Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
13 nov, a day before the visa expires
Doing my masters would get me little bit Info into technology..... which could get me in private equity or business side of technology.
I don't understand coding, I took a class and felt I could not lock myself in front of a laptop for years to come...... so tech was a no no.
Everyone I see is a programmer.... but u gotta really love it... and most of the H1B folks are just doing it because of money and it's not really their passion.....
A lot of these guys are from mechanical, civil engineering or accounting background and doing coding for some tech company, they just do it because of lot of jobs and job stability.....that too on a highly restrictive visa.
A handful of them follow their passion and work in their field....

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Doing my masters would get me little bit Info into technology..... which could get me in private equity or business side of technology.
I don't understand coding, I took a class and felt I could not lock myself in front of a laptop for years to come...... so tech was a no no.
Everyone I see is a programmer.... but u gotta really love it... and most of the H1B folks are just doing it because of money and it's not really their passion.....
A lot of these guys are from mechanical, civil engineering or accounting background and doing coding for some tech company, they just do it because of lot of jobs and job stability.....that too on a highly restrictive visa.
A handful of them follow their passion and work in their field....
So what's your profession?

aashay12

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo transferred to ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
Med's Request
25th october 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
Sales/marketing... biz dev..

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
I think people need to decide what they value in life before making this decision.

1. Do you value money and creature comforts above all else? Do you like the cheap, 2000 sq ft house with 2x BMWs in the driveway? Do you feel you are too old to keep moving around? Are you OK with saving a few hundred thousand and going back to India for good? Then stay in the US! You wont get the kind of money in Canada that will give you all this.

2. Do you value freedom? Do you like to travel the world? Do you feel that tinge of humiliation every time you stand in the foreigners line when you come back 'home'? Would you take a 30% pay cut in exchange for a Green Card? Do you want a guarantee that you will live in a 1st world country for life?
If so, move to Canada!

3. Do you want both? Well, tough luck! We all want to win the lottery and live in Hawaii/San Diego in a mansion, but that aint happening either!

Reactions: Lovely_Wings

aashay12

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
Med's Request
25th october 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
I don't know if I will find a job there...
making even 30 % less than here... that's okay....I have been thru hell financially and I don't want to be there with my newborn......
Or else send my family to India an ask them to come back when I get a job....

aashay12

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
Med's Request
25th october 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
Most job in Canada for me would be mostly traveling back to US..for meetings or conferences....it all ends up in the US...
For most marketing people Canada is jut another state

aashay12

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
Med's Request
25th october 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
I don't drive BMW nor have a flashy house...
money is important when u know u struggled all your life without it.....
I guess not all of you were in that situation...
People are product of their experiences.....
I wish all the best to all u guys for your experiment in Canada......hope u all sail smooth......best wishes
Adios.......

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Been here in Canada since 2011. Had been in US for about 11 yrs. Did my masters there and was in H1B for about 8 yrs. Got PR here and moved here with a Job and got citizenship couple of years back. Life as mentioned by others is not as hectic as in US and there is sense of belonging here. Only thing missing here in canada is the hapenningness and much colder here during nov - mar/april....Otherwise love the place and my family likes it here

aashay12

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
Med's Request
25th october 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
Lastly,
My wife's PR has expired but not her Card. My PR will expire about in a month or less.. My newborn only has birth certificate and SSN and no passport yet....
What r the chances they will let me in Canada. .... rather my wife and newborn...
At no point I want to put my baby at risk... Also my US visa has expired means I have to go to stamping and I cannot come back....without it...
So consider this as a scenario that they won't let my wife in but the baby... And ofcourse, I am not going to take the baby and enter Canada.... The newborn would have to be with her mother and if she is refused the she has to take the baby to India....
The baby does not have an Indian documents or a passport to board the flight.....To go to india...
This scenario would be an international shit show.......
It's funny when u think of it... But with the newborn.... I don't think it's worth it...
The main reason my wife lost the PR was because she wanted to give the baby the US citizenship.
So instead of going in March and securing her PR at the last moment, she chose to sacrifice it for the baby....so the next generation don't have to go thru BS, if they ever choose to come to US.....
I just think we did what was best for the newborn.......

