Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
kashifshaikh said:
i just spoke with them on the phone and they said that the CNIC should also be fine as a proof of government issued identity
Good to know :eek: Thanks for sharing (y)

P.S It should be in English though ;)

kashifshaikh

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
alizaidi said:
Good to know :eek: Thanks for sharing (y)

P.S It should be in English though ;)
ofc its in English :D

one quick question here
i was trying to calculate my CRS score

i have 2 degrees i.e. BBA (3 year program) and MBA (1 year program) from the same university

so in my education bracket do i mention Two or more certificate / diplomas / degrees. One must be for a program of three years or more. OR Bachelors Degree. Three or more year program at a university because i remember my cousin who is a citizen in Canada told me that 16 years of education is counted as Bachelors in Canada.

I need to know this because this creates a lot of difference in the calculation of my CRS score.

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
kashifshaikh said:
ofc its in English :D

one quick question here
i was trying to calculate my CRS score

i have 2 degrees i.e. BBA (3 year program) and MBA (1 year program) from the same university

so in my education bracket do i mention Two or more certificate / diplomas / degrees. One must be for a program of three years or more. OR Bachelors Degree. Three or more year program at a university because i remember my cousin who is a citizen in Canada told me that 16 years of education is counted as Bachelors in Canada.

I need to know this because this creates a lot of difference in the calculation of my CRS score.
As far as my knowledge is concerned, you have 3 years bachelors and one year masters so that will be a bachelor degree equivalent hence you should select Bachelors Degree.Three or more year program at a university. Your cousin is right. Let's IQAS analyze and see what they come up with, may be you get lucky and they mention two degrees on your certificate; one for Canadian bachelor equivalent and other for masters, or it can be analyzed two degrees but not masters. If it were a 4 years bachelors and one year masters, your scores would have gone up considerably.

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
I need to share one thing which has happened with my close friend:

Although I have recommended him to send color copies for all the documents to IQAS, he still sent passport as photocopy not color copy. Interestingly, all other copies like degree and transcripts etc were color copies, he just overlooked the passport one and sent black and white. he received below email yesterday:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for applying to the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) for an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for immigration purposes. This is to confirm that your academic documents were received by the IQAS office. Please visit www.iqas.alberta.ca for the current processing time.

In order to continue with your file, IQAS requires the following document:

· Proof of Identification: Photocopy of your passport or driver’s license or record of landing. Your file will be placed on hold until we receive this document.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In short, it's always good to send color copies instead of black and white because you never know. It costs him 3k more so it's wise to spend some more bucks in color copies instead of saving to spend a lot more later.

kashifshaikh

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
i have one more confusion now

i did my BBA in the year 2006-2008 (3 year program) at the same time i had myself enrolled in the BA (Bachelors in Arts, 2 year program) and later on in the year 2009 i completed my MBA (1 year program)

do you think that will qualify me to get ECA assessment of 2 or more degrees ? my only confusion here is that since i pursued 2 degrees at the same time, one in the morning and other in the evening, should that be a problem ?

nadiakhalid2

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
hello
what about in case of name change after marriage? in all my degrees and transcripts, my sir name is my Father's name but on passport and I.D card my sir name is husband's. what should I do?

thanks in advance

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
kashifshaikh said:
i have one more confusion now

i did my BBA in the year 2006-2008 (3 year program) at the same time i had myself enrolled in the BA (Bachelors in Arts, 2 year program) and later on in the year 2009 i completed my MBA (1 year program)

do you think that will qualify me to get ECA assessment of 2 or more degrees ? my only confusion here is that since i pursued 2 degrees at the same time, one in the morning and other in the evening, should that be a problem ?
TBH, I do not have any idea about this, send all three credentials and see what IQAS evaluates and give results. Meanwhile, look this case in the forum or keep posting this question in other threads, may be somebody knows about this case.

