+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

Oralinux

Sep 30, 2022
After a long wait(test on Feb 18, 2022 - January 2021 Family Applicant) my wife and I got the following, one more step further from the SCR office:

When should I receive the invite? And how long will it take to the finish line, after the interview?
Hi @antalya

Any update with your case. I received same email two days ago and I am wondering if you have received any instruction email from Immigration and Citizenship office AND what was the reason and outcome of this interview.

vonsterfit

Aug 2, 2019
Here's my timeline: Scarborough Office

June 2019 Application (i know LOL)

Exam completed : March 28, 2022
IRCC requested me to send them photocopies of my passport: May 2022
Interview: Aug 22, 2022
Physical presence, prohibitions, and language skills completed: Aug 23, 2022
Citizenship Oath (In progress): Aug 23, 2022
Scheduled for Oath: Sept 7, 2022 (i had to call IRCC in the morning and asked about the email, i mentioned i was getting anxious as the ceremony is getting closer and the email is still nowhere to be found. Agent says she will contact the officer assigned to my file and then 2 hours later, i got the formal email invitation)
Oath Ceremony: Sept 15, 2022
Certificate received: Sept 23, 2022
Applied for Passport (Urgent Processing): Sept 29, 2022
Passport available for pickup: Oct 10, 2022

Last edited:

kari1133

Aug 15, 2021
Hi Everyone,

Here are my timelines:
Application type: Online
AOR: Nov 25, 2021
Background Completed: April 19, 2022

Test Invite Office : IRCC Scarborough

Citizenship Test Invite : April 29, 2022
Citizenship Test Taken: May 13, 2022
Citizenship Test updated to Complete: May 16, 2022
Last updated: May 17, 2022
Application Status: In progress

I believe it has passed the normal number of months for oath ceremony within 3-4 months (usual time from IRCC) of test completion. Someone mentioned to write a mail to Scarborough office and there was an update on the application. May someone kindly share the email (not the one with auto reply) or the steps to contact them to get a positive response or update on the app?

FYI: Family paper application applied in May 22 and scheduled for oath in Oct 22, so wondering to check.

Many Thanks :)
We are in the same boat. Exactly the same dates as you. Online applicant. Called the ircc number recently and all they said was to wait

Reactions: sahilsid

UnleashedFX

Oct 21, 2016
Hi Evergreen_3034,

Only the test and background check is completed rest everything seems to be still in progress. There weren't any more updates after test was marked as completed.

Thanks
I am in the same boat, please let us know what the office replies once you send them the email. I may do the same because I have not heard anything after my test was marked completed at the end of April.

Reactions: Evergreen_3034

Jim6056

Feb 11, 2017
Guys, Any idea when the decision will be made on my application? Here is my timeline:

Citizenship Application:
Application type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1096
Application sent and received: Sept 7, 2021
AOR: Nov 23, 2021
Citizenship application status: In progress: Nov 23, 2021
Background Completed: May 27, 2022

Processing Office: IRCC Vancouver
Test Invite Office: IRCC Scarborough

Citizenship Test Invite: April 12, 2022
Citizenship Test Window: April 15, 2022 - May 05, 2022
Citizenship Test Taken: April 15, 2022
Citizenship Test updated to Complete: April 19, 2022

Application Last Updated: May 30, 2022

sahilsid

May 16, 2016
I am in the same boat, please let us know what the office replies once you send them the email. I may do the same because I have not heard anything after my test was marked completed at the end of April.
Looking at the reply above yours, calling IRCC comes down to the same standard reply of waiting. I believe we can see some movement in apps from Mar-May test completion, so I would suggest to wait for sometime more. I think they'll ultimately delete our email if we send to enquire for updates and not action them if they are not test/oath reschedule related.

Reactions: UnleashedFX

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
We cannot come to conclusions, that background check is not completed since it's not updated in the system. I know a friends his criminally check was not updated fir two years, but based on gcrms it was completed within few days. Same with mine it did not get updated soon after its completed. SCR office officers are assoles. How come they can process the 2021, 2022 apllications while 2019, 2020 applicants are waiting ? Those who are waiting is not due to criminal records or frequent travels. It's simply due to file end up with assoles
Thats sad

Reactions: Farah2018

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Have you ever lived in Vancouver?

Mine is similar case. I got test invite from Mississauga office where I currently live. My file was transferred to Scarborough probably because I originally landed / lived there. So oath invitation was sent by Scarborough office.
I have always lived in Brampton and still my application is being processed by Scarborough office. Don’t know how this system works.

Reactions: Farah2018

vonsterfit

Aug 2, 2019
I have always lived in Brampton and still my application is being processed by Scarborough office. Don’t know how this system works.
To make you guys feel a bit better on your applications, I was a June 2019 applicant. I just got my citizenship on Sept 15, 2022. I was so close to just give it up and maybe start a new process but yes it finally came. It'll come very soon.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
To make you guys feel a bit better on your applications, I was a June 2019 applicant. I just got my citizenship on Sept 15, 2022. I was so close to just give it up and maybe start a new process but yes it finally came. It'll come very soon.
Congratulations and all the best for the new chapter of life. I really hope that the citizenship process gets completed. Everyone waiting to be the citizen should get their process completed effectively and efficiently without any delay.

Last edited: