+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

icykool23

Star Member
Dec 11, 2016
Hi guys,

i have been following this group religously and you have some really good insight and observation regarding approaching the IRCC.
I am in a dilemma. I finished my interview on 26th March and got DM on 27th March. However, I am heavily pregnant with high risk. I have waited 3 weeks for oath and my condition isnt getting better, plus the healthcare here isnt being supportive, I cant seem to find a gynaecologist to treat me regularly due to Covid, (i constantly require weekly scans, IV and injections), so I need to travel out to receive the care I need from my previous gynaecologist in UAE.
I really dont want to travel before oath as its hard for me to travel back once I deliver etc etc, but I am toying with the idea of emailing my interview officer and explaining my situation, if there is anyway my oath can be expedited through him. I am just afraid of it backfiring and my oath further getting delayed..
I would really love to hear your sincere advise on what you would do in my place, or any alternative you can suggest apart from delaying my oath process.
It is not advised to travel in the present condition i.e. high risk plus pandemic. Best is for you to reschedule the oath once you get it. This will also relieve you from the stress of waiting for the oath. It will be much safer to travel later in the year for two reasons, one, pandemic will be better; two, it is somewhat easier to travel with baby, from our own experience.

Please note that your gynaecologist may also advise against traveling.. My two cents.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
It is not advised to travel in the present condition i.e. high risk plus pandemic. Best is for you to reschedule the oath once you get it. This will also relieve you from the stress of waiting for the oath. It will be much safer to travel later in the year for two reasons, one, pandemic will be better; two, it is somewhat easier to travel with baby than a toddler.
But the OP mentioned that she is of high risk at the moment and not getting enough medical support. I think it's the best to contact the agent ASAP. The situation warrants an urgent oath of compassionate grounds.

icykool23

Star Member
Dec 11, 2016
But the OP mentioned that she is of high risk at the moment and not getting enough medical support. I think it's the best to contact the agent ASAP. The situation warrants an urgent oath of compassionate grounds.
So one wants to travel out of country in the middle of pandemic to get medical support they need? Maybe I am missing something here

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
So one wants to travel out of country in the middle of pandemic to get medical support they need? Maybe I am missing something here
That's what the OP mentioned... but I agree with you it is NOT worth the risk to travel to UAE to get medical support with pregnancy of high risk.

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Congratulate to both of you!!! Super happy for you guys!

I think mine will come next week :D
You are next ! Any moment, still full 3 working days this week !

SSA36

Apr 2, 2021
Hi, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. Let me tell you a bit more about my experience with the care I have received since I have arrived.
I was in Dubai past few months so I could receive the regular care required since this wasnt a normal pregnancy. My scans were weekly, bloodwork every 36 hours to monitor a huge clot and thyroid. Having been called for the citizenship test I travelled within 2 days to Canada 2 months ago, and my gynaecologist advised me to do a scan as soon as I arrived as I have a huge hematoma clot that could lead to a miscarriage at any point. When I reached here I tried booking appointments and they told me the next one was available in 5 weeks. I wanted to do hormone bloodwork and could only get an appointment 4 weeks later, followed by results being a week late, followed by no consultation up till now. I understand the medical care here is being stretched due to Covid, but neither do I want to risk my child, having miscarried once already here at Mackanzie last year, due to insufficient medication prescribed by the nurse, which they admitted to.
I wouldnt mind waiting it out if I knew I could receive some care incase there is an emergency, but it seems very rare to find that here now.

i am not complaining about the healthcare, just sharing my experience and my fears since I havent had a proper consultation or scan till now (2 months plus), I just needed advise if approaching my officer would help in anyway, or should I just wait it out for another week.
Since my health is not at its best, traveling to receive better care (tried and tested) is the best option for my child and me.

icykool23

Star Member
Dec 11, 2016
Hi, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. Let me tell you a bit more about my experience with the care I have received since I have arrived.
I was in Dubai past few months so I could receive the regular care required since this wasnt a normal pregnancy. My scans were weekly, bloodwork every 36 hours to monitor a huge clot and thyroid. Having been called for the citizenship test I travelled within 2 days to Canada 2 months ago, and my gynaecologist advised me to do a scan as soon as I arrived as I have a huge hematoma clot that could lead to a miscarriage at any point. When I reached here I tried booking appointments and they told me the next one was available in 5 weeks. I wanted to do hormone bloodwork and could only get an appointment 4 weeks later, followed by results being a week late, followed by no consultation up till now. I understand the medical care here is being stretched due to Covid, but neither do I want to risk my child, having miscarried once already here at Mackanzie last year, due to insufficient medication prescribed by the nurse, which they admitted to.
I wouldnt mind waiting it out if I knew I could receive some care incase there is an emergency, but it seems very rare to find that here now.

i am not complaining about the healthcare, just sharing my experience and my fears since I havent had a proper consultation or scan till now (2 months plus), I just needed advise if approaching my officer would help in anyway, or should I just wait it out for another week.
Since my health is not at its best, traveling to receive better care (tried and tested) is the best option for my child and me.
My apologies as one knows their situation better than anyone else. I just pointed it out as officer reviewing the request may think the same; therefore the applicant best prepare their urgent request to leave little to no room for further questioning from the officer. Just trying to help each other out..

Reactions: SSA36

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015

I don't think it hurts to ask but keep in mind that you'd still have to wait for the certificate and then the passport so you'd probably still be at least a month out so if you're "heavily pregnant" that may be too late. I'm surprised your original health care provider let you fly with a huge blood clot. If you had an appointment 5 weeks after arriving you should be getting care by now right?

SSA36

Apr 2, 2021
My apologies as one knows their situation better than anyone else. I just pointed it out as officer reviewing the request may think the same; therefore the applicant best prepare their urgent request to leave little to no room for further questioning from the office. Just trying to help each other out..
I Absolutely agree, and thats what crossed my mind when I read your post on what my situation sounds like. I will try to attach all my reports and hoping they consider my request. If not, atleast I tried :(.
Still mulling over how to present my case to them.

Reactions: icykool23

SSA36

Apr 2, 2021
I don't think it hurts to ask but keep in mind that you'd still have to wait for the certificate and then the passport so you'd probably still be at least a month out so if you're "heavily pregnant" that may be too late. I'm surprised your original health care provider let you fly with a huge blood clot. If you had an appointment 5 weeks after arriving you should be getting care by now right?
Nope, they did they blood test and havent called back with a proper consultation appointment till now.

icykool23

Star Member
Dec 11, 2016
Nope, they did they blood test and havent called back with a proper consultation appointment till now.
Just state all the facts and also mention the current pandemic situation where healthcare system is clogged and there may be future delays in receiving urgent healthcare. Hopefully, that should be sufficient and a peace of mind that you gave it a shot.

Normally Sunnybrook has gynae department dealing with high risk. May want to call them to see if they can give urgent care as required.

Reactions: SSA36