+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it ok to submit personal claim history, credit card bills, bank statements ?

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it okay to submit personal claim history, credit card bills, bank statements in advance alongwith citizenship application, to avoid getting Rq?

Thanks
T.

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiarachel85 said:
Is it okay to submit personal claim history, credit card bills, bank statements in advance alongwith citizenship application, to avoid getting Rq?

Thanks
T.
It's best you just submit what is required. The truth is that if there is a reason to trigger RQ, you can't avoid it no matter the documentation you provide. Besides, I believe submitting excess documents may trigger some suspicion.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also think that sending extra documents is not recommended ... there is no evidence that sending extra stuff actually helps. If they want to issue RQ, than nothing can stop them.
dav3000 said:
It's best you just submit what is required. The truth is that if there is a reason to trigger RQ, you can't avoid it no matter the documentation you provide. Besides, I believe submitting excess documents may trigger some suspicion.
+1

wilbur

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
02-06-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Request
02-09-2011
Med's Done....
03-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2011
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
Again and again.

Only submit what is requested in the checklist and/or guide, no more no less.

Sending more documents will not save you for getting a RQ if there is a reason...

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
Work documents are not required... But I STRONGLY advise anyone to submit letters of employment, ROE, T4s and NOAs if you have them. You have nothing to lose.
I know someone who submitted application (with the above documents and confirmation of volunteer experience ) on sept 25, 2014 and file is already at local office since Jan 6, 2014 waiting for test.

Not sure if the addt'l docs did help... But it certainly did not hurt

Thanks

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It doesn't do harm to submit these additional docs. But i'd rather keep my application simple. Submit only principal documents, as what is asked/required in the application. CIC have access doing background checks. So why worry submitting these addt'l documents if you see you are really eligible to apply. Just in our case, my wife was actually a homemaker for her 1.5 years out of 3years as a resident. We just submitted language proof and passport copies, COPR, IDs...(ones mentioned int the application package). If they ask you to afterwards, then submit it.

wilbur

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
02-06-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Request
02-09-2011
Med's Done....
03-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2011
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
nb8285 said:
@ wilbur

how can you be so sure?
How can not you be sure? Why should you need to send 3 pounds of paper? Only because "you think" is correct? If there is a guide and a checklist follow the guidelines, I did so with the PR process and didn't have any trouble.

nb8285

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
Re: "Only because 'you think' is correct"

Yes, of course. I think it makes perfect sense to send *some* additional docs if I think those will help alleviate some doubt about my residency, travel history etc. It is possible that in some cases those additional docs may help avoid one get an RQ. Of course, nobody knows that for sure, but additional docs that support your situation/case cannot hurt you at the very least.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My advise is don't send too many unwanted documents to put burden on application reviewing officer. The documents mostly will help to avoid RQ is send all clear colour copies of passport pages for covering 4 years, NOA, House title/lease and these additional documents only makes extra few pages but crucial for residency proof..

When a officer matches passport stamps with residence calculator and these two are 100% correct in cross checking.. Officer may not find too much reason to issue RQ..

rmust

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2011
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2012
Med's Request
27-March-2012
Med's Done....
31-March-2012
Passport Req..
22-June-12
VISA ISSUED...
27-July-12 (received Aug 2)
LANDED..........
04-Aug-12
I personally think documents such as bank statement, credit card bills etc. are unnecessary to submit with your initial application, therefore I would advise not to submit them and make your application like an encyclopedia. If I were an immigration officer I would dread to open an application and find an encyclopedia and sort through all the extra papers I did not request.
Keep it simple and provide what the document checklist asks for.
If anything extra I would submit Notice of Assessments for the past year since they are government issued documents so they hold some value.

I myself submitted exactly what was asked in the document checklist nothing more and nothing less.

Like other members said, if and RQ is to happen it will happen regardless of you submitting all these additional documents. Remember CIC will check with CBSA about your travel records to verify your presence in Canada...and if anything suspicious there you are going to get an RQ anyways I think.

At the end of the day, you decide what you want to do...

wilbur

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
02-06-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Request
02-09-2011
Med's Done....
03-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2011
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
nb8285 said:
Re: "Only because 'you think' is correct"

Yes, of course. I think it makes perfect sense to send *some* additional docs if I think those will help alleviate some doubt about my residency, travel history etc. It is possible that in some cases those additional docs may help avoid one get an RQ. Of course, nobody knows that for sure, but additional docs that support your situation/case cannot hurt you at the very least.
Send whatever you like, I really don't care. I can recommend what has worked in the past, but if you want to send two pounds of useless paper, just do it!

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
Juney said:
From your signature @Juney I see you aint got the RQ. I assume you did send all these mentioned documents with your application like tiarachel85 contemplate sending out.