+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS Guide for ECA (Name Difference) - IOBM SSUET KARACHI PAKISTAN

amurtaza

Oct 19, 2017
My documents are ready for submission, can someone please suggest which organization has a better turnaround time IQAS or WES?

amurtaza

Oct 19, 2017
Dentistry
Thank you once again for a prompt reply:

I have a question, need your opinion. You suggested to go for ECA through WES but I want to go with IQAS because I read in forums that WES doesn't evaluate L.L.B as a first professional degree whereas IQAS does. I read information on IQAS website and they pretty much clearly understand the education system of Pakistan.

I have completed following degrees from University of the Punjab, Lahore.

1. Bachelors of Arts (2 Years)
2. L.L.B (3 Years)
3. Bachelors of Computer Science (4 Years)

My questions are:

1. I read your comments in another thread where you said IQAS will not accept HEC sealed envelopes because on their website they say it should be verified and sealed by the degree awarding institute. In my case, PU doesn't entertain queries for sealed envelopes, therefore, is it fine to send one HEC sealed envelopes of all my transcripts, mark sheets and degrees to IQAS? If this is not admissible please suggest what should I do?

2. For Metric and Inter, as suggested in earlier posts, is it still valid to send colour photocopies of the certificates/mark sheets or do I have to request metric and inter boards to post the attested copies in sealed envelopes to IQAS?

3. It is the most important question, based on your experience and considering my educational background. What could be the possible outcomes of my ECA from IQAS?

Thank you for all the help!
Ali

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
Thank you once again for a prompt reply:

I have a question, need your opinion. You suggested to go for ECA through WES but I want to go with IQAS because I read in forums that WES doesn't evaluate L.L.B as a first professional degree whereas IQAS does. I read information on IQAS website and they pretty much clearly understand the education system of Pakistan.

I have completed following degrees from University of the Punjab, Lahore.

1. Bachelors of Arts (2 Years)
2. L.L.B (3 Years)
3. Bachelors of Computer Science (4 Years)

My questions are:

1. I read your comments in another thread where you said IQAS will not accept HEC sealed envelopes because on their website they say it should be verified and sealed by the degree awarding institute. In my case, PU doesn't entertain queries for sealed envelopes, therefore, is it fine to send one HEC sealed envelopes of all my transcripts, mark sheets and degrees to IQAS? If this is not admissible please suggest what should I do?

2. For Metric and Inter, as suggested in earlier posts, is it still valid to send colour photocopies of the certificates/mark sheets or do I have to request metric and inter boards to post the attested copies in sealed envelopes to IQAS?

3. It is the most important question, based on your experience and considering my educational background. What could be the possible outcomes of my ECA from IQAS?

Thank you for all the help!
Ali
Hello Ali,

Okay, Law should be equated with professional degree as per CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp . If you wish to go for IQAS for that reason go right ahead, the only issue with them is slow processing.

IQAS specifically requires transcripts to be sealed by issuing institute as only they can verify them. Could you maybe try to get the admin staff to attest your transcript copies, place them in institutional envelope and just put a stamp on it and you could courier it yourself? If there is no way for you to obtain them then I'm afraid you need to contact IQAS and explain your situation request them to accept transcripts from HEC.

IQAS doesn't require matric and inter marksheets, I didn't send them.

Best of luck,

Hira

Reactions: amurtaza

amurtaza

Oct 19, 2017
Hello Ali,

Okay, Law should be equated with professional degree as per CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp . If you wish to go for IQAS for that reason go right ahead, the only issue with them is slow processing.

IQAS specifically requires transcripts to be sealed by issuing institute as only they can verify them. Could you maybe try to get the admin staff to attest your transcript copies, place them in institutional envelope and just put a stamp on it and you could courier it yourself? If there is no way for you to obtain them then I'm afraid you need to contact IQAS and explain your situation request them to accept transcripts from HEC.

IQAS doesn't require matric and inter marksheets, I didn't send them.

Best of luck,

Hira
Thank you, I hope the admin department cooperates, let's see

Just to clarify, is attestation or verification of both transcripts and degree required? Or just the transcripts, n degree to be sent to IQAS in this case?

One more thing, did u send colored copies or BW? I read, people were saying they don't accept BW copies.

Thanks,
Ali

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
Thank you, I hope the admin department cooperates, let's see

Just to clarify, is attestation or verification of both transcripts and degree required? Or just the transcripts, n degree to be sent to IQAS in this case?

One more thing, did u send colored copies or BW? I read, people were saying they don't accept BW copies.

Thanks,
Ali
They only require sealed verified transcripts. Degree you can send just a copy with your application package. I included a verified copy of my degree in sealed envelope though.

Colored copy is only required for proof of name (passport or NIC(if in English).

I sent black and white copies of my educational documents both verified copies and ones with application package were black and white. As long as it is legible, you're good.

amurtaza

Oct 19, 2017
They only require sealed verified transcripts. Degree you can send just a copy with your application package. I included a verified copy of my degree in sealed envelope though.

