Med's Done....
12/09/2017
Passport Req..
26/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
29/11/2017
LANDED..........
30/11/2017
My status changed today . Everything is completed except Ceremony . Ceremony is not started yet.

my status on the top still saysYour citizenship application status: In progress.

when I check on tracker it says Decision made .

what will be the next step ?

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
Has anyone had to email their passport copies to the Scarborough office? If so, what was the email ID to which you had to send the documents?

I received an email asking for passport copies but was asked to send the physical copies by mail/courier. I did that two days ago - but my courier did not obtain the signature of the recipient, so i'm not 100% if the delivery happened... I'm looking to send a soft copy of the documents too, but the email ID from which I received the request letter states that the ID does not allow document submissions.

prash42

Jun 1, 2014
6 months have passed since I first pondered this question: should my wife renew her Indian passport expiring late September. During this time, I submitted FP, my wife and I received test invites, and our BG and test statuses are "Completed" as of earlier this month. Based on where we are today, my wife is inclined to just wait to get her Canadian passport, rather than renew her Indian passport.

Generally I'm uncomfortable with the idea of any family member not having a valid passport, even for brief periods, but I see her point. We're resigned to keeping Christmas travel restricted to Canada this year. Even if there's a family emergency (god forbid), I will likely be the person that travels, not she.

So here's the question: any Scarborough applicants who have waited, or expect to wait, longer than 4-5 months (after BG and test completed status) to get their Canadian passport in hand? Secondly, should we expect our kids to get their citizenship certificates simultaneously with our own?

Seems like the hoped for ramp up in online tests, post successful pilot, is not really happening? August 2020 applicant here, and wondering if it's pointless to hope for Canadian passports within the next 6-7 months. What are the latest predictions?

My wife's Indian passport expires in September this year, and I was really hoping to avoid applying for a renewal. Entire family's US visas expiring in a few months too. First world problems I suppose, but still annoying.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
6 months have passed since I first pondered this question: should my wife renew her Indian passport expiring late September. During this time, I submitted FP, my wife and I received test invites, and our BG and test statuses are "Completed" as of earlier this month. Based on where we are today, my wife is inclined to just wait to get her Canadian passport, rather than renew her Indian passport.

Generally I'm uncomfortable with the idea of any family member not having a valid passport, even for brief periods, but I see her point. We're resigned to keeping Christmas travel restricted to Canada this year. Even if there's a family emergency (god forbid), I will likely be the person that travels, not she.

So here's the question: any Scarborough applicants who have waited, or expect to wait, longer than 4-5 months (after BG and test completed status) to get their Canadian passport in hand? Secondly, should we expect our kids to get their citizenship certificates simultaneously with our own?
Depends on when you applied. Currently, September 2020 applicants are getting oath dates that are 5 months away (in Jan 2022). So, if you've just completed the test and you don't have "Decision Made" status yet, then (depending on when you applied) it is likely that you'll receive your oath date sometime after Jan 2022 in the Jan to March 2022 window. This is only an estimate, you might receive it sooner than this.

Yes, minor children will become citizens on the same day as parents.

Citizenship certificates might take up to 4 weeks after oath to be delivered depending on where you live and where your office is. You can apply for a Canadian passport after you receive the citizenship certificate.

Reactions: prash42

keyur sharma

Dec 3, 2016
Barrie
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1/07/2017
Doc's Request.
12/08/2017
Nomination.....
12/07/2017
AOR Received.
12/08/2017
IELTS Request
31/05/2017
Med's Request
12/08/2017
Med's Done....
12/09/2017
Passport Req..
26/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
29/11/2017
LANDED..........
30/11/2017
Old Tracker says decision made but new tracker shows application is still in process . (everything is completed except oath) .

Should I be worried ?

prash42

Jun 1, 2014
Thanks Raj. I applied in August 2020, but was under the impression that no longer matters. Assumed that my family has been moved to the Scarborough test completed queue as of 2 weeks back, and once DM happens (with or without PP pages request), we will then be move to the Scarborough DM queue waiting for oath.

In other words, currently it's not Sep 2020 applicants necessarily that are getting Jan 2022 oath dates, but all applicants who just moved to DM status. Does that logic hold, you think?

Depends on when you applied. Currently, September 2020 applicants are getting oath dates that are 5 months away (in Jan 2022). So, if you've just completed the test and you don't have "Decision Made" status yet, then (depending on when you applied) it is likely that you'll receive your oath date sometime after Jan 2022 in the Jan to March 2022 window. This is only an estimate, you might receive it sooner than this.

Yes, minor children will become citizens on the same day as parents.

Citizenship certificates might take up to 4 weeks after oath to be delivered depending on where you live and where your office is. You can apply for a Canadian passport after you receive the citizenship certificate.

keyur sharma

Dec 3, 2016
Barrie
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1/07/2017
Doc's Request.
12/08/2017
Nomination.....
12/07/2017
AOR Received.
12/08/2017
IELTS Request
31/05/2017
Med's Request
12/08/2017
Med's Done....
12/09/2017
Passport Req..
26/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
29/11/2017
LANDED..........
30/11/2017
There is no "Decision Made" status in the new dashboard
So u should not be worried and just wait for oath invitation? And how long does it take for oath invitation?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
So u should not be worried and just wait for oath invitation? And how long does it take for oath invitation?
Yes. You should check the spread and that'll answer the "how long" question. Currently, 2020 applicants are getting oath dates in December 2021 and Jan 2022. So, you might receive an oath date around that time.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks Raj. I applied in August 2020, but was under the impression that no longer matters. Assumed that my family has been moved to the Scarborough test completed queue as of 2 weeks back, and once DM happens (with or without PP pages request), we will then be move to the Scarborough DM queue waiting for oath.

In other words, currently it's not Sep 2020 applicants necessarily that are getting Jan 2022 oath dates, but all applicants who just moved to DM status. Does that logic hold, you think?
Yes. I used September 2020 applicants as a reference because there were multiple updates within a short period of time. So, going by that trend, you can expect something in Jan to March 2022 window.

salmbagjaf

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Scarborough office has scheduled me to take the oath on January 24th. I have to travel to the US in October and have told them about it and have asked for urgent processing many times. They just don't care. But how on earth are they getting away with this? Scheduling people to take citizenship oath 5 months from now! Are they that stupid? I might not even be alive in 5 months. God damn these stupid people.

Reactions: betteka and tgman

Dr Nonsky

Feb 9, 2016
Scarborough office has scheduled me to take the oath on January 24th. I have to travel to the US in October and have told them about it and have asked for urgent processing many times. They just don't care. But how on earth are they getting away with this? Scheduling people to take citizenship oath 5 months from now! Are they that stupid? I might not even be alive in 5 months. God damn these stupid people.
Haha Bro be grateful. I am. June 2020 Scarborough applicant and my BG check is still in progress. No idea when I will receive test email let alone oath.