+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it worthwhile to move canada if you are earning good salary in India?

sp2009

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
Hi all,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts.

Finally, I have decided to move canada and we will go there in march.

I have decided to leave my current job because they will give me maximum three months leave and in three months I can not judge wheather to set in canada or not. It will takes time to find a job and settle down there. Atleast I need 6 months for there. So, I will leave my job in february and will move to canada in march.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Can't you keep your job for three months and then decide whether you want to go back to your country or not and then if you decide to stay further 3 months, then quit. Economy is bad so you might want to land now and move later. Its a suggestion. Not sure what is the best action.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
CanadaVisa4me said:
sp2009

I don't know where you are from but I think you should definitely go if the circumstances are right. You applied because you were not happy with your current country. I personally come from a country full of corruption, its polluted everywhere, people are defecating on the roads, the roads are full of potholes and I can go on and on. Canada gives me a better option to bring up my children. Everyone I know who moved from my country are happy in Canada but they did move when the economy was good and they got a job. It might be a different story. It might be better to live as a high income person in my country than a low income person in Canada but given everything equal, Canada is much better to live than my country for me.

Good luck with your decision

Where are you from? I agree with what you said "given everything equal", Canada might be better. Good luck with your move.

commonwealth

Nov 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Three months---Wooo. You should visit Canada / land and check things out for few weeks before leaving your existing job. Grass is not always green on the other side. Your best bet is to find work in Canada in few week and then resign. 2 cents.

kitui

Mar 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
this must be the best response to your question.

commonwealth is giving you good advice each time he posts. visit and compare then decide whether you want to make the jump

moving overseas has its pros but there are cons.....mostly social & cultural, cost of living, weather.

if you are planning to raise a family and have young kids just remember you may not have the strong family support we have back home from grandparents and extended family!

commonwealth said:
I know couple of previous co-workers and friends who went back to their naive countries after many years in US... They were offered good, high paying jobs in $$$ in India and other places.

Living in West, you have to deal with social and cultural issues, weather in case of Canada. Cost of living is high, typical family with a small house will need close to $4,000 each month to have a decent living?

Most professionals take few steps back to land a decent job and it will take few years before they can find a career opportunity.

Most world growth will come from Asia so keep that in mind as well.

Most important element in this scenario is finding a job but in your profession, if you can do that in few weeks/month then you are on the track. It a risk you might have to take but use ground realities/fact to make a prudent call.
My 2 cents.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The weather problem can be solved by moving to certain parts of BC, but then that makes the cost of living problem worse. :)

commonwealth

Nov 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kitui- I can see depth in your comment. In search of a bright future, we something forget our roots. After spending many years in West, you gain a lot but at a price tag... May be one day, we have looked back and figure out it's worth the struggle. Keep going and make a real difference.

calgirl

Nov 17, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-5-09
Doc's Request.
6-7-09
Med's Request
28-10-09
Med's Done....
3-11-09
Passport Req..
28-10-09
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-09
LANDED..........
7-5-2010
commonwealth said:
Kitui- I can see depth in your comment. In search of a bright future, we something forget our roots. After spending many years in West, you gain a lot but at a price tag... May be one day, we have looked back and figure out it's worth the struggle. Keep going and make a real difference.
One thing I would like to know. Where are you now? Are you in Canada? Did you settle there from some other country or you're born and brought up there.

PUNJAB BOY

Star Member
Dec 10, 2008
Hi everyone,

Just checking my account after three months of arrival in canada and found that thread.

I was working in India In govt sector and was earning Rs. 30000/month.

But now in canada and very happy to be there . Its great country giving u all the oppurtinities to succed.

The system may require u to upgrade ur self in terms of canadian qualification and experince ,l but in long run it pays rich dividend and they give due weightage to ur qualification of India too.As in my case i have taken a admission in CGA and because of my indian qualification they have given me a admission in level 4 and waived 10 exams of me.

and one should consider himself lucky to be part of such country.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think most of us during the application process have this question in mind. I think there are so many aspects for me other than salary that have made me think that I want to move to Canada. This are totally personal reasons. I am not writing this to offend to any body or to criticize a system but to share how I think about it.