Colored copy is only required for proof of name (passport or NIC(if in English).

I sent black and white copies of my educational documents both verified copies and ones with application package were black and white. As long as it is legible, you're good.
Hi Hira,

I tried very hard but no luck, verification of documents and then putting them in the sealed envelope, this is not something possible from Punjab University. I was reading IQAS required documents list for Pakistan on the link https://www.alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/pakistan-required-educational-documents.pdf and found the following information:

Certified/Notarized Copies:
If you choose to submit certified copies of your official educational documents, IQAS will only accept those certified or notarized by official bodies such as: Notary Public, the awarding Educational Institution and Commissioner for Oaths.

Notarization of documents from oath commissioner is very easy and it can be stamped as Certified as True Copy of the Document. But I am wondering if this can work. I don't want to waste time and money if they cancel my application :(

What do you suggest?

Regards,
Ali

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
Hi Hira,

I tried very hard but no luck, verification of documents and then putting them in the sealed envelope, this is not something possible from Punjab University. I was reading IQAS required documents list for Pakistan on the link https://www.alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/pakistan-required-educational-documents.pdf and found the following information:

If you choose to submit certified copies of your official educational documents, IQAS will only accept those certified or notarized by official bodies such as: Notary Public, the awarding Educational Institution and Commissioner for Oaths.

Notarization of documents from oath commissioner is very easy and it can be stamped as Certified as True Copy of the Document. But I am wondering if this can work. I don't want to waste time and money if they cancel my application :(

What do you suggest?

Regards,
Ali
Call them or email them and ask them if you get it sealed by notary or HEC would they accept.. I think they would make an exception in this case.

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Hira,

What do you suggest?

Regards,
Ali
For notraization i am not sure and have not heard from any one.

Have you paid the fee to IQAS?

If not then try University of toronto (School of countinuing education). I did my eca from there and they accept HEC verified document. But they charge seperately for each degree.

Best of luck.

amurtaza

Oct 19, 2017
For notraization i am not sure and have not heard from any one.

Have you paid the fee to IQAS?

If not then try University of toronto (School of countinuing education). I did my eca from there and they accept HEC verified document. But they charge seperately for each degree.

Best of luck.
A friend is already getting his ECA done from the University of Toronto, they accept HEC sealed envelopes. It has been more than 3 months and he is still waiting, their turnaround time is almost 6 months. I tried calling IQAS, had to hang up after 40 mins of waiting time. I have not paid anything yet to IQAS. Do you have any experience of contacting IQAS via phone or email and how much is the waiting time normally? Please share IQAS contact email if you have.

Thanks,
Ali

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A friend is already getting his ECA done from the University of Toronto, they accept HEC sealed envelopes. It has been more than 3 months and he is still waiting, their turnaround time is almost 6 months. I tried calling IQAS, had to hang up after 40 mins of waiting time. I have not paid anything yet to IQAS. Do you have any experience of contacting IQAS via phone or email and how much is the waiting time normally? Please share IQAS contact email if you have.

Thanks,
Ali
Oh well when i did my ECA they took couple months but it was due to one of my degree document had to be issued from UK.

I think one must drop the idea of going to UOT.
IQAS has web form on their website for contacting them. They usually do respond in timely fashion, send them a msg.

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017

Thanks,
Ali
https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-contact.aspx#toc-1

Message them from here, expect a response in about a week.

amurtaza

Oct 19, 2017
https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-contact.aspx#toc-1

Message them from here, expect a response in about a week.
Hi Hira,

Finally, a good news, I figured a way to get my transcript and mark sheets verified by PU, Lahore. Not just that, PU will also courier the sealed envelopes to IQAS.

Before I proceed further would like to clarify few things, thank you in advance for all your help.

Question 1. I will be sending following envelopes to IQAS, please confirm if this will be fine for ECA?

Envelope 1:
1. Bachelor of Computer Science - 4 Years (Verified photocopy of the transcript will be sent to IQAS in a sealed envelope by University of the Punjab, Lahore.)

Envelope 2:
1. Bachelor of Arts - 2 Years (Verified photocopy of mark sheet will be sent to IQAS in a sealed envelope by University of the Punjab, Lahore)
2. Bachelor of Law (LLB) - 3 Years (Verified photocopies of 3 years mark sheets will be sent to IQAS in a sealed envelope by University of the Punjab, Lahore)

Envelope 3:
1. Photocopy of Degrees for BSCS, BA and LLB (These photocopies and will not be verified or attested from anywhere).
2. Certificate of Matric and Intermediate (These photocopies will not be verified or attested from anywhere).
3. A coloured copy of the first page of my passport

Question 2. I read following on CIC website and it confused me, should I send verified copies of my metric and intermediate certificates from relevant boards and get ECA for metric and intermediate as well?

"Depending on your case, you may want to have both your secondary and post-secondary credentials assessed, and not just your highest completed foreign credential. You will not get any points for your foreign education under the CRS in Express Entry or be eligible under the FSWP if the result on your ECA report does not match at least one of the results in the conversion table."