FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Are you coming back to canada or going out of canada on Oct 2? You’ll not be able to travel w/o Valid PR card
My PR card expiration date is Oct 2nd. It's still valid on that day until midnight.

naseryas

Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
12-MAR-2016
I had my interview in early September. Officer didn't like the fact that I was outside Canada since August 2019. Asked why and I answered. Asked for a proof that im going to live in Canada. Hit me then with residency questionnaire form. Today I sent the documents. Anyone with similar experience? This didn't sound promising to me. I thought "intention to reside" isn't required anymore.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
I had my interview in early September. Officer didn't like the fact that I was outside Canada since August 2019. Asked why and I answered. Asked for a proof that im going to live in Canada. Hit me then with residency questionnaire form. Today I sent the documents. Anyone with similar experience? This didn't sound promising to me. I thought "intention to reside" isn't required anymore.
Our applications tend to be put on hold until we get back. They didn't say this during the interview but I get this feeling.
For example, they put my friend's file on hold for 4 years until he got back last month. He got DM 1 week after landing and oath 2 weeks after.
So I decided to go back next week.
You've been outside for 3 years? Make sure you keep PR before oath (2 years minimum).

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think intention to reside was required when you applied.

General66

Jan 25, 2022
The first background check request was in July 2020. And second one request was exactly 3 days before my interview. But just let you know, as soon as I received a new update for my interview, i didn’t wait for them . I applied to renew my fingerprint without their request. Because I knew So well my fingerprint has been expired snd should be renewed. As soon as update for an interview, I applied for fingerprint and rcmp sent the results to them. In during the interview, officer asked me, did u do you’d fingerprint? I told him , yes I have done and results will be sent you . He said ok good
@nikta , we are on the same boat after my interview was told I would receive an email for finger print request since the 1st FP as expired but my concern is should I wait for the email or go ahead and send them the FP?

Reactions: nikta

General66

Jan 25, 2022
Hi everyone, I need your suggestions. I was told at the interview that my fingerprint as expired last month and I would be getting a 2nd FP request in the email. My question is how long does it take for them to send the 2nd FP request or should I go ahead and send them the FP before receiving the email?

nikta

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
@nikta , we are on the same boat after my interview was told I would receive an email for finger print request since the 1st FP as expired but my concern is should I wait for the email or go ahead and send them the FP?
I didn’t wait for their email. I recommend you, do it and send it . Because definitely they need renewal fingerprints. 3 weeks ago I had interview. Yesterday I checked my status. My background check changed from in progress to complete.

Reactions: hemeda2