+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it ok to submit personal claim history, credit card bills, bank statements ?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiarachel85 said:
Is it okay to submit personal claim history, credit card bills, bank statements in advance alongwith citizenship application, to avoid getting Rq?

Thanks
T.
1. The current citizenship application form covers the residence angle by asking for documentation pertaining to 'active' indicators of presence key being employment. Your list has credit card bill and bank statements that are 'passive' indicators of presence...you don't have to be in Canada to have these so they add little or no value unless say in collaborating salary payments but that's what your pay stubs are for.

2. I second that sending such documents does not mean you avoid an RQ (plenty of examples across multiple immigration forums I participate in showing this)...in fact it may trigger an RQ if the submitted paperwork has some information of concern about your claimed presence in Canada.

3. The trend with this question is for the applicant to submit whatever they want for their own peace of mind (after all its your coin) so maybe best to do this if it makes you feel better but with the caveat that CIC may ignore the 'extras' not asked for in the application form.

nb8285

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
@wilbur

Why are you so angry my friend? Learn to accept that the way you did it is not the only and correct way.

wilbur said:
Send whatever you like, I really don't care. I can recommend what has worked in the past, but if you want to send two pounds of useless paper, just do it!

NSBoy902

Star Member
Jun 30, 2013
We had this convo a while back. I would not send credit cards, bank statement,etc but instead, T4s, tax returns, pay stubs, a letter from HR, mortgage, rental agreement.

I believe these are NOT extra but supporting document of what you claimed. I submit above for my PR application and it worked like a charm.

If you submit your dog's picture; it is extra.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
NSBoy902 said:
We had this convo a while back. I would not send credit cards, bank statement,etc but instead, T4s, tax returns, pay stubs, a letter from HR, mortgage, rental agreement.

I believe these are NOT extra but supporting document of what you claimed. I submit above for my PR application and it worked like a charm.

If you submit your dog's picture; it is extra.
I honestly dont know what "convo" here means, but one thing is certain. Some people will send including bank card PIN number only believing that will spare them from RQ. For no other reason, whatsoever.
I dont know about dog's picture, maybe they have a cat, but they'd do that too and argue is in fact supporting.
In this country "Guideline" stands for exactly what it means.

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
era1521 said:
I honestly dont know what "convo" here means, but one thing is certain. Some people will send including bank card PIN number only believing that will spare them from RQ. For no other reason, whatsoever.
I dont know about dog's picture, maybe they have a cat, but they'd do that too and argue is in fact supporting.
In this country "Guideline" stands for exactly what it means.
;D

wilbur

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
02-06-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Request
02-09-2011
Med's Done....
03-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2011
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
nb8285 said:
@ wilbur

Why are you so angry my friend? Learn to accept that the way you did it is not the only and correct way.
Not angry at all! Just realistic, if people think that way works go ahead...

amissa

Star Member
Aug 28, 2010
tiarachel85 said:
Is it okay to submit personal claim history, credit card bills, bank statements in advance alongwith citizenship application, to avoid getting Rq?

Thanks
T.
Please watch this video from CIC. Although it is indicating to send a complete application but you could see at the end of the video it is clearly stated to not send documents they did not request.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/multimedia/video/complete-application/complete-application.asp
But again you are free to decide what to send or not send. Here people only exchange ideas or share their experience/knowledge.

plus

Star Member
Nov 16, 2014
Thanks for the video amissa. Good information!

amissa said:
Please watch this video from CIC. Although it is indicating to send a complete application but you could see at the end of the video it is clearly stated to not send documents they did not request.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/multimedia/video/complete-application/complete-application.asp
But again you are free to decide what to send or not send. Here people only exchange ideas or share their experience/knowledge.

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
plus said:
Thanks for the video amissa. Good information!
Video is great... However, there is THEORY and there is PRACTICE...
We have several applicants on this forum who submitted additional documents (at least NOA, T4, ROE, and Letter of Employment) and had good experience.
On the other had, we NEVER had an applicant who reported being penalized in any way because of additional documents. If you carefully listen the video, you will notice that while most application errors (missing a documents or signature, etc..) result in application being returned to applicant, there is NO such sanction for sending additional documents.
My advise: always send at least NOA, T4, ROE, and Letter of Employment.
Bottom line: Follow your gut and make the call.

plus

Star Member
Nov 16, 2014
True arambi. I would imagine some basic extra documentation will help like letter from employer - simple one page doc but tells a lot.
Msafiri pointed out the list of active indicators and passive or secondary indicators. But at times active indicators may not necessarily be possible because lets say spouse was a home maker or did not manage to secure a job etc. In that case, what would suffice as active indicators?
Medical records?
Local Credit card statements?
My spouse was a home maker for 1/3 in Canada so how do I prove my spouse's existence with active indicators?
Msafiri & others please advise.

