossei for your reply! It was really helpful. Sorry for disturbing but i have this one doubt, that is , I need more points for being eligible so i need an Arranged Employment from Canada. will i get job offer then?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
m_m_h said:
Hi guys . . . how is oil and gas sector in newfoundland proviance.
and which Oil & Gas companies are operating in that area. mainly offshore.
Newfoundland has been well known for fisheries and mining (mainly iron ore). It has also become rich in offshore oil industries. I googled and found these info for you:

• The Hibernia offshore oil field is owned jointly by ExxonMobil Canada (33.125%), Chevron Canada Resources (26.875%), Petro-Canada (20%), Canada Hibernia Holding Corporation (8.5%), Murphy Oil (6.5%) and StatoilHydro Canada Ltd (5%).
  • Petro-Canada is the operator and 34% interest holder in the Terra Nova oil field development 350 kilometres off the coast of Newfoundland and Labrador.
  • Husky is the operator of and has a 72.5 percent working interest in the White Rose development on the eastern margin of the Jeanne d'Arc Basin,350 kilometres east of St. John's.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Khorshed said:
Thank you Rossei for your reply! It was really helpful. Sorry for disturbing but i have this one doubt, that is , I need more points for being eligible so i need an Arranged Employment from Canada. will i get job offer then?
For an arranged employment, you are disclosing to the company that you require immigration and asking that company to get Arranged Employment Opinion (AEO) and Labour Market Opinion (LMO) from HRSDC. To put them into that much hassel, you have to prove yourself an asset for them. So, it's going to be hard.

Khorshed

Dec 3, 2011
Rossei said:
For an arranged employment, you are disclosing to the company that you require immigration and asking that company to get Arranged Employment Opinion (AEO) and Labour Market Opinion (LMO) from HRSDC. To put them into that much hassel, you have to prove yourself an asset for them. So, it's going to be hard.
Thanks!

m_m_h

Star Member
Oct 26, 2011
Calgary - Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Nomination.....
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
29-08-2015
IELTS Request
7.5 band
Med's Done....
20-08-2015
Rossei said:
Newfoundland has been well known for fisheries and mining (mainly iron ore). It has also become rich in offshore oil industries. I googled and found these info for you:

• The Hibernia offshore oil field is owned jointly by ExxonMobil Canada (33.125%), Chevron Canada Resources (26.875%), Petro-Canada (20%), Canada Hibernia Holding Corporation (8.5%), Murphy Oil (6.5%) and StatoilHydro Canada Ltd (5%).
  • Petro-Canada is the operator and 34% interest holder in the Terra Nova oil field development 350 kilometres off the coast of Newfoundland and Labrador.
  • Husky is the operator of and has a 72.5 percent working interest in the White Rose development on the eastern margin of the Jeanne d'Arc Basin,350 kilometres east of St. John's.

thx Rossei for such information. . . as i have secured addmission in MEng Oil & Gas program at MUN with further specialization in off-shore technologies. . . I guess it would be a good choice to go for this program and later on settle there as well. :)

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
m_m_h said:
thx Rossei for such information. . . as i have secured addmission in MEng Oil & Gas program at MUN with further specialization in off-shore technologies. . . I guess it would be a good choice to go for this program and later on settle there as well. :)
You never know where you will settle down in future, especially in Canada as it's a huge country. Anyway, I'm no expert in Oil & Gas; but can tell you this that M.Eng isn't acknowledged as well as M.A.Sc/M.Sc rather it's just an extension of Bachelors. Since it's technical field; you will have to prove how much real-time experience you gathered. Well, I don't know about you; but if you are fresh grad then you should be looking for co-op opportunities in those companies during your M.Eng program.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
An informative resource from Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petroleum_production_in_Canada

m_m_h

Star Member
Oct 26, 2011
Calgary - Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Nomination.....
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
29-08-2015
IELTS Request
7.5 band
Med's Done....
20-08-2015
Rossei said:
You never know where you will settle down in future, especially in Canada as it's a huge country. Anyway, I'm no expert in Oil & Gas; but can tell you this that M.Eng isn't acknowledged as well as M.A.Sc/M.Sc rather it's just an extension of Bachelors. Since it's technical field; you will have to prove how much real-time experience you gathered. Well, I don't know about you; but if you are fresh grad then you should be looking for co-op opportunities in those companies during your M.Eng program.
well i have 3.5 years of working experiance in oil & gas production setup. and as far as I know generally MSc is a masters program based on theory while MEng is based on research. atleast thats true for some parts of the world . . . but certainly will try to look for opportunities as early as possible . . .