+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it really worth moving to Canada???????????????

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well said Nicholas. I do like your piece and you did not come across as a biased or racist person.

Life is simple! Treat life easy and it shall treat you easy (action and reaction are equal and opposite). Striking a balance is the major work we are all called to do life.

For racism, we have to march on. In different ways we as individuals are somewhat guilty. I dear say even amongst people of the same continent this thing called racism can be found there. The way to defeat it is to focus on one's ultimate goal/dream.

Finally change is a constant in the world in which we live today. If you don't change location for this reason tomorrow you will be forced to change because of some other reason. Better to change when you can call the shots!

chandan

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
No matter what disgruntled and frustrated people like vbond007 say, am not changing my mind about canada.
am leaving for canada the same day i get my PR visa with my family. Am sure peolpe like you are lazy people
and are frustrated. Am sorry, but you missed it, no one ever can make me change my mind about canada, to me,
canada is my heaven on earth. Even when i get there, i won't stop praising canada.

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
This is what they say making a mountain out of a mole hill. You all have made your points and everyone is true according to his own circumstances. It's time to move on guys. Don't you think so?

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chandan said:
No matter what disgruntled and frustrated people like vbond007 say, am not changing my mind about canada.
am leaving for canada the same day i get my PR visa with my family. Am sure peolpe like you are lazy people
and are frustrated. Am sorry, but you missed it, no one ever can make me change my mind about canada, to me,
canada is my heaven on earth. Even when i get there, i won't stop praising canada.
I am sorry but I think you are getting and taking all the gist negatively. For God's sake stop stressing yourself, stop thinking and assuming that anybody here is trying to change or effect any change in your decision. You and you alone is and will be responsible for your decision. Everyone here is definitely here because they would like to be there. If you are on your way to Canada, Good luck to you.

Is it really worth moving to Canada?
The answer will always be "YES and NO". Depending on the way and from which perspective each individual see's and take's it. For me it is a YES, if I get the PR within the next 1year, If not, maybe it is not meant to be for me. I have my own reasons, even though I hold 2 European Nationalities, have 4 uncles who are Canadian Citizens and have worked in Europe for over 20 Years.

I don't think, it is a case of "What's good for the goose is good for the gander."

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010
vbond007,pls reserve your personal comments on the individual posts of the members of this forum.I think it will be healthy to be discreet and concentrate on the issues at hand with some constructive and value added postings.

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
penpal said:
vbond007,pls reserve your personal comments on the individual posts of the members of this forum.I think it will be healthy to be discreet and concentrate on the issues at hand with some constructive and value added postings.
i understand ur feelings penpal. i also don't like his comments, but then i don't think these comments deserves any kind of attention. it's everybody's personal choice to go or not to go. i humbly request all my friends here to please indulge in some constructive discussion rather than gunning for each other.

chandan

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
But New2canada, do you think this is really funny? pls don't laugh too much, but you can laugh just a little bit.
Something i have laboured for for almost 3years, someone should now come and be reminding me that am responsible, 'me and only me alone is responsible for my decision', do i need anyone to remind me? The answer is capital NO. So mr bobby, i know i am singularly responsible for my decisions, no need to tell me at all.

New2Canada

Mar 6, 2009
BobbyB is making a great statement. He is saying .... and I quote, "I don't think, it is a case of What's good for the goose is good for the gander."

Everyone is, of course, responsible for themselves and that is why it is okay for someone to change their mind about going to Canada and it is okay for someone else to go to Canada. It all depends on one's own situation and hence one must be responsible to evaluate that.

Good luck.

Hope all of you stop this massacre of people because I am sure I am not the only one dying of laughter.

Yarla7bh

Sep 12, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 23, 2009
AOR Received.
May 06, 2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
Aug 04, 2010. NY
Med's Request
Oct 26, 2010
Med's Done....
Dec 09, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Yarla7bh said:
Very Interesting Thread...!!
I would like to add my 2cents.

In simple words anyone willing to Immigrate to canada would do
that based on 2 very Important criteria:

1. Push Factors --- Factors Pushing you OUT from your present Location to Canada.
2. Pull Factors --- Factors Pulling you INTO Canada

Examples of Common Push Factors:
a. I do not like the place where i live.
b. I do not like the Education System of my region where my kids are studying.
c. I do not like the amount of money i am making.
d. I do not want to live in a developing/3rd World country.
e. I do not like the Corruption around me.
f. I do not like the social inequality and do not want to raise my kids in this environment.
g. I do not like the Pollution (air, water, noise), traffic congestion and quality of life.
h. I do not like the type of government(dictatorship,anarchy,un-democratic) in my region.
i. I do not like the healthcare and infrastructure in my region.
j. I do not think i will like to retire here.
....and many many more..............

