Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
13 nov, a day before the visa expires
People are amazing, but I hAte the politics, attitude, goverment in India.. It's cynical there...
I left India in 2002, been there for 15 days in the last 15 years.....
Back then India was miserable.... It's gotten better... But the change has never benefitted me...
So for me my hatred stems from that BS lifestyle in India, when I was growing up...
Unfortunately I as born there.
It's hot, traffic, people spitting,
Less space, just a lot of hustle for basics of life....
it does not make sense... When u know there is something better done with common sense and u can live a nice and decent comfortable life..... Without paying a bribe for your basics.
India does not have water all over, I think that hurts India in development in rural areas and people are flocking to the cities make life miserable for the ones living in cities....
There's nothing to like about India.

aashay12

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo transferred to ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
Med's Request
25th october 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
Some people can tell me about not hating india or Disliking india.
Why are they outside India or in this forum..why are they here.
They left India because they did not have anything there.... or the lifstyle which thy can't get there...
Very easy to tell people what they should think and not think.... about their homeland....

mshaikh

Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-10-2011 (Initial review is complete)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
Buffalo - Ottawa (June 2012)
Med's Request
23-10-2013
Med's Done....
21-11-2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
13-2-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2014
LANDED..........
23-9-2014
I want to share my experience with one couple in Canada. Please note this is just one instance and in no way is it reflective of other successful individuals.

Husband-wife lived in Canada on PR - Didn't have great jobs but saved enough to survive. Husband is an IT professional and got laid off. He couldn't get a job, did find a job in India. He is working in India. Wife with her kid is staying in GTA sharing room with another lady.

Ultimately there are 2 basic necessities wherever you live.
1. Immigration (right offered by country to stay)
2. Job (this is equally important). You need to be able to earn enough to sustain your family.

1 - you get fairly easily in Canada for now
2 - you get fairly easily in USA for now

Now either you think of getting #1 in USA and deal with challenges with that here or you think of getting #2 in Canada and deal with it's challenges there. There will be lot of factors that may affect your decision - your friends/family are, which field do you work in, where you are in immigration process, How much energy do you have to continue with struggle in #1 or #2, how much important is it for you to work in IT in your own field, how much time you have spent in the countries and what's your comfort level with the system, what's your family situation, what is the immigration status of your kids, do you have kids, kid's schooling situation and so on.

Both #1 and #2 are dynamic, they keep changing based on who is in charge of the country. But it's fair to say over the years they have both gotten slightly worse and how they will change in future is anyone's guess. We hope it becomes easier to get jobs in Canada and it becomes easier to get immigration status in US. Will leave it at that.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I want to share my experience with one couple in Canada. Please note this is just one instance and in no way is it reflective of other successful individuals.

Husband-wife lived in Canada on PR - Didn't have great jobs but saved enough to survive. Husband is an IT professional and got laid off. He couldn't get a job, did find a job in India. He is working in India. Wife with her kid is staying in GTA sharing room with another lady.

Ultimately there are 2 basic necessities wherever you live.
1. Immigration (right offered by country to stay)
2. Job (this is equally important). You need to be able to earn enough to sustain your family.

1 - you get fairly easily in Canada for now
2 - you get fairly easily in USA for now

Now either you think of getting #1 in USA and deal with challenges with that here or you think of getting #2 in Canada and deal with it's challenges there. There will be lot of factors that may affect your decision - your friends/family are, which field do you work in, where you are in immigration process, How much energy do you have to continue with struggle in #1 or #2, how much important is it for you to work in IT in your own field, how much time you have spent in the countries and what's your comfort level with the system, what's your family situation, what is the immigration status of your kids, do you have kids, kid's schooling situation and so on.

Both #1 and #2 are dynamic, they keep changing based on who is in charge of the country. But it's fair to say over the years they have both gotten slightly worse and how they will change in future is anyone's guess. We hope it becomes easier to get jobs in Canada and it becomes easier to get immigration status in US. Will leave it at that.
I presume you are indirectly hinting that it is not possible to get good jobs in Canada, and even if one gets that, it is not possible to survive on long run.