Thanks
Plus

arambi said:
Video is great... However, there is THEORY and there is PRACTICE...
We have several applicants on this forum who submitted additional documents (at least NOA, T4, ROE, and Letter of Employment) and had good experience.
On the other had, we NEVER had an applicant who reported being penalized in any way because of additional documents. If you carefully listen the video, you will notice that while most application errors (missing a documents or signature, etc..) result in application being returned to applicant, there is NO such sanction for sending additional documents.
My advise: always send at least NOA, T4, ROE, and Letter of Employment.
Bottom line: Follow your gut and make the call.

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@plus. As of our experience, my wife was a homemaker on her first 1.5 year here as a resident. We just sent in the principal documents asked in the application. IMO, maybe it helped that we did not travel a lot. We only went out of Canada once(26 days) in our 3years as PR. I was contemplating on what documents to send in if we were to receive this RQ on her part. Besides the CRA's cheques for UCCB(for child) w/c was on her name AND NOA, we did not have any other documents linking to her stay here. It's not your wife's fault to stay home to look after your child, so don't worry much. It's still in your discretion whether to send in additional documents. ;)

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
plus said:
True arambi. I would imagine some basic extra documentation will help like letter from employer - simple one page doc but tells a lot.
Msafiri pointed out the list of active indicators and passive or secondary indicators. But at times active indicators may not necessarily be possible because lets say spouse was a home maker or did not manage to secure a job etc. In that case, what would suffice as active indicators?
Medical records?
Local Credit card statements?
My spouse was a home maker for 1/3 in Canada so how do I prove my spouse's existence with active indicators?
Msafiri & others please advise.

Thanks
Plus

In this case, Health Record from the Provincial Health Authority may help (your can send hers and yours). Also if you have kids, please send their docs as well (Proof of schooling if applicable and Health Record from the Provincial Health Authority). General assumption is that where kids are, there is also mom.
Good luck

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
In this case, Health Record from the Provincial Health Authority may help (your can send hers and yours). Also if you have kids, please send their docs as well (Proof of schooling if applicable and Health Record from the Provincial Health Authority). General assumption is that where kids are, there is also mom.
Good luck

Juney said:
@ plus. As of our experience, my wife was a homemaker on her first 1.5 year here as a resident. We just sent in the principal documents asked in the application. IMO, maybe it helped that we did not travel a lot. We only went out of Canada once(26 days) in our 3years as PR. I was contemplating on what documents to send in if we were to receive this RQ on her part. Besides the CRA's cheques for UCCB(for child) w/c was on her name AND NOA, we did not have any other documents linking to her stay here. It's not your wife's fault to stay home to look after your child, so don't worry much. It's still in your discretion whether to send in additional documents. ;)

plus

Star Member
Nov 16, 2014
Thanks Juney for your response. Same here actually. Even we have been out of Canada only once for 29 days during the 3 year window.
So how many days did you wait for before your applied?
I hear that it is advisable to apply 10-20 days after 1095. But in our case, there is not much in and out of the country, it would be good to know your thoughts.

Great suggestion arambi, Child is not at school age so school records are not an option. How can I apply to get the provincial Health record and do you know how much time it takes?

Thanks
Plus

Juney said:
@ plus. As of our experience, my wife was a homemaker on her first 1.5 year here as a resident. We just sent in the principal documents asked in the application. IMO, maybe it helped that we did not travel a lot. We only went out of Canada once(26 days) in our 3years as PR. I was contemplating on what documents to send in if we were to receive this RQ on her part. Besides the CRA's cheques for UCCB(for child) w/c was on her name AND NOA, we did not have any other documents linking to her stay here. It's not your wife's fault to stay home to look after your child, so don't worry much. It's still in your discretion whether to send in additional documents. ;)

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
What is your province of residence?

plus said:
Thanks Juney for your response. Same here actually. Even we have been out of Canada only once for 29 days during the 3 year window.
So how many days did you wait for before your applied?
I hear that it is advisable to apply 10-20 days after 1095. But in our case, there is not much in and out of the country, it would be good to know your thoughts.

Great suggestion arambi, Child is not at school age so school records are not an option. How can I apply to get the provincial Health record and do you know how much time it takes?

Thanks
Plus