+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC suspending processing Study Permit till 30 June

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
My post was for the travel ban.
The other one is for IRCC processing.
I am not criticizing you. I am confused about IRCC keep changing processing date. First 9th then 30th then 9th again now 30th again. Either they trying to make us go crazy or they lossing their mind...lol

amsanae

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
I am not criticizing you. I am confused about IRCC keep changing processing date. First 9th then 30th then 9th again now 30th again. Either they trying to make us go crazy or they lossing their mind...lol
True. I did try to tweet the IRCC regarding study permit processing. They gave the following response
1/2 The impacts of COVID-19 have had an effect on our operations and our ability to respond to and process applications. We are therefore unable to provide processing timelines for specific applications at this time.
2/2 You can find information about processing changes and their implications for IRCC clients on the IRCC website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/questions-visit-work-student.html

On Visiting the website, which were of IRCC answering to generic questions, 2 questions caught my eye.

1)Are you still accepting new applications from international students, foreign workers and those who want to live permanently in Canada at this time?

Yes, we’re accepting new applications from international students, foreign workers and permanent residence applicants.

However, if you’re applying for a study permit or work permit from outside Canada, you must apply online.

Given the ongoing service disruptions, you may have difficulty completing all the steps in the process, such as giving your fingerprints and photo (biometrics).

We have special measures in place, including giving you more time to complete all the steps.

Find out how COVID-19 is affecting IRCC services

Once your application is processed and approved, find out if you’re exempt from the travel restrictions and can travel to Canada. All temporary foreign workers and some international students are exempt from the travel restrictions.

If you’re applying for permanent residence, follow the instructions for the applicable immigration program.

2. Will you process existing applications for study permits, work permits and permanent residence that were submitted before the pause began?

Yes, we’re processing existing study permit, work permit and permanent residence applications, to the extent possible, no matter how the application was submitted to us.

Given the ongoing service disruptions, you may have difficulty completing all the steps in the process, such as giving your fingerprints and photo (biometrics).

We have special measures in place, including giving you more time to complete all the steps.

Once your application is processed and approved, find out if you’re exempt from the travel restrictions for

Kindly read the following.

Also
--->The Suspension is pretty much for Visitor Visa Applications because on the same website, there was this question as well.
Q. I applied for a visa to ----->visit<----- Canada before the pause took effect. Will I have to reapply for my visa after the pause ends?
No. Your visa application will be processed once the pause ends.

And on other parts of the website, was the following
If you need to apply for a visitor visa
Your application won’t be processed until the suspension is lifted if an officer determines that you’re not able to prove that you’re eligible to travel at this time.

WHILST FOR STUDY PERMITS, IT DOES NOT MENTION THAT STUDY PERMITS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED DURING SUSPENSION.

Now some of you might argue that the suspension says processing is halted for all TRV (including Study Permits)

Kindly read again.

Suspension is halted for non-essential Visitor Visa applications.

Non-Essential is defined in the website like this

Essential
refers to travel for reasons that are non-discretionary and non-optional. The emergency orders under the Quarantine Act do not allow people to travel to Canada for optional or discretionary reasons, such as for tourism, recreation or entertainment.

I rest my case.

Reactions: vikenfirakezi

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
They changed it again, sadly it's back until June 30
i told all that last time when they extended date in may to 9th june second day it again went to may but 3rd day 9th june . i was right because i saw many time this thing on orcc website from 2008 till now.

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
i told all that last time when they extended date in may to 9th june second day it again went to may but 3rd day 9th june . i was right because i saw many time this thing on orcc website from 2008 till now.

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
What the hell is going on with these people.
told you bro @Shazad85 it will be error and will go back again to 30th june but many said i am making confusion .i knew.IRCC web site problems.i know ircc from 2002 and dealing with them for personal and family soo long.

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
True. I did try to tweet the IRCC regarding study permit processing. They gave the following response
1/2 The impacts of COVID-19 have had an effect on our operations and our ability to respond to and process applications. We are therefore unable to provide processing timelines for specific applications at this time.
2/2 You can find information about processing changes and their implications for IRCC clients on the IRCC website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/questions-visit-work-student.html

On Visiting the website, which were of IRCC answering to generic questions, 2 questions caught my eye.

1)Are you still accepting new applications from international students, foreign workers and those who want to live permanently in Canada at this time?

Yes, we’re accepting new applications from international students, foreign workers and permanent residence applicants.

However, if you’re applying for a study permit or work permit from outside Canada, you must apply online.

Once your application is processed and approved, find out if you’re exempt from the travel restrictions and can travel to Canada. All temporary foreign workers and some international students are exempt from the travel restrictions.

If you’re applying for permanent residence, follow the instructions for the applicable immigration program.

2. Will you process existing applications for study permits, work permits and permanent residence that were submitted before the pause began?

Yes, we’re processing existing study permit, work permit and permanent residence applications, to the extent possible, no matter how the application was submitted to us.

Once your application is processed and approved, find out if you’re exempt from the travel restrictions for

Also
--->The Suspension is pretty much for Visitor Visa Applications because on the same website, there was this question as well.
Q. I applied for a visa to ----->visit<----- Canada before the pause took effect. Will I have to reapply for my visa after the pause ends?

Your application won’t be processed until the suspension is lifted if an officer determines that you’re not able to prove that you’re eligible to travel at this time.

WHILST FOR STUDY PERMITS, IT DOES NOT MENTION THAT STUDY PERMITS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED DURING SUSPENSION.

Now some of you might argue that the suspension says processing is halted for all TRV (including Study Permits)

Kindly read again.

Essential
refers to travel for reasons that are non-discretionary and non-optional. The emergency orders under the Quarantine Act do not allow people to travel to Canada for optional or discretionary reasons, such as for tourism, recreation or entertainment.