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Lastly,
My wife's PR has expired but not her Card. My PR will expire about in a month or less.. My newborn only has birth certificate and SSN and no passport yet....
What r the chances they will let me in Canada. .... rather my wife and newborn...
At no point I want to put my baby at risk... Also my US visa has expired means I have to go to stamping and I cannot come back....without it...
So consider this as a scenario that they won't let my wife in but the baby... And ofcourse, I am not going to take the baby and enter Canada.... The newborn would have to be with her mother and if she is refused the she has to take the baby to India....
The baby does not have an Indian documents or a passport to board the flight.....To go to india...
This scenario would be an international shit show.......
It's funny when u think of it... But with the newborn.... I don't think it's worth it...
The main reason my wife lost the PR was because she wanted to give the baby the US citizenship.
So instead of going in March and securing her PR at the last moment, she chose to sacrifice it for the baby....so the next generation don't have to go thru BS, if they ever choose to come to US.....
I just think we did what was best for the newborn.......
Canadian citizenship is fine too. I don't think well educated natives suffer like immigrants who move with different education and experience. The crowd who move to US from Canada has come down drastically over years.

Currently there's an active thread in Express entry forum where Americans are discussing about moving to Canada. They are so desperate to somehow get invitation at least via PNP route. It's very funny to read that. For us it's all about money, career and accumulating wealth. They seem to have completely different perspective and reasons to move to Canada.

And part purpose of having baby in US is lost if the baby happens to grow up (due to your H1 related immigration issues) and spend 20 or so years in India right. Same pollution, peer pressure in schools, crowd etc.

If you had any intention to save PR, I think you should have planned things much earlier. Like looking for job much ahead of time. At least you'd have failed trying and wouldn't have to go through all this dilemma. All what if s would have disappeared as you'd have clearly known Canada is not for you.

Last edited:

aashay12

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
Med's Request
25th october 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
At this point, I can go without work for few months.... I could stretch max for a year too......But the whole problem is taking the family there.....getting stuck at the port of entry, it's just not me anymore...
No matter job or no job..... I don't want to put the family in that scenario...which could be ugly.....
I don't know man, if it's worth taking that risk.....
Even if she is allowed, she would have to go to court and work that immigration.....out to get the PR back....... This is the price we pay of having the baby here in US...
We gave all we had to the newborn, not thinking, what would happen to us.......

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
At this point, I can go without work for few months.... I could stretch max for a year too......But the whole problem is taking the family there.....getting stuck at the port of entry, it's just not me anymore...
No matter job or no job..... I don't want to put the family in that scenario...which could be ugly.....
I don't know man, if it's worth taking that risk.....
Even if she is allowed, she would have to go to court and work that immigration.....out to get the PR back....... This is the price we pay of having the baby here in US...
We gave all we had to the newborn, not thinking, what would happen to us.......
I think you should leave it here and just focus on US alone. Why lose your mind for something that you probably don't wish by heart.

You could probably get EAD anytime in next 3-10 years. Green card would definitely be worth the wait too anyways. Just forget this and pursue your GC wholeheartedly.

dks2323

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@aashay12 buddy....don't come to this forum and ask questions or comment here....That will make you more confused....just forget about Canada and be there for good....have peace of mind and relax....I feel that you are just making it difficult for yourself....just a friendly advice.....

thisworks

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Boston, US
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
02-10-2017
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Med's Done....
10-08-2017
Passport Req..
12-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2017
If you had any intention to save PR, I think you should have planned things much earlier. Like looking for job much ahead of time. At least you'd have failed trying and wouldn't have to go through all this dilemma. All what if s would have disappeared as you'd have clearly known Canada is not for you.
Oh no, he had to do so many important things like trolling india and indians! These are far more important than planning for career and life!

Reactions: Lovely_Wings

aashay12

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
Med's Request
25th october 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
It's all planned buddy..., it's all squared... All I got to say is yes.. to the offer......
It's not even a job, it's my own business... I can do it from there too...
I just did not plan the immigration side of it.....I fell short for it....
I agree I made a mistake on the settling down in Canada side....
About trolling someone...
Not trolling Indians, just India...
Its just an opinion and an opinion cannot be questioned or challenged...coz those are people's beliefs....