If this is going to be the case, India would be lot better option. It is not possible to live in limbo, neither in immigration status nor in job prospects. Both are required for peace of mind.

aashay12

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
Med's Request
25th october 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
The vast land mass of the country and full resources under one market makes the US much better to live and work. I have encountered the Great Recession in 2008 and I have seen that even in the worse economic times the country has weathered such monumental drop in the market and has bounced back. A lot of the Midwestern states did not even feel the recession. Iowa, Nebraska, okhlohoma, Missouri, Dakotas, Minnesota.
Wisconsin. Some of these states with the least number of immigrants actually did pretty okay during recession. When a sector does bad, it's easy to jump to another sector and work your way up even during the hardest of the times. It's just the nature of the US economy. Canada it's hard, it depends on the US economy a lot and slow recovery and less willing to invest into new projects. Getting jobs is hard and keeping it even harder.
Look at Elon Musk, he holds Canadian citizenship, but chose his base as US to prosper and grow. Unless the investment structure changes in Canada, it's going to be dud economy. Education-innovation-business....it's the US model. Risk taking nature isinthe DNA of this country.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
The vast land mass of the country and full resources under one market makes the US much better to live and work. I have encountered the Great Recession in 2008 and I have seen that even in the worse economic times the country has weathered such monumental drop in the market and has bounced back. A lot of the Midwestern states did not even feel the recession. Iowa, Nebraska, okhlohoma, Missouri, Dakotas, Minnesota.
Wisconsin. Some of these states with the least number of immigrants actually did pretty okay during recession. When a sector does bad, it's easy to jump to another sector and work your way up even during the hardest of the times. It's just the nature of the US economy. Canada it's hard, it depends on the US economy a lot and slow recovery and less willing to invest into new projects. Getting jobs is hard and keeping it even harder.
Look at Elon Musk, he holds Canadian citizenship, but chose his base as US to prosper and grow. Unless the investment structure changes in Canada, it's going to be dud economy. Education-innovation-business....it's the US model. Risk taking nature isinthe DNA of this country.
Enough of this. We all know about what US is all about, and everyone knows it's infinite times better than Canada. The whole discussion here is living in visa with uncertainity vs living as PR with stability, not US vs Canada.

So what is your plan if Trump administration decides to interpret AC 21 in a different way and stops allowing H1 extensions after 6th year for approved i140s?

aashay12

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
Med's Request
25th october 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
I am not in IT, so it not going to easy for me in Canada. If trump does screwup H1b, then my luck with all the other H1b workers. I have been trading since I was in my teens... and have accounts in 4 countries.....I will just keep doing that...I am not going to worry about H1b or trump. Doors keep opening up....and opportunities keep coming....
Can't get stuck in life due to a visa.....H1b, L1.....I have a plan B and C.... My plan D is Canada.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I am not in IT, so it not going to easy for me in Canada. If trump does screwup H1b, then my luck with all the other H1b workers. I have been trading since I was in my teens... and have accounts in 4 countries.....I will just keep doing that...I am not going to worry about H1b or trump. Doors keep opening up....and opportunities keep coming....
Can't get stuck in life due to a visa.....H1b, L1.....I have a plan B and C.... My plan D is Canada.

So from where would you reside and do that? India?

aashay12

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
Med's Request
25th october 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
Somewhere near the border....

aashay12

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
Med's Request
25th october 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
Gonna do my masters in buffalo
Or Seattle...may be live across the border......that's the only scenario to live in Canada...
I will do a course in something IT/finance related... I will get a CPT and later OPT so total almost close to 5 years of work permit without the of the employer.....
Till then the PD might become current..... The only bad thing is time is too short....for me to make that decision....
It's not really bad going back to school.....learn new stuff...

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Gonna do my masters in buffalo
Or Seattle...may be live across the border......that's the only scenario to live in Canada...
I will do a course in something IT/finance related... I will get a CPT and later OPT so total almost close to 5 years of work permit without the of the employer.....
Till then the PD might become current..... The only bad thing is time is too short....for me to make that decision....
It's not really bad going back to school.....learn new stuff...
So what's your priority date?

aashay12

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
Med's Request