+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS Guide for ECA (Name Difference) - IOBM SSUET KARACHI PAKISTAN

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
Hi Hira,

Finally, a good news, I figured a way to get my transcript and mark sheets verified by PU, Lahore. Not just that, PU will also courier the sealed envelopes to IQAS.

Before I proceed further would like to clarify few things, thank you in advance for all your help.

Question 1. I will be sending following envelopes to IQAS, please confirm if this will be fine for ECA?

Envelope 1:
1. Bachelor of Computer Science - 4 Years (Verified photocopy of the transcript will be sent to IQAS in a sealed envelope by University of the Punjab, Lahore.)

Envelope 2:
1. Bachelor of Arts - 2 Years (Verified photocopy of mark sheet will be sent to IQAS in a sealed envelope by University of the Punjab, Lahore)
2. Bachelor of Law (LLB) - 3 Years (Verified photocopies of 3 years mark sheets will be sent to IQAS in a sealed envelope by University of the Punjab, Lahore)

Envelope 3:
1. Photocopy of Degrees for BSCS, BA and LLB (These photocopies and will not be verified or attested from anywhere).
2. Certificate of Matric and Intermediate (These photocopies will not be verified or attested from anywhere).
3. A coloured copy of the first page of my passport

Question 2. I read following on CIC website and it confused me, should I send verified copies of my metric and intermediate certificates from relevant boards and get ECA for metric and intermediate as well?

"Depending on your case, you may want to have both your secondary and post-secondary credentials assessed, and not just your highest completed foreign credential. You will not get any points for your foreign education under the CRS in Express Entry or be eligible under the FSWP if the result on your ECA report does not match at least one of the results in the conversion table."

Sounds like u r good to go. There is no need to have your matric and intermediate certificates evaluated... :)

falcon22

Aug 9, 2017
Can we use IQAS ECA for applying engineering related membership in Canada. As per engineering bodies of couple of provinces they are looking for academic assessment from WES. Has anyone used IQAS assessment for this purpose.

karachiite

Dec 30, 2017
It really took a year? First confirmation on 26 Jan, 2016 and second on Feb 10, 2017 or is it a typo?

Detailed Steps of IQAS:

I had two degrees which I wanted to assess from IQAS:

BACHELORS OF COMPUTER ENGINEERING
SIR SYED UUNIVERSITY OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY aka (SSUET)

MASTERS OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
INSTITUE OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT aka (CBM/IoBM)

Applying online and payment of fees:

I created an account on IQAS website and completed online form (iqas.work.alberta.ca/eca#/)

Before starting this you need to have your school, college and universities' documents with you.

You need to have your debit/credit card with you (IQAS accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Debit or Interac), I used Mastercard Credit Card.

It will take around 15-30 minutes to complete the application.

After submitting your application, you must get notification email with the application form and document checklist attached.

IQAS reference number is "Application Id" in your email. It is also mentioned in the application form (Bottom left corner of each page)

Reference number is important, note it down as it must be mentioned in the transcript request forms which you will submit in universities for the degree/transcript verification.

Visiting and getting sealed envelope from IoBM:

Download the Transcript request form from IQAS website and fill your part/section. (alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/academic-records-request-form.pdf)

Email the filled form to "transcripts.grades@iobm.edu.pk". Do not forget to enter (Application Id/Reference Number) in the form

I brought color copies of my transcript (1) and degree (1) with original transcript and degree of my MBA

I visited transcript office which is adjacent to M.S Sabina room.

Request the representative to verify your copies and fill the form which you sent via email earlier.

He will verify (stamp) your degrees, fill and print the form. You must sign the form and write the date on the form. After that, he will accompany you to MS Sabina office to have her signature on the form.

You will have to submit 50 RS in finance department for the IoBM official seal. Get the receipt and get back to MS Sabina office, the assistant will then show you signed forms and stamps, check the information carefully as they are going to be sealed now. Give receipt to the MS Sabina assistant and he will seal the envelope containing:

Your verified color copy of transcript
Your verified color copy of degree
Transcript request form (IQAS)

Visiting and getting sealed envelope from SSUET:

Download the Transcript request form from IQAS website and fill your part/section. (alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/academic-records-request-form.pdf)

Print a copy of the form. Do not forget to enter (Application Id/Reference Number) in the form. Sign it and write the date on the form.

I brought color copies of my transcript (1) and degree (1) with original transcript and degree of my BS (CE). In addition to this, you must bring your SSC-matric certificate copy.

Visit SSUET examination department and ask for a request-sealed-form. Also, ask the verification fees of per document although it must be in the request form.

Go inside the examination department to meet MS. Sumera and show her your original degree, transcript and filled form. She will compare the information on the form + degree, and will give you go ahead to submit your documents at the counter.

Fill the SSUET verification request form. Collect the voucher from the examination department and pay the fees in university' bank.

