+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is my study permit still valid after college withdrawal? re-entry question.

summerky

Feb 2, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 March 2010
Doc's Request.
23 Jan 2010
AOR Received.
28 April 2010
Med's Request
20 Oct 2010
Med's Done....
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waiting :(
Hi everyone, hope someone here can help me :)

I was studying in a Toronto college (George Brown college) for one semester (fall 2010) after which I withdrew from the college in mid January 2011 due to personal reasons (actually the poor quality of education was the issue, I got all a+ grades from the 1st semester). It was a 1 year program (from Sept to April), so i just basically missed the second part. In the college's policy it is said that if someone withdraws from the college, they may report CIC about that. My study permit is valid till April 30, 2011. In the meantime, I'm waiting for my PR application to be approved by Buffalo (did medicals and paid RPRF though the Buffalo office is very slow this year and I don't know when I'm gonna get it).

Now here comes the tricky part. I need to leave Canada for my home country for 3 weeks (mid Feb-mid March). do you think I will be allowed to come back to Canada in mid March? It seems pretty tricky for the border officer to let me in to the country if I tell him that I withdraw from my college, don't you think?

However if my study permit and visa ARE and WILL BE still valid at that time, he actually should let me in, since I really have a lots of unfinished business here ( such as selling furniture, cancelling my lease agreement, getting back the refund from college etc)

To sum it up, just questions:

1. do you think college bothered and did report my withdrawal to CIC and did they subsequentially cancel my study permit?

2. how can i check the status of my study permit (if i call CIC and explain the situation, wont they cancel it anyway? if they haven't done it already - however if I dont do that it seems like a fraud which I don't want to engage into)

3. if the permit and visa were not cancelled, would the border officer let me in to the country to manage my unfinished stuff? - I'm planning to provide him a one-way airplane ticket departing before end of April 2011. will that suffice?

thanx to everyone who will take a look into this amusing situation!

daffodails3

Dec 23, 2010
cic does not know, u r in college or not, once you re apply will know, so before your s p expires without continue study, get addmission some where,to proff u r here to study, otherwise they will not grant u next year to stay, very hard, u bye bye g b c, is ok, it is your choice, but keep situation +, so next term u can satisfied CIC.
,,,will loose money in fee for consultants, lawers,later,
make 1 year diploma, go sask. province, live 6 month work, get job offer 1 year, go for snip. why u drop g b c, once you r PR, go bettere college uni. get canada student loan, study what ever u want,why waste own money,

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
daffodails3 said:
cic does not know, u r in college or not, once you re apply will know, so before your s p expires without continue study, get addmission some where,to proff u r here to study, otherwise they will not grant u next year to stay, very hard, u bye bye g b c, is ok, it is your choice, but keep situation +, so next term u can satisfied CIC.
,,,will loose money in fee for consultants, lawers,later,
make 1 year diploma, go sask. province, live 6 month work, get job offer 1 year, go for snip. why u drop g b c, once you r PR, go bettere college uni. get canada student loan, study what ever u want,why waste own money,
I'm sorry but did anyone understand that?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

macthepak

Feb 13, 2011
Re: student visa rejected,will apply again,,,good idea?

Firstly I think daffo is on drugs!

summerky said:

I was studying in a Toronto college (George Brown college) for one semester (fall 2010) after which I withdrew from the college in mid January 2011 due to personal reasons (actually the poor quality of education was the issue, I got all a+ grades from the 1st semester).

So because you got straight A+s that mean the quality of education is poor?! Could also mean your too smart for Canada! In which case once you leave they will not allow you re-entry and say goodbye to your PR application.

summerky

Feb 2, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 March 2010
Doc's Request.
23 Jan 2010
AOR Received.
28 April 2010
Med's Request
20 Oct 2010
Med's Done....
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
macthepak said:
So because you got straight A+s that mean the quality of education is poor?! Could also mean your too smart for Canada! In which case once you leave they will not allow you re-entry and say goodbye to your PR application.
well i see there's another smartass here apparently ;)

it's not in any way related to the questions asked, but i'll reply just in case: yes, the quality of education is damn poor, maybe it's only in my design program. if the professor asks to you to cut circles and squares from paper and glue them together, like they do in kindergarten, then I don't know what to think of an education like that. in another class we were kindly explained how to draw 3 parallel lines all class long. it's not even funny what a waste of time and money it was.

back to your extremely clever and helpful answer - study permit and PR applications are not related. they are even done in different countries!

summerky

Feb 2, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 March 2010
Doc's Request.
23 Jan 2010
AOR Received.
28 April 2010
Med's Request
20 Oct 2010
Med's Done....
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
answering my own question just to let anybody know who is interested - it is possible to re-entry Canada if you dropped you educational education. just that you must be confident and have a valid reason to re-entry which will satisfy immigration officer.

cheers!

