+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS QUESTION

Vinothini

Feb 2, 2019
Timeline for the much awaited ECA for my girl friend.

All documents (Application and All Transcripts) reached IQAS: 12th Jan 2018

1st AoR: 20th Jan 2018 (after follow up)
2nd AoR: 2nd Mar 2018

ECA Soft copy: 9th Apr 2018
Total time taken: 12 Weeks from receiving documents.

Courses she has completed:
Bachelor of Science from University of Kolkata (3 years)
Master of Science from University of Kolkata (2 years)
Post Graduate Diploma in Management from IMT CDL (2 years)

Credentials given:
Masters credential for University of Kolkata degree.
University Diploma credential for IMT CDL - PGDM.

What this means is that, although IQAS recognized IMT CDL, they do not give MASTERS credential for 2 Year PGDM course. (Not sure about 1 year course). They only gave University Diploma credential. If you do not have any other PG degree, you probably will have to go with 'More than one certificates with at least one degree being 3 years' option, when you create your profile.
Hi Mathansri,

I did Bsc (Computer Technology Regular) and Msc (Information Technology Distance 2-years).

Bsc and Msc - Anna University Chennai

What will be the equivalency given by IQAS ? will it be Masters Credential ?

Please reply.

Regards,
Vinothini

Feb 21, 2019
Hi,
Pls advice me on the current process for IQAS:
1. Only MBA transcripts should be sent or bachelor's as well ?
2. I should be sending all the documets in a big envelope OR transcripts should be directly send by the University?

Below is written on their website

Credentials you need assessed
For an ECA, only your highest completed / awarded educational credential needs to be assessed.If you need more than one credential to be assessed, it will take at least four weeks longer than average processing times.

• official transcripts for all years of study should be sent directly to IQAS by your school or the responsible issuing authority. If your school will not send transcripts directly, you may forward a sealed envelope with the official transcripts you obtained from your school. The transcripts must be attested, dated, and placed in a sealed envelope that is stamped with the institution’s official seal across the back flap

Ravneet90

Apr 19, 2019
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Hello all , just a quick queries re-ECA through IQAS.

I have got a regular BCA from GGSIP University Delhi and Distance PGDBM from IMT Gaziabad CDL.

1. Do I need to get ECA for both of my degree/Diploma or only the highest one which is PGDBM (I found that IQAS is approving IMT CDL but WES is not approving) thus going with IQAS only.

2. Does IQAS only accepting the Transcripts package being sent directly by university only or I can also send the sealed files by taking it from university by myself only ?

3. Do we need Transcripts copies post immigrating to Canada or shall I just ask for 1 copy for ECA only ?

Ravneet90

Apr 19, 2019
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Hi,
Pls advice me on the current process for IQAS:
1. Only MBA transcripts should be sent or bachelor's as well ?
2. I should be sending all the documets in a big envelope OR transcripts should be directly send by the University?

Below is written on their website

Credentials you need assessed
For an ECA, only your highest completed / awarded educational credential needs to be assessed.If you need more than one credential to be assessed, it will take at least four weeks longer than average processing times.

• official transcripts for all years of study should be sent directly to IQAS by your school or the responsible issuing authority. If your school will not send transcripts directly, you may forward a sealed envelope with the official transcripts you obtained from your school. The transcripts must be attested, dated, and placed in a sealed envelope that is stamped with the institution’s official seal across the back flap
Hello Vipul , Would like to know if you get some response or solution for your stated queries here . I also have the same queries . Will await for your reply !!

Smriti Sethi

Jun 28, 2018
Hello all , just a quick queries re-ECA through IQAS.

I have got a regular BCA from GGSIP University Delhi and Distance PGDBM from IMT Gaziabad CDL.

1. Do I need to get ECA for both of my degree/Diploma or only the highest one which is PGDBM (I found that IQAS is approving IMT CDL but WES is not approving) thus going with IQAS only.

2. Does IQAS only accepting the Transcripts package being sent directly by university only or I can also send the sealed files by taking it from university by myself only ?