I rest my case.
Haha. Looks like somone isn't playing. Thats a lot of digging to get to the bottom.
Still its hard to determine if their statement meant for visitors visa only or both study and visitor visa.

vikenfirakezi

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020

Also

Kindly read again.

Essential

I rest my case.
Clear and understandable! Thank you @amsanae

Reactions: JustDonna

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
Haha. Looks like somone isn't playing. Thats a lot of digging to get to the bottom.
Still its hard to determine if their statement meant for visitors visa only or both study and visitor visa.
dear i really can explain you new study visa will be processed after 30th june or if students are lucky IRCC change again policy before 30th june 2020. it is cleary mentioned in new changes that they will prioritize the old processing files .if you think you are eligible for visa you can email them.buy unfortunately study visa applicants are not on priority for them right now.

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
It didn't say "don't apply". They are still accepting applications for study permit, but processing is suspended until June 30. It has been for a while, they just keep extending it. But you can still submit to be processed when processing resumes. Only visitor visas are not allowed for now.

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
Ministerial Instructions 40 (MI40): Ministerial Instructions with respect to the processing of certain new and existing applications for temporary residence
Ministerial Instructions with respect to the processing of certain new and existing applications for temporary residence to further support Government wide measures to limit the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
These Instructions are published in the Canada Gazette, in accordance with subsection 87.3(6) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

These Instructions are given, pursuant to section 87.3 and subsections 92(1.1) and (2) by the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration as, in the opinion of the Minister, these Instructions will best support the attainment of the immigration goals established by the Government of Canada.

These Instructions are consistent with the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act objectives, as laid out in section 3, and are compliant with the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

Authority for these Ministerial Instructions is pursuant to section 87.3 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Instructions are directed to officers who are charged with handling and/or reviewing certain applications for temporary residence.

considerations:
Recognizing the declaration by the World Health Organization regarding the pandemic of COVID-19 (Coronavirus);

Recognizing also that the increased spread of the disease would pose an imminent and severe risk to public health in Canada;

Recognizing also that the entry of persons into Canada who have been in a foreign country may contribute to the spread of the disease in Canada;

Recognizing how the related response measures have reduced Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada’s capacity for processing applications, both in Canada and overseas;

Noting that Canada’s immigration objectives, as laid out in section 3 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, include the protection of the health and safety of Canadians; and

Recognizing that in order to meet the objective of protecting the health and safety of Canadians, these Instructions are to operate consistently with two Emergency Orders under the Quarantine Act: Minimizing the Risk of Exposure to COVID-19 in Canada Order (Prohibition of Entry into Canada from any Country other than the United States), and Minimizing the Risk of Exposure to COVID-19 in Canada Order (Prohibition of Entry into Canada from the United States), as well as the Interim Order to Prevent Certain Persons from Boarding Flights to Canada due to COVID-19, made pursuant to the Aeronautics Act. These Orders restrict travel to and entry to Canada.

To view the language of the Emergency Orders issued under the Quarantine Act, including details regarding foreign nationals whose entry to Canada is not prohibited by these Orders, please consult the Orders in Council online database. For the text of the Interim Order issued under the Aeronautics Act, please consult the webpage on the COVID-19 measures, updates, and guidance issued by Transport Canada.

This information is also published on the Canada Gazette.

scope
These Instructions apply to certain applications for Temporary Resident Visas, work permits, study permits, and Electronic Travel Authorizations (eTAs) received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before the coming into force of these Instructions, and in respect of which a final decision has not been made, and to certain new applications received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada on or after the coming into force of these Instructions.

Any categories for which Instructions are not specifically issued shall continue to be processed.

Applications Submitted from Outside Canada to be Submitted by Electronic Means - Temporary Residence
All applications for a Temporary Resident Visa (including a Transit Visa), a work permit, or a study permit submitted by foreign nationals who are outside Canada at the time of application must be submitted using electronic means (apply online).

A foreign national who, because of a disability is unable to meet a requirement to make an application, submit any document or provide a signature or information using electronic means, may do so by any other means that is made available or specified by the Minister for that purpose.

Temporary Suspension on Processing of Certain Applications for Temporary Resident Visas and Electronic Travel Authorizations for Visitors
Applications for Temporary Resident Visas for visitors that were received before the coming into force of these Instructions and in respect of which a final decision has not been made, and those that are received on or after the coming into force of the Instructions, will not be processed while these Instructions are in effect, unless they pertain to foreign nationals who are not prohibited from entering Canada or from boarding an aircraft for a flight to Canada, per the Emergency Orders under the Quarantine Act, and the Interim Order under the Aeronautics Act, referenced above.

Any eTA applications that require processing by any means other than the electronic automated system will not be processed while these Instructions are in effect, unless they pertain to foreign nationals who are not prohibited from entering Canada or from boarding an aircraft for a flight to Canada, per the Emergency Orders under the Quarantine Act, and the Interim Order under the Aeronautics Act referenced above.

Retention/Disposition
Applications received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada on or after the coming into force of the Instructions that were not submitted by electronic means, will not be accepted and processing fees will be returned, except in the case of foreign nationals who, for reason of disability, submit an application by any other means that is made available or specified by the Minister for that purpose.

Applications received electronically but otherwise subject to these Instructions that were received prior to the coming into force of the Instructions, and in respect of which a final decision has not been made, and those that are received on or after the coming into force, will be retained and processing fees shall not be returned, as these Instructions are temporary in nature.

effective period
These Instructions take effect on June 10, 2020 and expire on June 30, 2020.

Marco E.L. Mendicino, P.C., M.P.
Minister of Citizenship and Immigration
Dated at Ottawa, June 09, 2020