+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it worthwhile to move canada if you are earning good salary in India?

sp2009

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
Hi all,

Is it worthwhile to move canada if you are earning a good salary in India? I got my visa on last friaday and very confused what to do? Is it right that can. gov. will pay soem amount of money for kids?

slavasz

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/10/2009
Doc's Request.
18/12/2009
AOR Received.
19/04/2010
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/09/2011
Med's Done....
05-09-2011/
Interview........
waved 19/04/2010
Passport Req..
24/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
13/07/2012
LANDED..........
29/08/2012
Decision to immigrate to another country does not depend on your salary.
There are many other factors. And each person has his own reasons.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
slavasz said:
Decision to immigrate to another country does not depend on your salary.
There are many other factors. And each person has his own reasons.
Perfect answer.
I second that...

Dear SP,

Canada has much to offer. I'm sure u had weighed that before u applied. I understand, due to the long gestation pd, things do change in between and then the same ques comes to all our minds. Yes, I & lot many other ppl too start thinking abt it thereon. But, besides the salary (like slavasz said) there are other factors, which still insist to move to Canada. Of course, the choise yet remains entirely ours.

It is for u to weigh again all pros & cons to decide, after getting the visa, should u OR shouldn't u ?

I for one, am sure to move. Even though I'm well settled today, have a great job, nice package, good savings et all. But, the +ve environs of Canada, great Meds, good edn & free for my kids suggest that for my fmily & kids it stands a good choice, still. Morover, I'm already an expatriate in the Middle East, where however big I become, I'll yet not be a citizen. While in Canada, I can. Thus, my mindset. Yours can be different.

Hope that helps.

sp2009

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
I will definatelt agree with you that canada provides good healthcare support and education for our kids. My question is onlyabout the job market. and for the initial period. During the intial period, is it possible for us to get atleast a labour job to servive? (I am confused about the initial time due to the recession).
Please reply

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think the only way to find out the real position is to be there. seniors like Leon, PMM, Rupeshhari may guide u in this area.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you already have the visa, you might as well land and activate it rather than let it expire. You can use that trip to look around for jobs although better to try to set up interviews before you go. If you don't find anything, you can go back with the option of going back in one or two years to look again but if you do find something, you can go back and wrap things up before your move.

You can stay outside of Canada for up to 3 years after you land as a PR without losing it.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Tonsils Hockey said:
Never leave mother India.
Then why to be, still, on this forum at all ?

Lets face it guys... we had decided to apply for Canadian PR due to reasons mentionned in my earlier post. I have been to Canada many a times before on business. I have also been all over the globe. Canada offers us the best opportunity to settle down with our families, for life. There are other pros, that cannot be detailed on this open forum, which makes Canada a better choice that the others.

Job... any expatriate shall vouch for, that intial teething troubles would be there everywhere. So in Canada. To start with we can never find a job to our satisfaction, actually much below. Even menial. Our 2nd job would be somewhat OK, still we will be dillusional... but eventually we'll succeed. Canada is hit hard now, but so is other nations... US even worst. What the heck ? If we had applied, we might as well take the plunge. It shall be better for our families, kids especially, in the long run.

And arguing that our home countries were better, is a bull. 'coz, if that was the case, why did we apply in the first place. We obviously had something in our mind. Reasons of it would be different for each one of us, but some factors remain same for all of us, as described earlier by me. And this mindset is not 'unpatriotic' for my home nation. We still remain patriots, and double that way, since we are now attaining a PR of Canada. If the nation gives us citizenship, are we not supposed to be a patriot of that nation ??? My 2 cents... I'll be damn 'patriot to Canada'. /period/

Regards.

canadacalling

Nov 3, 2009
SP
U r not fit for Canada cos u dont want to take THAT RISK about your job and job prospects in Canada
In brief ,people like you are loser.So Be Indian and Slog Indian

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
CanadaVisa4me said:
Is Canada a better place to live than India? What aspect of Canada is better?
Dear CV4me,

That's a nice one again... I hope u had read my / our earlier posts on this thread.

Buddy, no one can justifiably answer that. And none of our justifications can convince you / anyone. Others correct me if I'm wrong ? It's a very personal opinion. I'm not sure abt India, but Canada is quite better than many other nations. Note, I said, 'quite better'. Individually u / others might disagree, thus my statement is comparative, objective & not subjective.

India is a huge democracy... it does have aspects which is good. But, if u r here (I mean this forum), u might have decided something to make a choice to move to Canada. That matters. Intrinsically / Internally think abt it !

On another note, Canada is a great country, it's meds are the epitome of envy, its schooling is Free and when settled down... probably u'll take home a better pay packet as well. Besides, there are scores of other 'bests' abt Canada, which cannot be fully grasped until u are there.

Hope that helps.

isagada

Oct 31, 2009
For "sp2009"

Read the thread about" Josh" experience and you'll find abit of enlightenment as well as others experience too(plenty on the forums)
As we all knew, it is a tough decision to make in life which involves our family to start anew in a new environment.
It is by CHOICE and not by CHANCE.Would you know how cold is the snow if you haven't felt it?
In Ecclesiastes 3:3-6; it says-everything has a time and purpose:
-a time to breakdown and a time to build up
- a time to to cast away stones and a time to gather stones
- a time to gain and a time to lose
- a time to keep and a time to throw away....

Best regards,

Igorot

Yarla7bh

Sep 12, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 23, 2009
AOR Received.
May 06, 2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
Aug 04, 2010. NY
Med's Request
Oct 26, 2010
Med's Done....
Dec 09, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I would like to add my 2cents.

In simple words anyone willing to Immigrate to canada would do
that based on 2 very Important criteria:

1. Push Factors --- Factors Pushing you OUT from your present Location to Canada.
2. Pull Factors --- Factors Pulling you INTO Canada

Examples of Common Push Factors (may not be applicable to everyone):
a. I do not like the place where i live.
b. I do not like the Education System of my region where my kids are studying.
c. I do not like the amount of money i am making.
d. I do not want to live in a developing/3rd World country.
e. I do not like the Corruption around me.
f. I do not like the social inequality and do not want to raise my kids in this environment.
g. I do not like the Pollution (air, water, noise), traffic congestion and quality of life.
h. I do not like the type of government(dictatorship,anarchy,un-democratic) in my region.
i. I do not like the healthcare and infrastructure in my region.
j. I do not think i will like to retire here.
....and many many more..............

Examples of common PULL Factors (may not be applicable to everyone):
a. Canada is a democratic, developed country.
b. Educational system is one of the best in the world for kids.
c. Healthcare system is efficient and free.
d. I will love to raise my children in a developed nation.
e. I can make a lot of money in Canada.
f. I would love to retire in canada which has Social benefits/schemes.
g. There are a lot of jobs in Canada.
h. I am a doctor/engineer/lawyer/professor and i can settle better in my profession in Canada coz its developed nation.
...and many many more............

We all know our "PUSH FACTORS" but the real CHALLENGE is to Confirm the PULL Factors which are attracting each of
us to Canada are accurate personal assumptions.

If YOUR PULL Factors are wrong assumptions and not based on FACTS.........then GET REAL by researching and exploring
for the Information........!! Stay informed to avoid unpleasant surprises.

Canada is a great country.....It has great opportunities to offer and equal set of challenges for new-comers.....!!

As wisely said by someone "TO BE INFORMED IS TO EMPOWER YOURSELF"

Good Luck to all.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simple answer: if you are not sure you don't want to come here, don't come. Uprooting your entire life for a new country and culture is too big of a step to do on a whim when you're not even sure if you want it.