+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS

EEAspirant

Jun 24, 2018
I'm confused with the application process to IQAS.

#1. I have done BSc from university of Mumbai, MSc from Bangalore University and a postgraduate diploma from a private institute. Any idea if I will get points for masters or will it be considered as two or more degrees?
#2. My BSc transcripts were oddly handed over to me as it is, not even in an envelope. Now that i dontd have a university sealed envelope, can i still send it to iqas?

#3. Should I add each of the three degrees in three different envelopes and then put them in one big envelope and send?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
I'm confused with the application process to IQAS.

#1. I have done BSc from university of Mumbai, MSc from Bangalore University and a postgraduate diploma from a private institute. Any idea if I will get points for masters or will it be considered as two or more degrees?
#2. My BSc transcripts were oddly handed over to me as it is, not even in an envelope. Now that i dontd have a university sealed envelope, can i still send it to iqas?

#3. Should I add each of the three degrees in three different envelopes and then put them in one big envelope and send?
1. It will be "two or more certificates"
2. Get back to your university, ask for an university envelope, Then get it sealed and stamped on back side. IQAS will not accept open transcripts. It should look legit.

EEAspirant

Jun 24, 2018
Oh my. Im not in Mumbai right now. I have heard that IQAS is more lenient than WES, so there is greater chance of masters being evaluated as such?
Is sending bachelor's degree and transcript mandatory even if i have a mast

n the worst case scenario, if I'm not able to get the the sealed envelopes?

1. It will be "two or more certificates"
2. Get back to your university, ask for an university envelope, Then get it sealed and stamped on back side. IQAS will not accept open transcripts. It should look legit.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Oh my. Im not in Mumbai right now. I have heard that IQAS is more lenient than WES, so there is greater chance of masters being evaluated as such?
Is sending bachelor's degree and transcript mandatory even if i have a mast

n the worst case scenario, if I'm not able to get the the sealed envelopes?
Its a myth, How come you think two Canadian agencies will evaluate same degrees differently and that too IRCC will accept.

Only MBA, MCA, MTECH are considered Masters in Canada. (except BALLB, BDS, MBBS etc)

If I were you, i will visit University admin or information counter or any body in non-teaching department and will ask for an envelope. Then will seal them with a gum and will request anyone to stamp it with university stamp. Very easy for me. I did it for KU.

EEAspirant

Jun 24, 2018
That was confusing for me too, but I have heard this being repeated many times, so just wanted to confirm. I will call the University, but in the meantime, would it be possible to send someone else in my place with a letter of authority, or something?

Its a myth, How come you think two Canadian agencies will evaluate same degrees differently and that too IRCC will accept.

Only MBA, MCA, MTECH are considered Masters in Canada. (except BALLB, BDS, MBBS etc)

If I were you, i will visit University admin or information counter or any body in non-teaching department and will ask for an envelope. Then will seal them with a gum and will request anyone to stamp it with university stamp. Very easy for me. I did it for KU.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
That was confusing for me too, but I have heard this being repeated many times, so just wanted to confirm. I will call the University, but in the meantime, would it be possible to send someone else in my place with a letter of authority, or something?
Can't comment on that.

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018

Hi, I am in a similar situation. My spouse has 3-year BA (Eco) and 2-year MA (Eco) full-time degrees from India. We've already got evaluated from WES and they've given ECA for Bachelor's degree(4 years) + Postgraduate Diploma (1 year). Because we're in a borderline situation w.r.t CRS compared to current cut-off trend, a Master's equivalency will really help.

Was wondering if any of IQAS or CES will provide Master's equivalency for the above situation. ICES is ruled out as they'll not accept transcript envelope sent by candidate, even if it is sealed by university. I searched IQAS website and found the detailed credential templates for India where they mention that Master's degree (3+2 years) from India "generally compares to the completion of a one-year Master’s degree", but I don't know if they practice it in all situations.
https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-education-guide-india.aspx

Do you have any known precedence where IQAS or CES have provided with Master's equivalency for similar background from India?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi, I am in a similar situation. My spouse has 3-year BA (Eco) and 2-year MA (Eco) full-time degrees from India. We've already got evaluated from WES and they've given ECA for Bachelor's degree(4 years) + Postgraduate Diploma (1 year). Because we're in a borderline situation w.r.t CRS compared to current cut-off trend, a Master's equivalency will really help.

Was wondering if any of IQAS or CES will provide Master's equivalency for the above situation. ICES is ruled out as they'll not accept transcript envelope sent by candidate, even if it is sealed by university. I searched IQAS website and found the detailed credential templates for India where they mention that Master's degree (3+2 years) from India "generally compares to the completion of a one-year Master’s degree", but I don't know if they practice it in all situations.
https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-education-guide-india.aspx

Do you have any known precedence where IQAS or CES have provided with Master's equivalency for similar background from India?
For Economics no however they gave me as Masters. My education is B.Sc. (Computer Maintenance) and M.Sc. (Telecommunications)

Reactions: samikdg

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
For Economics no however they gave me as Masters. My education is B.Sc. (Computer Maintenance) and M.Sc. (Telecommunications)
Thanks for your reply! Was it IQAS and how long back was it? Also were these 3 year and 2 year full-time courses respectively? And lastly, did your M.Sc. have any project/thesis work, that is one of the criteria mentioned by WES required for Master's equivalency, though I'm not sure if IQAS also follows that.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Thanks for your reply! Was it IQAS and how long back was it? Also were these 3 year and 2 year full-time courses respectively? And lastly, did your M.Sc. have any project/thesis work, that is one of the criteria mentioned by WES required for Master's equivalency, though I'm not sure if IQAS also follows that.
Only one relative question in your reply.

I did my ECA from IQAS since Sikkim Manipal University is not listed under WES.

There are certain courses which are equivalent to Masters in Canada. Namely, MBA, MCA, M.Tech, M.Sc in specific streams.

Give it a shot if IQAS evaluates as Masters.

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Only one relative question in your reply.

I did my ECA from IQAS since Sikkim Manipal University is not listed under WES.

There are certain courses which are equivalent to Masters in Canada. Namely, MBA, MCA, M.Tech, M.Sc in specific streams.

Give it a shot if IQAS evaluates as Masters.
Thank you, I'll give it a shot as the only thing to lose in this case is INR 15,000 or so. :)
Do you have any idea about CES evaluations and whether they may provide Masters in such a situation?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Thank you, I'll give it a shot as the only thing to lose in this case is INR 15,000 or so. :)
Do you have any idea about CES evaluations and whether they may provide Masters in such a situation?
Only IQAS is giving different evaluations, rest all are same.

Reactions: samikdg

neeraja404

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
Hey guys.. really need advice here

I have done my MBA from Sikkim Manipal university and requested the college for transcripts. I forgot to attach the IQAS transcript request form which must be attested by the university along with the transcripts. I'm trying to contact the college but no help. Anyone with successful ECA without the request form. ?

Thanks in advance !

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hey guys.. really need advice here

I have done my MBA from Sikkim Manipal university and requested the college for transcripts. I forgot to attach the IQAS transcript request form which must be attested by the university along with the transcripts. I'm trying to contact the college but no help. Anyone with successful ECA without the request form. ?

Thanks in advance !
They will deliver the package to IQAS or you will do it?