+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

kurdi12

Jul 8, 2019
Hey guys ! I applied for an urgent process last Sunday (July 25th). My citizenship test was July 24th and i cannot believe that happened they updated my progress in one day. Now my citizenship test " completed"... .i believe they accepted my urgent process request.. what do you think about it?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey guys ! I applied for an urgent process last Sunday (July 25th). My citizenship test was July 24th and i cannot believe that happened they updated my progress in one day. Now my citizenship test " completed"... .i believe they accepted my urgent process request.. what do you think about it?
We can't be sure in this case because test status is, in most cases, updated within 1 or 2 days (even with normal processing timelines). I'd suggest that you wait for more progress (like a quick DM/Oath) to confirm if your UP request was updated.

Reactions: kurdi12

hallooo

Apr 6, 2021
my test result was updated in a day to complete. normal processing.

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
I was actually too late to apply for urgent processing. I have my eye on a federal position that is closing on August 4th, 2021 and I would really like to apply for this position. I sent an urgent processing request yesterday via webform. Today, I called the call center and the agent asked me to send documents by mail to the Mississauga office. I told him the office is literally like 10 minutes away from home and I can drop it off but he said unfortunately, I'd have to mail it and I can't drop it off :-(. So, I have booked express package via UPS and the documents will reach them tomorrow morning (before 10:30 AM).

This position fits me perfectly and I have all the necessary qualifications to apply (except Canadian citizenship).

I mailed the following :

The job posting highlighting all the qualifications it needs (including Canadian citizenship)

A request letter explaining why I need urgent processing (and included my UCI and Application Number)
A copy of my latest resume showing my title and my responsibilities (to prove I am actually eligible for this job)
My degree (that is required for the job)
My WES report (Canadian equivalency) to prove that my foreign degree is equivalent to the degree required in the job
I marked the envelope with "CITIZENSHIP GRANT - URGENT PROCESSING" so that they look at it with priority.

I am like 95% sure that they won't act on this (that's the reason why I haven't updated the September 2020 thread yet or my status/spreadsheet) and even if they do, it won't be on time but that 5% sliver of hope pushed me to submit an urgent processing request. I genuinely want to apply for this position so bad but there is nothing else I can do but hope that they accept this request and somehow miraculously make me a citizen before that.

Any idea if the documents I sent them will suffice?
You are too optimistic. I am a little disappointed in your professionalism.

Because I think you have responded to almost all the posts, I think you are already an expert in this area.

If "urgent processing" exists, I think it will not exceed 0.5%.

--------------------------------------
According to the immigration department, the number of citizenship applications in the backlog has ballooned from 208,000 at the onset of the pandemic in March 2020 to more than 374,100 as of the end of April of this year. Some 109,750 applicants are waiting for a virtual citizenship test and 17,300 for an online citizenship ceremony. The rest were in the early stage of the process.

No more than 500 of these 109,750 people can get urgent processing.

Another data that supports my claim is
  • We issued 1,745,340 passports – that’s 7,009 each business day.
  • 5,915 emergency travel documents were issued.

Although this is Australian data, it can be found that only 0.3% of the cases have been dealt with urgently.

According to the IRCC processing speed we learned in the forum. They cannot handle 5000 "urgent processing".

Of course, I wish you good luck.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
You are too optimistic. I am a little disappointed in your professionalism.

Because I think you have responded to almost all the posts, I think you are already an expert in this area.

If "urgent processing" exists, I think it will not exceed 0.5%.

According to the immigration department, the number of citizenship applications in the backlog has ballooned from 208,000 at the onset of the pandemic in March 2020 to more than 374,100 as of the end of April of this year. Some 109,750 applicants are waiting for a virtual citizenship test and 17,300 for an online citizenship ceremony. The rest were in the early stage of the process.

No more than 500 of these 109,750 people can get urgent processing.

Another data that supports my claim is
  • We issued 1,745,340 passports – that’s 7,009 each business day.
  • 5,915 emergency travel documents were issued.

Although this is Australian data, it can be found that only 0.3% of the cases have been dealt with urgently.

According to the IRCC processing speed we learned in the forum. They cannot handle 5000 "urgent processing".

Of course, I wish you good luck.
I wonder how " 95% sure that they won't act on this " constitutes "too optimistic" ? This was a last minute attempt - I should have sent this request sooner but I came to know about this opportunity just now and acted upon it immediately. My documents have reached the IRCC Mississauga office via express courier 20 minutes back.