You must now have the following documents:

Color copy of your transcript
Color copy of your degree
Copy of your SSC-matric certificate
Verification request form (SSUET)
Paid Voucher

Submit them to the examination counter and get the receipt, receipt will show that the working time for the verification is 15 days although it can be done in a week if you request them to have them sooner.

Mailing the documents to IQAS:

Print the application form as it is which you received after payment, sign and write date on it.

Fill the document checklist and print it out too.

Make color copies of your transcripts and degrees.

Now you will have these documents with you:

Application form (received from IQAS after payment) Print it and sign it
Document checklist form (received from IQAS after payment) Filled and print it.
Color copy of your transcript/s
Color copy of your Degree/s
Color copy of your SSC-matric certificate (Optional)
Color copy of your HSC-inter certificate (Optional)
Color copy of your passport (First four pages)
Sealed envelope of IoBM
Sealed envelope of SSUET

Now send them all to the address mentioned in the application form.

Note:

Matric inter certificates were optional, I sent them anyways.

Verification of university degrees are optional too, I sent them anyways.

I was worried about my name difference, as I have the following scenario:
My name was "Syed Jon Doe Zaidi" on my passport and CNIC. However, my name in all educational documents were "Jon Doe". I created an affidavit on 100 rupees stamp paper in which I mentioned that both are same persons and sent this with my all documents too.

I also mentioned in the checklist document that my universities asked me to send sealed envelopes on their behalf and IQAS can contact the universities to verify this.

Timelines:

Documents submitted at Fed ex: 21 Jan, 2016
Documents delivered to IQAS: 25 Jan, 2016
First confirmation email from IQAS: 26 Jan, 2016
Second confirmation email from IQAS: Feb 10, 2017 (Got the ECA results. Attached online certificate in a PDF form)
Documents dispatched from IQAS: Feb 10, 2017
Documents delivered to me: Have not given me any tracking number (Who cares, I can submit my profile, right?)

Results of ECA:
BS SSUET (Pak) = four year bachelor degree (Canada)
MBA CBM (Pak) = Master of business administration degree (Canada)

sweetsalt

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
Only have final marks sheet / transcript of the Maters and the degree has not been issued till date and it might take another year or so. Can i go along for ECA on the basis of the Transcript only.

NabeelAshraf

Jan 20, 2018
Feedback is requested from any graduate of UET Lahore Pakistan who got the ECA through IQAS.
Did you get the documents attested and sealed at Controller of Examination office in UET or it was some other office. How much time the whole process took at UET.

As I understand, with IQAS, Matric & F.Sc. documents are not required to be sent for the purpose of assessment. Please confirm if this was true in your case.

Detailed guidance about the whole process will be much appreciated.

Reactions: Syed Mohsin Shah

Muhammad13

Jan 24, 2018
Hello,

Did anybody recently get sealed envelop for IQAS from Karachi University? If YES, please share the procedure.
I have another degree from IoBM Karachi for which I know the procedure but I am not sure about K.U.

Will K.U also sign the Transcript request form?

For IQAS, do I need to go HEC or just need to go each of my universities?

Thanks in advance.

FriendlySoul

Dec 16, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I want to get benefit of your experience to ask few things confusing me, please give me your valuable answers for below questions

1- I have 4 years Graduation degree (HEC Verified) and 1.5 Years MBA degree (HEC Verified) which i need to assessed by IQAS to obtain ECA, do i also need provide my IBCC verified Matric and Intermediate transcripts/certificates to IQAS or is that makes no difference ?

2- I have completed my Intermediate Privately rather than with any private/govt college, and of course Private is mentioned on the final transcript, is there any issue to get it assessed by IQAS ? It is already verified by IBCC

shahmed007

Jan 15, 2018
HI,
My wife has both of her degrees from Karachi Uni, So if both the envelops are sealed by HEC, will it be OK ? Or i have to still seal it with the Uni. I know HEC is the highest body , still I am confused because I cannot pay again n again a huge amount of money.

shahmed007

Jan 15, 2018
Detailed Steps of IQAS:

I had two degrees which I wanted to assess from IQAS:

BACHELORS OF COMPUTER ENGINEERING
SIR SYED UUNIVERSITY OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY aka (SSUET)

MASTERS OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
INSTITUE OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT aka (CBM/IoBM)

Applying online and payment of fees:

I created an account on IQAS website and completed online form (iqas.work.alberta.ca/eca#/)

Before starting this you need to have your school, college and universities' documents with you.

You need to have your debit/credit card with you (IQAS accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Debit or Interac), I used Mastercard Credit Card.

It will take around 15-30 minutes to complete the application.

After submitting your application, you must get notification email with the application form and document checklist attached.

IQAS reference number is "Application Id" in your email. It is also mentioned in the application form (Bottom left corner of each page)

Reference number is important, note it down as it must be mentioned in the transcript request forms which you will submit in universities for the degree/transcript verification.

