+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it okay to...?

Feb 24, 2009
...ask the office in London if they have actually received my application and medical?

I know I can't ask about the specifics of the application.

The approved paperwork was sent from Mississauga on the 11th February and the medical(s) were sent on the 13th February.

I'm just worried they be lost in transat somewhere and, if so, I may need to do something about it.

ecas just says under 'Permanent Residence Application' - not available and 'Sponsorship' - decision made.

My wife got the letter saying her sponsorship was approved several weeks ago (she is in Toronto).

I don't expect them to have started processing the application yet but I just want to know everything is actually THERE waiting to be processed - whenever....

Thanks,

Patrick McCormick

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Patrick McCormick said:
...ask the office in London if they have actually received my application and medical?

I know I can't ask about the specifics of the application.

The approved paperwork was sent from Mississauga on the 11th February and the medical(s) were sent on the 13th February.

I'm just worried they be lost in transat somewhere and, if so, I may need to do something about it.

ecas just says under 'Permanent Residence Application' - not available and 'Sponsorship' - decision made.

My wife got the letter saying her sponsorship was approved several weeks ago (she is in Toronto).

I don't expect them to have started processing the application yet but I just want to know everything is actually THERE waiting to be processed - whenever....

Thanks,

Patrick McCormick
They won't reply as it well within their processing times, the application will make it there and they have 1000's of applications. The processing time is about 3-9 months for 80% of applications at London.

Mrs.BWL

Feb 24, 2009
It took over a month for Medicals Recieved to pop up in e-cas for us. Sometimes it doesn't come up at all. It also took at least 3 weeks for e-cas to show our file was being processed in London. You're still OK :) Did the DMP give you a tracking number for your medicals? You could always use that to see if they were delivered.

Like PMM says, London probably won't reply to a request right now.

Mrs.BWL

Feb 24, 2009
I believe it's designated medical practitioner or something along those lines. When hubby went for his medical, they emailed him a courier tracking number so he could check it had been delivered. You may be able to do the same.

From what I understand, when your application is being processed, they use the form you sent in (the one your doctor would have signed etc - I think it's yellow) to find your medical results wherever they are kept.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't worry. Your application is sent overseas via diplomatic mail service so the chances of it getting lost are pretty remote I would say. It's just been 2.5 weeks since your medical was sent so the visa office probably wouldn't appreciate your email and most likely wouldn't respond. With 1000's of applications to process, they really don't have time to respond to everyone asking "Did you get my application?"

e-cas is not frequently updated. My husband got his visa last week, however, e-cas always showed that his PR application was "in process" until this week. Now it finally says "decision made" and that medicals have been received (they had been sent along with the application 5 months previously).

DMP = Designated Medical Practitioner. That's who you would have seen for your medical. They send the medical certificate on your behalf to the visa office.