+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks
Can you please share the steps to apply for Canadian Passport once I get the citizenship certificate.
Some offices accept in-person applications. You'll need a guarantor and 2 references. The guarantor should fill in the guarantor section on the application form and sign the back of one photo and date it. The guarantor should also sign the copies of ID if you are submitting by mail.

Select the options here and follow the instructions =>

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/new-adult-passport/apply-how.html

For guarantor and reference information, check this =>

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-references-guarantors.html

PS: You need the original citizenship certificate to apply for a passport.

Good luck!

Reactions: AKS@1987

Dr Nonsky

Feb 9, 2016
Anybody else received a ghost update? Mine shows file was updated Aug 30 but everything remained the same. Submitted June 30 2020. BG check still in progress

Reactions: mrrobot

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Anybody else received a ghost update? Mine shows file was updated Aug 30 but everything remained the same. Submitted June 30 2020. BG check still in progress
I have a ghost update today 31st
Did you get any update after ghost update on 30th

Parnian1988

Jun 3, 2019
Toronto
Hope everybody is doing well.

I received an email from IRCC two days ago following completion of my citizenship test on July 26 stating:

"You are required to provide complete colour photocopies of all passports and/or travel documents that were valid during your five (5) year Eligibility Period*, even if now expired. You must provide a colour photocopy of every page (including blank pages without any stamps). *Your Eligibility Period is the five (5) year period preceding the date of your citizenship application. For example, if the date of your citizenship application was on July 15, 2021, your five (5) year Eligibility Period is
July 15, 2016 to July 15, 2021.

If you do not have a travel document or passport, please provide a written explanation."

I have a newer travel document that was issued to me January 2017. I had an older travel document and a Turkish passport that the Passport Office took from me when I wanted to renew my travel document.

My question: Do I have to explain that I no longer have access to that older travel document? How do I go about phrasing this properly?

Reactions: Pudoo

Georgesand

Oct 22, 2013
Hope everybody is doing well.

I received an email from IRCC two days ago following completion of my citizenship test on July 26 stating:

"You are required to provide complete colour photocopies of all passports and/or travel documents that were valid during your five (5) year Eligibility Period*, even if now expired. You must provide a colour photocopy of every page (including blank pages without any stamps). *Your Eligibility Period is the five (5) year period preceding the date of your citizenship application. For example, if the date of your citizenship application was on July 15, 2021, your five (5) year Eligibility Period is
July 15, 2016 to July 15, 2021.

If you do not have a travel document or passport, please provide a written explanation."

I have a newer travel document that was issued to me January 2017. I had an older travel document and a Turkish passport that the Passport Office took from me when I wanted to renew my travel document.

My question: Do I have to explain that I no longer have access to that older travel document? How do I go about phrasing this properly?
then send them the copies of your passport and write a letter that you no longer have the old passport because the embassy requested that you return it to them in order to renew your passport. (If that’s a standard procedure)

Reactions: Parnian1988