+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it Possible?

dadakoko

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it possible if one gets his visa late and is unable to meet up with school resumption in September, he defers his admission and resumes for January Semester?

Do you need to notify the CHC after they have given you visa?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dadakoko said:
Is it possible if one gets his visa late and is unable to meet up with school resumption in September, he defers his admission and resumes for January Semester?

Do you need to notify the CHC after they have given you visa?
You will NOT get a visa after the start date of your classes.

You will only receive a call from CHC (Like I received yesterday!) to submit letter of extension for the next intake.

dadakoko

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My classes start on 7th September, are you positive I would hear from them before the 7th?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dadakoko said:
My classes start on 7th September, are you positive I would hear from them before the 7th?
yesterday when I got the call, she said,

"Your classes going to start from 2nd Sept. Is that right ?"

Infact my classes have already started since august 1st week.

I am not sure what will happen with you. I can see "too much panic" in the forum.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dadakoko said:

Infact my classes have already started since august 1st week. And the start date is clearly mentioned on my LOA

I am not sure what will happen with you. I can see "too much panic" in the forum.
dadakoko said:

Infact my classes have already started since august 1st week. And the start date is clearly mentioned on my LOA

dadakoko

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LOL :D :) :) :) :) :) :)

Thanks enfield, I have not had a good laugh in a long while.

Of course there is a lot of panic in the forum, schools are resuming and we are not hearing anythign from the CHC, as if they operate in another world.

I dont know about you, but for me my life is like on a stand still, if I get a yes I start rushing to get to Canada, quit my job (serve 1 week notice!!), buy ticket, clear my account, sort out accommodation etc. If I get a know, I cry, scream, get depressed, then decide if I am to reapply, start the whole process again!

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dadakoko said:
LOL :D :) :) :) :) :) :)

Thanks enfield, I have not had a good laugh in a long while.

Of course there is a lot of panic in the forum, schools are resuming and we are not hearing anythign from the CHC, as if they operate in another world.

I dont know about you, but for me my life is like on a stand still, if I get a yes I start rushing to get to Canada, quit my job (serve 1 week notice!!), buy ticket, clear my account, sort out accommodation etc. If I get a know, I cry, scream, get depressed, then decide if I am to reapply, start the whole process again!
Its just 1 hour 35 minutes left, now its 3:25 PM. So they won't update after 5 PM, and its off 2moro and holiday on Monday !

And its not a policy of emb'ass'y to grant visa after start date. So now the game is over.

I am hoping to get visa by 30th sept.

kashif Mehmood

Jul 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My classes will start on 7 september.I did not receive my visa yet.Will u plz tell me when CHC will ask me to defer your admission?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kashif Mehmood said:
My classes will start on 7 september.I did not receive my visa yet.Will u plz tell me when CHC will ask me to defer your admission?
I think you will get call only if you deserve visa, I am not sure if all delay cases will receive call.

You can expect a call, may be with in 10 to 15 days.

dadakoko

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok, If i get my VISA before the 7th, can I defer my admission and just resume for the January Semester, if the school agrees?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dadakoko said:
Ok, If i get my VISA before the 7th, can I defer my admission and just resume for the January Semester, if the school agrees?
Yes why NOT ! You can do so ONLY if your University agree !

I was refused when I tried the same way ! They simply said, "we welcome you for Fall 2012"

dadakoko

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My school had informed me I can register either for the Fall 2011 or Winter 2012 Session. I should notify them in writing if I want to register for the Winter 2012 session. I was just concerned if there would be any issues at the Point of Entry in Canada.

I hope my visa comes in soon I would definitely be postponing until Winter 2012!!!!!

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dadakoko said:
My school had informed me I can register either for the Fall 2011 or Winter 2012 Session. I should notify them in writing if I want to register for the Winter 2012 session. I was just concerned if there would be any issues at the Point of Entry in Canada.

I hope my visa comes in soon I would definitely be postponing until Winter 2012!!!!!
In case you failed to get visa on 6th, thn

CHC will ask you to submit letter of Extension from your school. If you get a call, it means your visa is sure ! They won't call you if you are on a rejected list.

and at the Port of Entry, you have to show: Letter of Extension, LOA, Visa and PP. Thats all !

it doesn't matter when you enter over there, the important thing is your Letter of Extension... So wait for the call from CHC !

dadakoko

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks enfield. Hope you get yours sorted out as well soon.

kashif Mehmood

Jul 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@enfield...Thanks for ur reply.I desrve visa coz i got medical letter in June 2011 but i did not follow the instructions of medical coz i did not receive them.So they delayed my case deliberately.If it would be rejection then i must received it few weeks ago i think.Insha Allah I will receive visa soon.