May 2013
Med's Done....
June 2013
Interview........
Sept 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
MUFC said:
I would NEVER renounce my EU citizenship for Canadian citizenship.
I aint talking about ur EU citizenship since it brings nothing different than a canadian passport :) if it were bringing you more benefits,or better life,you would not be here :)

but a passport from a south asian country might be worthless to its citizen :) got it ?

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Bkara,
I dont how your post makes sense, since somebody can only give up other citizenship AFTER getting citizenship here.

Looking at the hurdles introduced by this govt, becoming a Canadian will be an arduous task in itself.

bkara said:
my suggestion to newcomers,new citizens after reading dpenabill`s posts.

we,immigrants,should be more careful in the future since they are watching us to make a mistake and step on us like a bug.

However,there are two things newcomers and immigrants have more than CIC officials and politicians have in this country.They are life experience and skills to survive :)

get rid of the 2nd citizenship you have,READ A LOT about your home country`s laws because a lot of countries offer "greencards" to their former citizens to enable them travel easier.So you will never ever lose your Canadian citizenship even if CIC intends to revoke it.

bkara

Star Member
Jul 1, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Med's Done....
June 2013
Interview........
Sept 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
CanadianCountry said:
Bkara,
I dont how your post makes sense, since somebody can only give up other citizenship AFTER getting citizenship here.

Looking at the hurdles introduced by this govt, becoming a Canadian will be an arduous task in itself.
:) oh yeah ?

I know what "stateless" means my friend.do not worry.You cannot be stateless and live in a country forever.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Almost no one will give up their home country citizenship if they dont have to by law.

bkara said:
I aint talking about ur EU citizenship since it brings nothing different than a canadian passport :) if it were bringing you more benefits,or better life,you would not be here :)

but a passport from a south asian country might be worthless to its citizen :) got it ?

bkara

Star Member
Jul 1, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Med's Done....
June 2013
Interview........
Sept 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
CanadianCountry said:
Almost no one will give up their home country citizenship if they dont have to by law.
then they should not cry if they get kicked out after 20 years or 10 years because CIC might intend to do so.

What I have been trying to say is Play smart.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Keeping only Canadian citizenship might make a bad favour, because technically if a Canadian citizen wants to live and work in any other country he/she would need a visa. So at the end it will make the people less flexible, because the Canadian passport gives only visa free short term visits abroad only like a tourist.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Bkara,
Firstly, Read about Egpytian Canadian journalist Fahmy's story.

Secondly, no one should give up birth country citizenship if law allows it. Because if something goes wrong the Canadian citizenship will not be lost in the blink of an eye. The person will be notified of the intent of the govt to revoke the Canadian citizenship. The person will get sufficie time at that time to renounce the other citizenship and in meanwhile stall the CIC revoking process.

Your logic implies, people who only have future risk of cancer BUT NO cancer at present, should go ahead and take chemo NOW based on that future risk.

bkara said:
then they should not cry if they get kicked out after 20 years or 10 years because CIC might intend to do so.

What I have been trying to say is Play smart.

bkara

Star Member
Jul 1, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Med's Done....
June 2013
Interview........
Sept 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
MUFC said:
Keeping only Canadian citizenship might make a bad favour, because technically if a Canadian citizen wants to live and work in any other country he/she would need a visa. So at the end it will make the people less flexible, because the Canadian passport gives only visa free short term visits abroad only like a tourist.
you are right.But some countries like my home country,offer "greencards" to its former citizens.I can work and live forever in my home country even if I revoke my citizenship.This kind of offer might enable people to do so in order to secure their Canadian citizenships forever.

bkara

Star Member
Jul 1, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Med's Done....
June 2013
Interview........
Sept 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
CanadianCountry said:
Bkara,
Firstly, Read about Egpytian Canadian journalist Fahmy's story.

Secondly, no one should give up birth country citizenship if law allows it. Because if something goes wrong the Canadian citizenship will not be lost in the blink of an eye. The person will be notified of the intent of the govt to revoke the Canadian citizenship. The person will get sufficie time at that time to renounce the other citizenship and in meanwhile stall the CIC revoking process.

Your logic implies, people who only have future risk of cancer BUT NO cancer at present, should go ahead and take chemo based on that future risk.
:) after having a house here,a good job and two kids,imagine how it would be to lose citizenship here eh? :) imagine this too.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
You are mistaking that the citizenship will be revoked on a whim and suddenly one day in mail you will get a notice that you are no longer a citizen. Not gonna happen even if you go ahead bomb someplace.

What you are saying has NO meaning, if the CIC denies your Canadian citizenship application based on all the new provisions. To renounce your birth country citizenship ATLEAST as a first step gain the Canadian one.

bkara said:
:) after having a house here,a good job and two kids,imagine how it would be to lose citizenship here eh? :) imagine this too.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Be careful guys with the renouncing of your native citizenship, because you never know how Canada will look like after 10-20 years from now.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Renouncing native citizenship when not really needed is INSANITY.

MUFC said:
Be careful guys with the renouncing of your native citizenship, because you never know how Canada will look like after 10-20 years from now.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exactly,

When I came in Canada I start to realize the power and the benefits of my native citizenship, thank God that I didn't renounce my citizenship.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But Canada should be aware of the fact , that this law will start keeping away the smart immigrants from choosing Canada to settle in here.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Do you think Canada cares if smart immigrants choose to come here or not. I personally highly doubt it.

MUFC said:
But Canada should be aware of the fact , that this law will start keeping away the smart immigrants from choosing Canada to settle in here.