3. Do we need Transcripts copies post immigrating to Canada or shall I just ask for 1 copy for ECA only ?

1. You have to get ECA done for both BCA and PGDBM.
2. I had sent my transcripts myself through a courier service and it was accepted. Just make sure that the envelope is sealed properly. As IMT doesn't send the transcripts to any other authority.
3. Not sure of this. I only asked for one copy which i had submitted. As per my understanding its not needed post immigration, still please check with someone else also on this.

Reactions: Ravneet90

Ravneet90

Apr 19, 2019
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
1. You have to get ECA done for both BCA and PGDBM.
2. I had sent my transcripts myself through a courier service and it was accepted. Just make sure that the envelope is sealed properly. As IMT doesn't send the transcripts to any other authority.
3. Not sure of this. I only asked for one copy which i had submitted. As per my understanding its not needed post immigration, still please check with someone else also on this.
Thanks much for you really reply Smriti !! Also may I know how you get your Transcripts done from IMT CDL , i mean can you please share their process please !!

sachsehg

Jul 29, 2019
Dubai
Category........
Good Morning Fellans,
Posting here for the first time, however have been closely following this blog.

My wife had pursued her PGPM from IMT-CDL (a 3 year course) starting 2010 & completed the same in 2014 (she completed her course in 4 years).

We received her ECA assessment today from IQAS and her post graduate degree has been awarded as a 'University diploma with a focus in Management & HR'.

This eventually concludes that she has 2 degrees now
1) a 3 years bachelors degree.
2) a university diploma degree.

I can now confirm 2 facts henceforth.
1) any course undertaken (enrolled) from IMT-CDL on or after 2010 will not go unrecognised.
Why 2010? - IMT CDL was provided a DEC/UGC grant status (approval) for all of its courses in 2010. I am unsure about 2009 as in that year a provisional approval was issued.

2) Presently for Indians, ECA from IQAS comes exactly after 2 months & 2 days from the date of AoR2.

Please feel free to revert for any further clarification or assistance.
Hi
Can u plz share ur email I’d and phone no. I need some info regarding ECA for PGDBM from INT-CDL.
Thanks in advance.

sachsehg

Jul 29, 2019
Dubai
Category........
Hi All,

I have received the ECA from IQAS today for IMT-CDL and it is approved as "University diploma with a focus in Marketing."

Course- Post Graduate Program in Management (3 years)
Year of course- 2009 to 2012

This explains that all IMT-CDL courses are approved except the ones which were done during the time when it was affiliated with Vidyasagar University.

Additionally pls keep in mind that IQAS takes 12-13 weeks from the day when you get the email about IQAS receiving all documents and not when the package was delivered.
Hi Sujait,
Can u plz share ur contact no and email I’d. I hv few queries regarding ECA for PGDBM 3 years from IMT-CDL.

sachsehg

Jul 29, 2019
Dubai
Category........
Dear All,
I need your guidance regarding ECA.
I have done my B.Tech part time 4 years from Delhi college of engg. and then completed my 3 years PGDBM from IMT-CDL in year 2010.
Please guide me regarding following:
a. IQAS will provide MBA equivalency. Mine is a post graduate diploma through distance education
b. Do I need to submit both certificates I.e. degree from DCE and PGDBM certificate for ECA
c. Will IQAS require transcript to be sent by DCE for B.Tech. and transcript for PGDBM from IMT-CDL Ghaziabad.
d. Is it possible if I can receive above transcript in sealed envelope from institute and send it to IQAS.
Thanks in advance.

palionline

Aug 19, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Hi friends

Need clarity in following:

1. I have already got positive ECA for my B tech degree from WES and planning to send my PGDBM done from IMT CDL to IQAS for evaluation. Do I Need to send my B tech document along with pgdbm documents. As per IQAS online application there is no such information. However, wanted to check just in case someone has a different experience or information. Thanks a lot

nitinkalra07

Sep 21, 2018
Hi friends

Need clarity in following:

1. I have already got positive ECA for my B tech degree from WES and planning to send my PGDBM done from IMT CDL to IQAS for evaluation. Do I Need to send my B tech document along with pgdbm documents. As per IQAS online application there is no such information. However, wanted to check just in case someone has a different experience or information. Thanks a lot
There is no need to send the Btech degree. Only send the Masters documents. They will only evaluate Masters degree.