+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS QUESTION

Smriti Sethi

Jun 28, 2018
Hi @narender1966

So @mathansri has got his diploma from IMT-CDL approved. His was 2 years. What do you think, our 3 years completed in 2012 , will be approved or not.
Hi Sukant,

Mine is a 3yrs programme from IMT-CDL the course name is Three Year Post Graduate Programme in Management. Please suggest if you have received your evaluation results and whether mine will be recognised?

Smriti Sethi

Jun 28, 2018
Allright...Im going for it now.

@mathansri : My consultant is saying that only the institute can send the transcript to Iqas and not me. I read in your post earlier that an applicant can also send the Transcript and that would be accepted. Could you give some insights on that so that i can talk to my consultant.
My consultant also said the same thing...I am getting my things done from Abinav Consultant...from which consultant are you getting your work done.

Sukant88

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Hi Sukant,

Mine is a 3yrs programme from IMT-CDL the course name is Three Year Post Graduate Programme in Management. Please suggest if you have received your evaluation results and whether mine will be recognised?

Hi Smriti-

1) Mine is also 3 years (same as yours), i started in 2009 and completed in 2012. When did you complete yours ??

2) What i have seen is that recent diploma's from IMT-CDL 2014 onwards are getting approved from IQAS. However the courses completed between 2004-2008 are not getting approved as those were not UGC recognized then and were affiliated with Vidyasagar University. I have yet to see anybody to have IMT- CDL course approved during the period when i completed.

Sukant88

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
My consultant also said the same thing...I am getting my things done from Abinav Consultant...from which consultant are you getting your work done.
Smriti, we are on the same boat. Me too getting it done from Abhinav, Delhi branch. Are you getting it done from Delhi branch too?

Frankly speaking these consultants would not expedite your application at all and its you who have to push them to get things done quickly. They said the same thing to me but i anyways sent the Transcript to IQAS and i have also received the email from them with no issues and my application is lined for processing. I would get the result in this month likely. This IMT course is the only thing between me and the ITA and as i said in my above post your year of start and completion will make a difference.

Smriti Sethi

Jun 28, 2018
Smriti, we are on the same boat. Me too getting it done from Abhinav, Delhi branch. Are you getting it done from Delhi branch too?

Frankly speaking these consultants would not expedite your application at all and its you who have to push them to get things done quickly. They said the same thing to me but i anyways sent the Transcript to IQAS and i have also received the email from them with no issues and my application is lined for processing. I would get the result in this month likely. This IMT course is the only thing between me and the ITA and as i said in my above post your year of start and completion will make a difference.
Sukant if you can share your contact details will be really helpful, need to understand few things from you. Yes mine is also from Abhinav Delhi branch.

call4ks

May 7, 2018
Hi All - Did you get any confirmation on IQAS on IMT-CDL MBA. Mine was 3 years MBA, 2005 - 2010.

Can you please suggest if IQAS is approving same. I am hearing all over that WES is not giving any points on same. So, IQAS is the hope now !!

Sukant88

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Hi All - Did you get any confirmation on IQAS on IMT-CDL MBA. Mine was 3 years MBA, 2005 - 2010.

Can you please suggest if IQAS is approving same. I am hearing all over that WES is not giving any points on same. So, IQAS is the hope now !!
As I said in the earlier post. Recent diploma after 2014 are getting approved and course done before 2007 are not approved by iqas. Till 2007 it was affiliated with vidyasagar university.

Therefore nobody can give you a answer with surety. However if your certificate was issued by vidyasagar university then it Will not be approved for sure and if it is issued by imt then you could still give it a try. Imt got approval from UGC after 2007 so your case is unique. I did from 2009- 2012 and m not sure either until I get the result.

call4ks

May 7, 2018
Thanks for the info.

Yes I got my degree from Vidyasagar university in 2010. I thin I should wait for decision on your case, before applying to get a better idea.

Sukant88

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Thanks for the info.

Yes I got my degree from Vidyasagar university in 2010. I thin I should wait for decision on your case, before applying to get a better idea.
You may wait but my case is different as it was not issued by vidyasagar university and was given by IMT.