Reactions: trinitypausch

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
rjessome said:
I'm sorry but did anyone understand that?
I have never read such poorly written English and reply in my entire life! I guess NO ONE with proper English will know what he is trying to express!

nazia2k

Mar 9, 2011
I understood what he was trying to say but it took me some deliberate concentration.

CIC does not know if you are enrolled in college or not. You will come to know about this only if you reapply again. Before your study permit gets expired, get admission somewhere (probably another school) to prove that you are here to study otherwise they will not grant you to stay over here next year. It is very hard. You are saying good-bye to George Brown College. It is ok, it is your choice but keep the situation positive so next time/term you can satisfy CIC. Otherwise later on you will lose money(as part of fees) for hiringthe service of consultants and lawyers. Atleast get a diploma of one year(in other words he is telling him to complete his full course). Go saskatchewan province, live there for 6 months, get a job offer that lasts for one year. Then go for SNIP(kind of acroynym used, another school,province,immigration type???). Why did u want to drop off from your college? once you become PR, get enrolled into a better college, get student loan , study whatever you want but don't waste your own/hard earned money.

Im not a native speaker myself but this is what I understood from his post.

panasonic

May 8, 2012
summerky said:

I was studying in a Toronto college (George Brown college) for one semester (fall 2010) after which I withdrew from the college in mid January 2011 due to personal reasons (actually the poor quality of education was the issue, I got all a+ grades from the 1st semester). It was a 1 year program (from Sept to April), so i just basically missed the second part. In the college's policy it is said that if someone withdraws from the college, they may report CIC about that. My study permit is valid till April 30, 2011. In the meantime, I'm waiting for my PR application to be approved by Buffalo (did medicals and paid RPRF though the Buffalo office is very slow this year and I don't know when I'm gonna get it).

Now here comes the tricky part. I need to leave Canada for my home country for 3 weeks (mid Feb-mid March). do you think I will be allowed to come back to Canada in mid March? It seems pretty tricky for the border officer to let me in to the country if I tell him that I withdraw from my college, don't you think?

However if my study permit and visa ARE and WILL BE still valid at that time, he actually should let me in, since I really have a lots of unfinished business here ( such as selling furniture, cancelling my lease agreement, getting back the refund from college etc)

To sum it up, just questions:

1. do you think college bothered and did report my withdrawal to CIC and did they subsequentially cancel my study permit?

2. how can i check the status of my study permit (if i call CIC and explain the situation, wont they cancel it anyway? if they haven't done it already - however if I dont do that it seems like a fraud which I don't want to engage into)

3. if the permit and visa were not cancelled, would the border officer let me in to the country to manage my unfinished stuff? - I'm planning to provide him a one-way airplane ticket departing before end of April 2011. will that suffice?

Dear Summerski, My question is similar as was your please read my complete case. You said that yes it is possible to re enter in Canada after withdrawing studies...can you inform from where did you confirm that. I am so stressed please help me.

I was admitted in fall semester 2012 but there had been some tragedy happened with my admission. After getting the study permit and arriving in Canada when I reported to my university, they told me that I have received my Final Acceptance letter in error and that my educational documents are not eligible to continue my studies in the desired programme which was of two years only. They asked me to take admission in 4 years programme which at that point I accepted happily, but after two months I realised that I am not able to arrange funds for 4 years international fees and then I asked university management to return my complete fall semester 2012 fee. Because in these two months I had passed all dead lines for asking the fee refund, it took me more 1 month to convince University people to refund my complete semester fee which at last they did.... because since the beginning of my case it was only their fault to issue me the wrong Final Acceptance letter. But one of the international admissions officer of my university told me that now they will inform immigration department that we have returned this student's fee and she is leaving country in same month.
I left Canada in November 26th and came back to my home country successfully.
Q:1:My question is now if I have the acceptance letter in hand of the different university or college of different province .... and I want to travel back to Canada to continue my studies in any Post secondary programm in summer intake....will there be any complications for me to re-enter in Canada.. though my both entry visa sticker and study permit are valid till August 2013....I am confused that once the immigration department receive the information from my university that they have refunded my fee...what will be the status of my visa in their system right now.... I am scared to travel to Canada that what will happen at the airport ? though I have all documents to proof that I did not over stayed in Canada when I was Idol...I was missing my family that's why I visited them and the admission mistake was not my mistake...
Q:2:I have heard that immigration people sitting at the port of entry or airports....use to update their data on international student's visa's status on the behalf of the information provided by the student's universities...is that true..?
Please suggest..

