+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

Canadianthisyear

Nov 8, 2022
Guys please correct me if I am wrong not able to get clarity. So test was marked completed on 20Sep. And LPP was marked completed on Dec 12 and citizenship ceremony says not started. No email for oath or any information . So should I wait for the date update or I call them and ask ? Or is there a problem with my case because some people got info about oath as soon as they saw LPP complete . Please advise
I got the oath date 10 days after LPP was completed and was able to see it 10 more days later

write2vicky

Star Member
Nov 16, 2013
Different than what I was told. In our ceremony, the head clerk said that only write the name of the registration clerk in the email subject line.
Oath email says write -- Oath form for "<Application Number>,<Family Name>"
During Oath, clerk mentioned that you have to mentioned my name as well and it will save the time because email will be routed to him by their staff.
So I joined both and sent. I have got certificate today(within 4 days of Oath). SCR office is really going fast.

pripri14

Star Member
Nov 17, 2022
During Oath, clerk mentioned that you have to mentioned my name as well and it will save the time because email will be routed to him by their staff.
So I joined both and sent. I have got certificate today(within 4 days of Oath). SCR office is really going fast.
It's nice to read the line "SCR office is really going fast"! :) Congratulations on getting your certificate!!! Happy Holidays!

karem abd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018
It's nice to read the line "SCR office is really going fast"!  Congratulations on getting your certificate!!! Happy Holidays!

It looks like SCR office doesn't like us the people who applied in November AOR February and test August still stuck with the ghost update from October they processing everyone before and after us except us

Reactions: Neha_shah

summerxx

Jun 12, 2016
It looks like SCR office doesn't like us the people who applied in November AOR February and test August still stuck with the ghost update from October they processing everyone before and after us except us
Don't lose faith....I'm with you, Jan 2022 paper applicant. No progress since test completed in Sep.
Hopefully progress comes with the new year.

ashvez

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Today, finished my oath virtually through Mississauga office. Our clerk mentioned to give the file number and her name . Although I am also putting my last name. I hope we get the certificate before the holidays begin.
Anyone would know how many days will the IRCC be off for ? Will they work on 28 and 29Dec?

ashvez

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Wow! that is amazing! Congratulations. Hope Mississauga office also works as fast as Scarborough Office.

Reactions: write2vicky

Canadianthisyear

Nov 8, 2022
Today, finished my oath virtually through Mississauga office. Our clerk mentioned to give the file number and her name . Although I am also putting my last name. I hope we get the certificate before the holidays begin.
Anyone would know how many days will the IRCC be off for ? Will they work on 28 and 29Dec?
apparently they will, I have the oath on Dec 29

Reactions: ashvez

pripri14

Star Member
Nov 17, 2022
Hey I just got a ghost update today (Dec 16th) and all my old completed steps starting from AOR are coming up as "New Update", not sure what this means though.

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Hey I just got a ghost update today (Dec 16th) and all my old completed steps starting from AOR are coming up as "New Update", not sure what this means though.
@pripri14: hi, my tracker also updated late last night (Dec 16th) with my oath ceremony changed from ‘not started’ to ‘in progress’ and with a scheduled date for oath.
I think you probably did have an update on your application that the system picked up, even if the items look the same. I would email IRCC and use this system glitch as an opportunity to find out more about your application status:
Dear IRCC agent/officer,
I noticed that my online application tracker states that my application was updated on December 16, 2022. However, the update is not showing up.
Please kindly let me know the update of my application and if I’m on queue for an oath ceremony soon.
Thank you,
….
That’s would I would do under the circumstance.
It doesn’t hurt to try from this angle.
Take care.

Last edited:
Reactions: ashvez and pripri14