It may sound harsh but unfortunately yours will not be approved. You can read the earlier post in this forum. There are other forums on the same topic which established that mba issued by vidyasagar university is not approved.

GautamKar14

Aug 7, 2018
India
Good Morning Fellans,
Posting here for the first time, however have been closely following this blog.

My wife had pursued her PGPM from IMT-CDL (a 3 year course) starting 2010 & completed the same in 2014 (she completed her course in 4 years).

We received her ECA assessment today from IQAS and her post graduate degree has been awarded as a 'University diploma with a focus in Management & HR'.

This eventually concludes that she has 2 degrees now
1) a 3 years bachelors degree.
2) a university diploma degree.

I can now confirm 2 facts henceforth.
1) any course undertaken (enrolled) from IMT-CDL on or after 2010 will not go unrecognised.
Why 2010? - IMT CDL was provided a DEC/UGC grant status (approval) for all of its courses in 2010. I am unsure about 2009 as in that year a provisional approval was issued.

2) Presently for Indians, ECA from IQAS comes exactly after 2 months & 2 days from the date of AoR2.

Please feel free to revert for any further clarification or assistance.

Reactions: sachsehg

Sukant88

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
HI Gautam..

Thanks for the info..!!
Wanted to ask that how did you conclude that ECA takes 2 months and 2 days from the AOR2. Are you talking from your experience only ?
My docs was delivered on April 27th, i sent all of them in one packet. received AOR on June 7th that they have received my educational docs and it is lined for processing so per your timelines i should have received ECA by August 9th. But i have still not received..!!!

GautamKar14

Aug 7, 2018
India
HI Gautam..

Thanks for the info..!!
Wanted to ask that how did you conclude that ECA takes 2 months and 2 days from the AOR2. Are you talking from your experience only ?
My docs was delivered on April 27th, i sent all of them in one packet. received AOR on June 7th that they have received my educational docs and it is lined for processing so per your timelines i should have received ECA by August 9th. But i have still not received..!!!
Please exclude the non working days.
I think you will receive yours on the 14th or 15th of August between 3am to 5 am IST

ajs_bedi

Aug 10, 2018
Hi Sukant and Gautam ,

I've closely following this blog and would request your help :

I've done 2 years Advanced Post Graduate Diploma in Management [Finance] from 2010-2012. So Should I go for ECA with IQAS or WES ? Heard WES is not approving it but do we have any success with IQAS ??

Appreciate your help, Because if it's not recognized i will only get 3 or more years degree course in CIC for my BE. If IMT-CDl will be counted as University diploma i can get additional points of 2 or more degrees/diploma .

GautamKar14

Aug 7, 2018
India
Hi Sukant and Gautam ,

I've closely following this blog and would request your help :

I've done 2 years Advanced Post Graduate Diploma in Management [Finance] from 2010-2012. So Should I go for ECA with IQAS or WES ? Heard WES is not approving it but do we have any success with IQAS ??

Appreciate your help, Because if it's not recognized i will only get 3 or more years degree course in CIC for my BE. If IMT-CDl will be counted as University diploma i can get additional points of 2 or more degrees/diploma .
IMT-CDL got its DEC/UGC approval in 2010.
Any course enrolled on or after that year will be recognised by IQAS & ICAS.

IQAS - will not give you a master's degree but will give a university diploma degree or a certificate.
This can help you move on to the category of '2 or more certificates/diplomas/degrees of which 1 is for at least 3 years' - makes a difference of 5-7 crucial points in your CRS score.

ICAS - i understand that SMU (similar to IMT-CDL) students received their ECA assessed as Masters. (cannot confirm this about IMT-CDLas I did not read anyone taking a chance with them).

I understand that ICAS grants master's degrees to Indian Distance Learning courses which are :
1) recognised by UGC/DEC on or before the pupil's admission year.
2) university is not blacklisted.

Disadvantage of ICAS is that their assessment period is 6 months.

Hope this clarifies :)