canz1990

Star Member
Jul 22, 2012
Saudi Arabia
IELTS Request
Interview........
Not Required
panasonic said:
Dear Summerski, My question is similar as was your please read my complete case. You said that yes it is possible to re enter in Canada after withdrawing studies...can you inform from where did you confirm that. I am so stressed please help me.

I was admitted in fall semester 2012 but there had been some tragedy happened with my admission. After getting the study permit and arriving in Canada when I reported to my university, they told me that I have received my Final Acceptance letter in error and that my educational documents are not eligible to continue my studies in the desired programme which was of two years only. They asked me to take admission in 4 years programme which at that point I accepted happily, but after two months I realised that I am not able to arrange funds for 4 years international fees and then I asked university management to return my complete fall semester 2012 fee. Because in these two months I had passed all dead lines for asking the fee refund, it took me more 1 month to convince University people to refund my complete semester fee which at last they did.... because since the beginning of my case it was only their fault to issue me the wrong Final Acceptance letter. But one of the international admissions officer of my university told me that now they will inform immigration department that we have returned this student's fee and she is leaving country in same month.
I left Canada in November 26th and came back to my home country successfully.
Q:1:My question is now if I have the acceptance letter in hand of the different university or college of different province .... and I want to travel back to Canada to continue my studies in any Post secondary programm in summer intake....will there be any complications for me to re-enter in Canada.. though my both entry visa sticker and study permit are valid till August 2013....I am confused that once the immigration department receive the information from my university that they have refunded my fee...what will be the status of my visa in their system right now.... I am scared to travel to Canada that what will happen at the airport ? though I have all documents to proof that I did not over stayed in Canada when I was Idol...I was missing my family that's why I visited them and the admission mistake was not my mistake...
Q:2:I have heard that immigration people sitting at the port of entry or airports....use to update their data on international student's visa's status on the behalf of the information provided by the student's universities...is that true..?

Even mine is the same situation now!! Pls help anyone!!!
Please suggest..

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
canz1990 said:
Even mine is the same situation now!! Pls help anyone!!!
Please suggest..
Why did you leave back then specifically?

Mohaksoni21

Jul 6, 2017
Hello, i received my Student Visa For GBM at Humber College in 2016 for two years, i went to canada but unfortunately due to my mothers poor health i had to withdraw from the course and return back to India after a period of 3 months, now i would like to finish my education and want to attend humber college again for the same course in 2018 jan intake, my st. Visa expires in August 2018.

Q 1. Should i apply for fresh visa or will this one be extended. ?

Q 2. I have all the verified documents regarding why i had to withdraw and will the immigration guys at the airport allow me to re-enter.?

awaiting response.
Thank you.

zionplace

Mar 30, 2015
Hello, i received my Student Visa For GBM at Humber College in 2016 for two years, i went to canada but unfortunately due to my mothers poor health i had to withdraw from the course and return back to India after a period of 3 months, now i would like to finish my education and want to attend humber college again for the same course in 2018 jan intake, my st. Visa expires in August 2018.

Q 1. Should i apply for fresh visa or will this one be extended. ?

Q 2. I have all the verified documents regarding why i had to withdraw and will the immigration guys at the airport allow me to re-enter.?

awaiting response.
Thank you.
If your college has no reported to CIC that you absconded from your studies, you may be safe to re-enter but if unsafe if otherwise. In this case, I would advise you call CIC to tender your case for proper advice.

Avtar_singh

Dec 6, 2017
hi everyone
I went to canada for sept intake 2017 in conestoga college. After reaching there my mother got hospitalised and due to that reason I had to come back to india. She got hospitalised for more than a month. I didn't attend the college at canada and got withdrawal from the college. Now I have a visa for one year and I just want to get back to canada in upcoming session.

Are there any possibilities for me to go to canada again??