+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

elwaver

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
For those who already received their citizenship certificate, what is the effective date of citizenship indicated on it? Is it the same as the date of the ceremony or something different?

Reactions: nicolass

Shoukat Halani

Star Member
Sep 6, 2014
Hello Dear Members:

I am applying to renew PR card of myself, wife, and son. I have to travel plan on Nov 26.

My Situation: My son date of birth is April 29, 2003 and we immigrated to Canada on Jun 19, 2016; the age of my son at the time of landing was 13 years and two months approx.

I have confusion about the following para. Will this following para applicable in my situation:

Biometrics
Most PR card applicants do not need to give biometrics.

However, you’ll need to give your biometrics and pay the biometrics fee if
  • you were less than 14 years old when we received your application for permanent residence and you applied for permanent residence on or after July 31, 2018, AND
  • you’re now older than 14 years old and are applying for a new permanent resident card, a replacement or a renewal
In a nutshell, will my son give biometric?

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
Hello Dear Members:

I am applying to renew PR card of myself, wife, and son. I have to travel plan on Nov 26.

My Situation: My son date of birth is April 29, 2003 and we immigrated to Canada on Jun 19, 2016; the age of my son at the time of landing was 13 years and two months approx.

I have confusion about the following para. Will this following para applicable in my situation:

Biometrics
Most PR card applicants do not need to give biometrics.

However, you’ll need to give your biometrics and pay the biometrics fee if
  • you were less than 14 years old when we received your application for permanent residence and you applied for permanent residence on or after July 31, 2018, AND
  • you’re now older than 14 years old and are applying for a new permanent resident card, a replacement or a renewal
In a nutshell, will my son give biometric?
Evidently, the PR application was not on or after July 31, 2018

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
At least 2 other people reported oath date in October, I think. The dates are sure far off but I guess at least this long journey is ending right? So, make the best out of this situation and see this in positive light - you'll never have to deal with any of this ever again.

All the best!
What does "UP documents" mean, on your signature?

UP documents mailed to MIS: July 27 '21 | UP req. denied: July 28 '21

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks.

I see you are 1 month past the test and follows the situation closely. Do you have any expectation for when you will get Interview/Oath Scheduling?
Well, I'm expecting DM first because that's the next logical first. Oath comes after that. Hopefully, I'll receive a DM in the next 2 to 3 weeks and oath before September ends or October latest but that's only a guess. I don't know the timelines anymore :) .