1.) Cleaner environment and better food quality. Believe me, the part of world I am in, there is some or other news about adulterated food, Milk getting manufactured from UREA, contaminated water. I see not effort from all including me to address environment issues. I believe the legacy that I will leave for my children may not be something that they will feel good about
2.) Better Medical Care. I was in US for some time and kind of response I got from government agencies in emergency situations, I can never dream of that here
3.) Better opportunities (I believe) for my children. We have such a huge population that there are 1000s of takers for single opportunity.
4.) Corrupt System where you feel harassed even after paying huge part of your salary in tax
5.) Can I use government hospital, school, parks, library in my neighbor hood, probably no.

So all these compel me to think that I should plan to migrate to a place where I can get all this

I draw a good salary in India and end up paying huge taxes. I may not earn the same amount in Canada for first few years but in spite of that I am willing to take the risk. I know I will not get a job initially forget a job which can match my job in India but I still want to try for things that I have mentioned above. It is a big risk but do you know some one who has gained few things in life without taking risks. I see it as a calculated risk even if you have good salary in India

calgirl

Nov 17, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-5-09
Doc's Request.
6-7-09
Med's Request
28-10-09
Med's Done....
3-11-09
Passport Req..
28-10-09
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-09
LANDED..........
7-5-2010
ankit_20 said:
I think most of us during the application process have this question in mind. I think there are so many aspects for me other than salary that have made me think that I want to move to Canada. This are totally personal reasons. I am not writing this to offend to any body or to criticize a system but to share how I think about it.

1.) Cleaner environment and better food quality. Believe me, the part of world I am in, there is some or other news about adulterated food, Milk getting manufactured from UREA, contaminated water. I see not effort from all including me to address environment issues. I believe the legacy that I will leave for my children may not be something that they will feel good about
2.) Better Medical Care. I was in US for some time and kind of response I got from government agencies in emergency situations, I can never dream of that here
3.) Better opportunities (I believe) for my children. We have such a huge population that there are 1000s of takers for single opportunity.
4.) Corrupt System where you feel harassed even after paying huge part of your salary in tax
5.) Can I use government hospital, school, parks, library in my neighbor hood, probably no.

So all these compel me to think that I should plan to migrate to a place where I can get all this

I draw a good salary in India and end up paying huge taxes. I may not earn the same amount in Canada for first few years but in spite of that I am willing to take the risk. I know I will not get a job initially forget a job which can match my job in India but I still want to try for things that I have mentioned above. It is a big risk but do you know some one who has gained few things in life without taking risks. I see it as a calculated risk even if you have good salary in India
Ankit you are absolutely right. That's what my husband and I thought of when applied for immigration visa to Canada. You won't believe, my six year old son didn't get criminal clearance while renewing his passport just because we were not at home to ask the visiting police officer some bribe. He spoke to our maid servant and went back. We had to run from pilers to posts to get his passport renewed. Can you imagine such thing happening in a so-called educated society? I know very well that life won't be easy at all for us in Canada, it will be full of straggle but the quality of life will definitely improve. We know that we will be able to offer our children a better future, clean and healthy atmosphere and that really means a lot to us.

rateme

Dec 11, 2009
Canada > India
extreme cold > extreme hot
enough earning (simple work)> enough earning (hardworked/stressful)
free healthcare > healthcare shouldered own
the list could go on... n

but ultimately motherland is motherland.. i like the childhood i had..

CanadaVisa4me

Star Member
Aug 5, 2009
Its hard to compare childhood because we cannot change it.

Many people with kids are going to Canada. Will they deny a good childhood to their kids. The answer is NO, which means most people think that their kids will have even a better childhood in Canada.

Good Luck ALL.

commonwealth

Nov 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calgirl- I can relate to this fellow and his situation. As an IT professional, i was in his shoes back in 1998 where i was making 40,000/- per month. Moved to US, worked for top companies and currently hold a Leadership position. Lived an American dream but at a price, only spent few weeks with my dada, dadi, nana, nani and other close relatives, only few months with my mother, brothers and sister. I was born and raised in Pakistan but life has given me great opportunities and especially in America, i got to know some real bright and good human brings from all over the world and found so much in common. ... but after making many sacrifices for a bright future, sometime i struggle with myself to figure out is it worth all this effort and especially for our next generation where we had so much love and care as child, can we provide something close to that environment for our next generation.......

Idea here is to bring focus on what’s real important in life beside work and I think family has a key role, it’s just my personal prospective..