Visiting and getting sealed envelope from IoBM:

Email the filled form to "transcripts.grades@iobm.edu.pk". Do not forget to enter (Application Id/Reference Number) in the form

I brought color copies of my transcript (1) and degree (1) with original transcript and degree of my MBA

I visited transcript office which is adjacent to M.S Sabina room.

Request the representative to verify your copies and fill the form which you sent via email earlier.

He will verify (stamp) your degrees, fill and print the form. You must sign the form and write the date on the form. After that, he will accompany you to MS Sabina office to have her signature on the form.

You will have to submit 50 RS in finance department for the IoBM official seal. Get the receipt and get back to MS Sabina office, the assistant will then show you signed forms and stamps, check the information carefully as they are going to be sealed now. Give receipt to the MS Sabina assistant and he will seal the envelope containing:

Your verified color copy of transcript
Your verified color copy of degree

Visiting and getting sealed envelope from SSUET:

Print a copy of the form. Do not forget to enter (Application Id/Reference Number) in the form. Sign it and write the date on the form.

I brought color copies of my transcript (1) and degree (1) with original transcript and degree of my BS (CE). In addition to this, you must bring your SSC-matric certificate copy.

Visit SSUET examination department and ask for a request-sealed-form. Also, ask the verification fees of per document although it must be in the request form.

Go inside the examination department to meet MS. Sumera and show her your original degree, transcript and filled form. She will compare the information on the form + degree, and will give you go ahead to submit your documents at the counter.

Fill the SSUET verification request form. Collect the voucher from the examination department and pay the fees in university' bank.

You must now have the following documents:

Color copy of your transcript
Color copy of your degree
Copy of your SSC-matric certificate
Verification request form (SSUET)
Paid Voucher

Submit them to the examination counter and get the receipt, receipt will show that the working time for the verification is 15 days although it can be done in a week if you request them to have them sooner.

Mailing the documents to IQAS:

Print the application form as it is which you received after payment, sign and write date on it.

Fill the document checklist and print it out too.

Make color copies of your transcripts and degrees.

Now you will have these documents with you:

Application form (received from IQAS after payment) Print it and sign it
Document checklist form (received from IQAS after payment) Filled and print it.
Color copy of your transcript/s
Color copy of your Degree/s
Color copy of your SSC-matric certificate (Optional)
Color copy of your HSC-inter certificate (Optional)
Color copy of your passport (First four pages)
Sealed envelope of IoBM
Sealed envelope of SSUET

Now send them all to the address mentioned in the application form.

Note:

Matric inter certificates were optional, I sent them anyways.

Verification of university degrees are optional too, I sent them anyways.

I was worried about my name difference, as I have the following scenario:
My name was "Syed Jon Doe Zaidi" on my passport and CNIC. However, my name in all educational documents were "Jon Doe". I created an affidavit on 100 rupees stamp paper in which I mentioned that both are same persons and sent this with my all documents too.

I also mentioned in the checklist document that my universities asked me to send sealed envelopes on their behalf and IQAS can contact the universities to verify this.

Timelines:

Documents submitted at Fed ex: 21 Jan, 2016
Documents delivered to IQAS: 25 Jan, 2016
First confirmation email from IQAS: 26 Jan, 2016
Second confirmation email from IQAS: Feb 10, 2017 (Got the ECA results. Attached online certificate in a PDF form)
Documents dispatched from IQAS: Feb 10, 2017
Documents delivered to me: Have not given me any tracking number (Who cares, I can submit my profile, right?)

Results of ECA:
BS SSUET (Pak) = four year bachelor degree (Canada)
MBA CBM (Pak) = Master of business administration degree (Canada)
---------------------------------
Hey Buddy Just want to know that my wife has BS and MS from KU, So
1- If both degree and transcript are attested by HEC, still i have to do it from Karachi Uni ? or HEC will be more than enough. Secondly do you know anyone in KU who does this sort of work, KU ppl are just playing sending ppl frm here to there.
2- Secondly initially do I have to submit all her documents in color or photo copy? and it should be original only or notarised photocopy ?
Many thanks in advance bro .....And Love the way you explained everything

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015
HI,
My wife has both of her degrees from Karachi Uni, So if both the envelops are sealed by HEC, will it be OK ? Or i have to still seal it with the Uni. I know HEC is the highest body , still I am confused because I cannot pay again n again a huge amount of money.
Univ sealed envelops are suffice

enzali

Jan 30, 2018
IQAS website says

The institution that issued your credentials must send your official transcripts / statement of marks (or attested/certified true copies) for all years of study directly to the IQAS office. This is necessary so IQAS can validate that your credentials are authentic.

Here in this thread - it says we need to get the sealed envelop from the uni (SSUET in my case), while IQAS website says the uni needs to send it directly to IQAS - can anyone please clarify this?

TIA.