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
nadiakhalid2 said:
hello
what about in case of name change after marriage? in all my degrees and transcripts, my sir name is my Father's name but on passport and I.D card my sir name is husband's. what should I do?

thanks in advance
This will be dealt separately, if you have paid the IQAs fees you must have seen the name change fields. Write your old name and new name and provide proof documents like your marriage certificate.

See the following field in IQAS checklist:

Proof of name change (for example photocopy of marriage certificate).
Required only if your current name is different from the name on your educational documents.

liaquat85

Mar 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
I have bachelor's from Institute of Space Technology, Pakistan and masters from the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany.

I am filling the online form for ECA at IQAS organization , Do I need to write about the SSC and HSSC in the education information

Regards,
Liaquat Ali

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
liaquat85 said:
I have bachelor's from Institute of Space Technology, Pakistan and masters from the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany.

I am filling the online form for ECA at IQAS organization , Do I need to write about the SSC and HSSC in the education information

Regards,
Liaquat Ali
yes, you do. However, you do not need to send those certificates.

hamiltondreamer

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-04-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
alizaidi said:
I need to share one thing which has happened with my close friend:

Although I have recommended him to send color copies for all the documents to IQAS, he still sent passport as photocopy not color copy. Interestingly, all other copies like degree and transcripts etc were color copies, he just overlooked the passport one and sent black and white. he received below email yesterday:
Thank you for applying to the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) for an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for immigration purposes. This is to confirm that your academic documents were received by the IQAS office. Please visit www.iqas.alberta.ca for the current processing time.

In order to continue with your file, IQAS requires the following document:

· Proof of Identification: Photocopy of your passport or driver’s license or record of landing. Your file will be placed on hold until we receive this document.
In short, it's always good to send color copies instead of black and white because you never know. It costs him 3k more so it's wise to spend some more bucks in color copies instead of saving to spend a lot more later.
I dont think this was the case. He probably may have omitted it. I say this because I submitted a photocopy of my passport. Every person I recommended IQAS and helped process ie my sister and friend submitted a photocopy of all their documents even my IQAS forms were in black and white.

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
hamiltondreamer said:
I dont think this was the case. He probably may have omitted it. I say this because I submitted a photocopy of my passport. Every person I recommended IQAS and helped process ie my sister and friend submitted a photocopy of all their documents even my IQAS forms were in black and white.
Whatever the case, I would not argue and waste time here. I just wanted to say that color copies are always better than black and white. If someone wants to send black/white it is acceptable, and if its color its acceptable too. So yes, it's people choice :)

AbbasZaidi

Apr 18, 2017
Hi Ali,

My name problem is quite similar to yours, or may be worse, so I thought if you can help me out here. My complete name is "Syed Abbas Raza Zaidi",
and that on CNIC is "Syed Abbas Raza"
my degree just has the name "Abbas Raza"

After reading your post I decided to go for IQAS. I have decided to add an affedivate with my application. Have three questions.
1. I was going through the "academic-records-request-form" and it has a field "Previous Last/Family Name (if applicable)" did you fill that?
2. Can you share your affidavit or just it's template?
3. This forum doesn't allow me to post a message to your Inbox, Is it because I am new to this forum? Just wanted to send you my detailed "worse" case so you can suggest something.

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
AbbasZaidi said:
Hi Ali,

My name problem is quite similar to yours, or may be worse, so I thought if you can help me out here. My complete name is "Syed Abbas Raza Zaidi",
and that on CNIC is "Syed Abbas Raza"
my degree just has the name "Abbas Raza"

After reading your post I decided to go for IQAS. I have decided to add an affedivate with my application. Have three questions.
1. I was going through the "academic-records-request-form" and it has a field "Previous Last/Family Name (if applicable)" did you fill that?
2. Can you share your affidavit or just it's template?
3. This forum doesn't allow me to post a message to your Inbox, Is it because I am new to this forum? Just wanted to send you my detailed "worse" case so you can suggest something.

1.No, I did not change my name therefore, it was not applicable in my case
2.sure, give me your email id
3.yes, it is, because you are new. Keep posting here and there and your profile will open new functions on your profile.