I am no expert but yes, I know VERY WELL that Urgent Processing applications are "rarely" accepted. But I had to try - I mean, what do I lose by trying? The WORST thing that can happen is Mississauga office doesn't accept my UP request. The best thing that happens is they accept the request and expedite my application. There is no in-between.

If they don't accept it, live moves on without change and I'll try to apply for this position later when it comes up (it'll suck but hey, what can we do?). If they do accept this Urgent Processing request (miraculously), I will be have a shot of applying for this job I really want.

I am not getting my hopes high on this one but who knows what they might decide. Fingers crossed and thanks for your response.

Reactions: Abhishek901

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
I was actually too late to apply for urgent processing. I have my eye on a federal position that is closing on August 4th, 2021 and I would really like to apply for this position. I sent an urgent processing request yesterday via webform. Today, I called the call center and the agent asked me to send documents by mail to the Mississauga office. I told him the office is literally like 10 minutes away from home and I can drop it off but he said unfortunately, I'd have to mail it and I can't drop it off :-(. So, I have booked express package via UPS and the documents will reach them tomorrow morning (before 10:30 AM).

This position fits me perfectly and I have all the necessary qualifications to apply (except Canadian citizenship).

I mailed the following :

The job posting highlighting all the qualifications it needs (including Canadian citizenship)

A request letter explaining why I need urgent processing (and included my UCI and Application Number)
A copy of my latest resume showing my title and my responsibilities (to prove I am actually eligible for this job)
My degree (that is required for the job)
My WES report (Canadian equivalency) to prove that my foreign degree is equivalent to the degree required in the job
I marked the envelope with "CITIZENSHIP GRANT - URGENT PROCESSING" so that they look at it with priority.

I am like 95% sure that they won't act on this (that's the reason why I haven't updated the September 2020 thread yet or my status/spreadsheet) and even if they do, it won't be on time but that 5% sliver of hope pushed me to submit an urgent processing request. I genuinely want to apply for this position so bad but there is nothing else I can do but hope that they accept this request and somehow miraculously make me a citizen before that.

Any idea if the documents I sent them will suffice?
These should be sufficient - but it all depends on your case officer to think if this is a reason that your file shall be dealt urgently. In addition, Mississauga's oath still seems to be happening at a tremendously slow speed, that might also be a factor to impact this process as well.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
These should be sufficient - but it all depends on your case officer to think if this is a reason that your file shall be dealt urgently. In addition, Mississauga's oath still seems to be happening at a tremendously slow speed, that might also be a factor to impact this process as well.
Yup. Thank you!

They have a great level of discretion on the matter. My documents have reached them around 10:30 AM today via mail.

Let's see, fingers crossed.

Last edited:

rooppj

Jul 26, 2021
I had my oath done on Monday July 19th 2021 and received my certificate in the post on Friday. That was so quick couldn’t believe it.
Hello can you please let me know what documents do we need for the oath ceremony and whats the process?

betteka

Dec 11, 2015
I had my oath done on Monday July 19th 2021 and received my certificate in the post on Friday. That was so quick couldn’t believe it.
May you share your test date and location? Also will the oath invitation sent by mail or email?

Last edited:

Cherry1234

Sep 24, 2015
My Tracker updated today saying i had been scheduled for my Oath ceremony on October 7th!! so long away! I had decision made on July 19th. I am hoping they send an oath invite for an earlier date but I am not holding my breath. Any one here had a scheduled date that has been changed after the fact? I didn't get an email I am assuming I wont until a week before.

artin2015

Oct 4, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
23 aug 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 24 2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2017
My Tracker updated today saying i had been scheduled for my Oath ceremony on October 7th!! so long away! I had decision made on July 19th. I am hoping they send an oath invite for an earlier date but I am not holding my breath. Any one here had a scheduled date that has been changed after the fact? I didn't get an email I am assuming I wont until a week before.
Congrats
At least you got it mine before you and didn't get even decision made yet
I applied March 2019

betteka

Dec 11, 2015
Did you get your oath invitation by mail or email? Still waiting for mine since passed my test on June 18, 2021.

Ash201288

Aug 10, 2019
May you share your test date and location? Also will the oath invitation sent by mail or email?
I had my test done in January 2020 in person my file has been all completed since October 2020 I was just waiting for oath ceremony which I got an email on July 14th 2021 to take oath on July 19th 2021 and it’s Scarborough office