Examples of common PULL Factors:
a. Canada is a democratic, developed country.
b. Educational system is one of the best in the world for kids.
c. Healthcare system is efficient and free.
d. I will love to raise my children in a developed nation.
e. I can make a lot of money in Canada.
f. I would love to retire in canada which has Social benefits/schemes.
g. There are a lot of jobs in Canada.
h. I am a doctor/engineer/lawyer/professor and i can settle better in my profession in Canada coz its developed nation.
...and many many more............

We all know our "PUSH FACTORS" but the real CHALLENGE is to Confirm the PULL Factors which are attracting each of
us to Canada are accurate personal assumptions.

If YOUR PULL Factors are wrong assumptions and not based on FACTS.........then GET REAL by researching and exploring
for the Information........!! Stay informed to avoid unpleasant surprises.

Canada is a great country.....It has great opportunities to offer and equal set of challenges for new-comers.....!!

As wisely said by someone "TO BE INFORMED IS TO EMPOWER YOURSELF"

Good Luck to all.

Awaranag..............what a thread u started.......I guess u got your answer.....!!

The very 1st and basic question is being Challenged-----> Should i migrate to Canada?

Everyone is different, every situation is different and everyone's priorities in life are different.

NO ONE CAN HELP YOU ANSWER THIS QUESTION, ITS YR DECISION........!!

awaranag

Sep 14, 2009
Well Sirs,
With due respect to all of u.When I had applied for immigration...I was in different state of mind(Work pressure,yearly targets, blah blah blah).
Canada is a beautiful country.My kids will get better education,Medical facilities provided are among THE BEST in the world and last but not least HUMAN RIGHTS which we all miss in this part of the world.
Canada is good for immigration for people who move there with positive frame of mind and very low expectations...and then I am sure SKY is the limit for those guys.
May be as of now ...my expectations are high but I am in negative frame of mind.
Correct me ...if I am wrong.

New2Canada

Mar 6, 2009
Awaranag

Anytime you are in a question mode, you are in a good position. This means you could stay or leave your country and both would be a good choice. Most people don't have that. They'd rather go to Canada cause (as an example) their country sucks for them. So questioning your move always is the right thing to do because it will help you make a better decision.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
awaranag said:
Well Sirs,
With due respect to all of u.When I had applied for immigration...I was in different state of mind(Work pressure,yearly targets, blah blah blah).
Canada is a beautiful country.My kids will get better education,Medical facilities provided are among THE BEST in the world and last but not least HUMAN RIGHTS which we all miss in this part of the world.
Canada is good for immigration for people who move there with positive frame of mind and very low expectations...and then I am sure SKY is the limit for those guys.
May be as of now ...my expectations are high but I am in negative frame of mind.
Correct me ...if I am wrong.
Awaranag, I fully agree with you.

It is sometimes good, when one is in such a situation, to weigh both the pros and cons, to be both an optimist and pessimist, and, of course, to see half a glass full of water as half empty as well.(Wine would have been better though, init ?- LOL)

Good Luck.

BobbyB

imranali_2004us

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
Having seen all the post ,I also like to contribute,I have landed in Canada o 13th October.Now what I feel is that one should hope for the best and be prepared for the worst.Currently Canada is in recession,thats absolutely true,having seen all the things myself I have come to the conclusion that the way they are projecting that Canada is in Recovery stage,its not true at all,even odd jobs are hard to find,everyone welcomes u with so much warmth that u think that u have really impressed the employer and that the very next u will recieve a call from them but nothing happens,things just calm down,now just make one thing sure before u even purchase tickets that what are the real job prospects for your profession in canada,is there any certification ,courses u can do from your homeland to enhance your chances of hiring ,the best thing will be that u land here with some job offer in your hand otherwise life will be really difficult.No matter how many of close relatives and friends u have here,u will start feeling the guilt,so make sure before u land u know everything that can obstruct you in landing a job,identify ur area of weakness n deficiency according to the canadian system and try to work on that from ur homeland,

MAKE A SMART AND INTELLIGENT MOVE TO CANADA

Yarla7bh

Sep 12, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 23, 2009
AOR Received.
May 06, 2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
Aug 04, 2010. NY
Med's Request
Oct 26, 2010
Med's Done....
Dec 09, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
awaranag,

Its always good to analyze. Your thread has been thought provoking.
Times are not always the same......a decision taken 5 years back may not seem correct today and an amazing decision taken today may
seem to be a wrong one after 2 years.
The equation of people/situations/decisions related to time is surely complex.

imranali_2004us,

Thanks for sharing yr 1st hand experience.

Wish u Good luck