+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC suspending processing Study Permit till 30 June

Nirisha88

Jun 9, 2020
IRCC has just updated that, it is suspending application processing for a Study permit and other temporary visas till 30 June. Below is the link.

IRCC suspends visa processing

Most of us are waiting for past 3 months for our Study Permit approval, It looks like we are in for some long wait.
Earlier IRCC had mentioned that process was on hold till June 9 and today being June 9, they have decided to suspend processing till 30 June.

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
IRCC has just updated that, it is suspending application processing for a Study permit and other temporary visas till 30 June. Below is the link.

IRCC suspends visa processing

Most of us are waiting for past 3 months for our Study Permit approval, It looks like we are in for some long wait.
Earlier IRCC had mentioned that process was on hold till June 9 and today being June 9, they have decided to suspend processing till 30 June.
sad .they should atleast process old files and only isuue visas later.

Reactions: Zarak ali
Apr 10, 2019
Hi Nirisha88,

I doubt if that is right. Because if you scroll down to the bottom of the page you can read the below (i pasted). One can still apply online.

If you’re eligible to travel to Canada
Until June 30, 2020, you must apply online for

• visitor visas (including transit visas)
  • eTAs
  • study permits
  • work permits

Apr 10, 2019
Oh but they're not processing only priority applications like..

• Canadians trying to return to Canada
  • vulnerable people
  • people who perform or support essential services

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
Hi Nirisha88,

I doubt if that is right. Because if you scroll down to the bottom of the page you can read the below (i pasted). One can still apply online.

• eTAs
  • study permits
  • work permits
yes eligible people can only travel and apply.new students are who applied for study visa are.not eligible for exemption for ban on travel

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
I
Hi Nirisha88,

• eTAs
  • study permits
  • work permits
I agree with you. Based on my interpretation, they suspending process of new applicants till june 30th. Its says dont apply thats the keyword they didnt mention anything related to existing applications.

"If you’re not eligible to travel to Canada, don’t apply during the suspension of normal processing (until June 30, 2020)."

Reactions: amsanae

amsanae

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
I

I agree with you. Based on my interpretation, they suspending process of new applicants till june 30th. Its says dont apply thats the keyword they didnt mention anything related to existing applications.

"If you’re not eligible to travel to Canada, don’t apply during the suspension of normal processing (until June 30, 2020)."
True

Zarak ali

Jun 9, 2020
I

So it means they have started processing study permits of those facing delay?

monar47

Feb 13, 2020
I

For some reason I enter to the link provided and the date was changed to June 9, 2020.

Maybe they got confused on the date they posted earlier.

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
last time also when ircc change date to 9th june second day it again changed to old dat MAY but again 3rd or 4th day changed to 9th june.so may be its errore the set again old date .lets see after 2 or 3 days