+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

Cherry1234

Sep 24, 2015
I honestly don't understand why the applications aren't processed in the order that they are received. I do understand that some are more complicated than others but being a 2019 applicant and seeing applicants from 2020 already taking their oath really annoys me... This system is not fair at all. If someone can explain it to me that would be great.

renesa05

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I honestly don't understand why the applications aren't processed in the order that they are received. I do understand that some are more complicated than others but being a 2019 applicant and seeing applicants from 2020 already taking their oath really annoys me... This system is not fair at all. If someone can explain it to me that would be great.
And I applied July 2019 , didn’t even get test invite yet.

Ash201288

Aug 10, 2019
I had my oath done on Monday July 19th 2021 and received my certificate in the post on Friday. That was so quick couldn’t believe it.

kurdi12

Jul 8, 2019
Hope everyone is doing well. So guys! I passed my citizenship test last Saturday! i applied to urgent process because my daughter live in Texas . She is only 3 years old and i have never seen my daughter since she born. Because about her mom attitudes. Anyway she invited me to see my daughter finally in LA for one week.. that's why I applied urgent process. Last night i fiil up the webform and submitted their flight tickets and wrote a explanation of letter about my reason.
Just i want to know anyone has applied urgent process after the citizenship test? And how long is taking time? I really appreciate your helps

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Hope everyone is doing well. So guys! I passed my citizenship test last Saturday! i applied to urgent process because my daughter live in Texas . She is only 3 years old and i have never seen my daughter since she born. Because about her mom attitudes. Anyway she invited me to see my daughter finally in LA for one week.. that's why I applied urgent process. Last night i fiil up the webform and submitted their flight tickets and wrote a explanation of letter about my reason.
Just i want to know anyone has applied urgent process after the citizenship test? And how long is taking time? I really appreciate your helps
Not to disappoint but I applied urgent processing after my test back in February and it still took me 3 months after that to complete the oath. In addition I have seen Scarborough applicants have their oaths scheduled well into September. I think at the end of the day it all depends on how the officer thinks about the urgency and your justification. It is possible that they put your file on hold and tell you to do the oath after you come back.

Reactions: kurdi12

kurdi12

Jul 8, 2019
Not to disappoint but I applied urgent processing after my test back in February and it still took me 3 months after that to complete the oath. In addition I have seen Scarborough applicants have their oaths scheduled well into September. I think at the end of the day it all depends on how the officer thinks about the urgency and your justification. It is possible that they put your file on hold and tell you to do the oath after you come back.
If you don't mind could you tell me please what was the your reason? And did you submit any proof or documents? I'm waiting it since March 2019. :)

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
If you don't mind could you tell me please what was the your reason? And did you submit any proof or documents? I'm waiting it since March 2019. :)
It was for job reasons, I have attached proofs with it. I'm so sorry that you are still waiting.. but you should be getting there! I'm an April 2019 applicant.

Reactions: kurdi12

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
It was for job reasons, I have attached proofs with it. I'm so sorry that you are still waiting.. but you should be getting there! I'm an April 2019 applicant.
I was actually too late to apply for urgent processing. I have my eye on a federal position that is closing on August 4th, 2021 and I would really like to apply for this position. I sent an urgent processing request yesterday via webform. Today, I called the call center and the agent asked me to send documents by mail to the Mississauga office. I told him the office is literally like 10 minutes away from home and I can drop it off but he said unfortunately, I'd have to mail it and I can't drop it off :-(. So, I have booked express package via UPS and the documents will reach them tomorrow morning (before 10:30 AM).

This position fits me perfectly and I have all the necessary qualifications to apply (except Canadian citizenship).

I mailed the following :

The job posting highlighting all the qualifications it needs (including Canadian citizenship)

A request letter explaining why I need urgent processing (and included my UCI and Application Number)
A copy of my latest resume showing my title and my responsibilities (to prove I am actually eligible for this job)
My degree (that is required for the job)
My WES report (Canadian equivalency) to prove that my foreign degree is equivalent to the degree required in the job
I marked the envelope with "CITIZENSHIP GRANT - URGENT PROCESSING" so that they look at it with priority.

I am like 95% sure that they won't act on this (that's the reason why I haven't updated the September 2020 thread yet or my status/spreadsheet) and even if they do, it won't be on time but that 5% sliver of hope pushed me to submit an urgent processing request. I genuinely want to apply for this position so bad but there is nothing else I can do but hope that they accept this request and somehow miraculously make me a citizen before that.

Any idea if the documents I sent them will suffice?

Last edited:
Reactions: Abhishek901

masyanya

May 25, 2021
I had my oath done on Monday July 19th 2021 and received my certificate in the post on Friday. That was so quick couldn’t believe it.
Hello :) Could you please tell how how did it take to complete the oath? I know it says 3 hours, but was hoping just to take only 2 hours off work. Thanks!