+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS ECA timeline tracking

Jraci

Jul 28, 2018
I completed my Four year bachelor degree in Optometry. My IQAS ECA is termed as

"Four Year Bachelor of Science degree with a focus in Optometry"

What does it mean ? Which level I select in Express Entry profile?

Is it bachelor or Professsional Degree Please guide. I got mixed versions from different peoples. Please give your insights with official links.
Bachelor's degree

J1234

Sep 21, 2017
Bachelor's degree
Thanks for reply.

1. Can you please share link where it's clearly written that Optometry Eca is Bachelor on cic website?

And

2.What's your opinion about Iqas Eca for pharmacy degree

"Four Year Bachelor of Science degree with a focus in Pharmacy "

Jraci

Jul 28, 2018
Last edited:

J1234

Sep 21, 2017
Sir it's about "four year Bachelor degree with focus........ "

Not
"Four Year bachelor of Science degree with focus in.... "

Where as for pharmacy degree it's clear written it's PROFESSIONAL DEGREE. my friend got professional degree crs points "

How it's possible for same Iqas Eca have different points for optometry, pharmacy etc.

Jraci

Jul 28, 2018
Sir it's about "four year Bachelor degree with focus........ "

Not
"Four Year bachelor of Science degree with focus in.... "

Where as for pharmacy degree it's clear written it's PROFESSIONAL DEGREE. my friend got professional degree crs points "

How it's possible for same Iqas Eca have different points for optometry, pharmacy etc.

I would suggest you to email IQAS and get it sorted out rather than taking opinions from this forum. Only they can help you tbh , kindly mail them.

J1234

Sep 21, 2017
I would suggest you to email IQAS and get it sorted out rather than taking opinions from this forum. Only they can help you tbh , kindly mail them.
Thanks for your suggesstion Sir,. I have already emailed iqas on 31-01-2020. But I got only one reply on 07-02-2020 that "the info you have provided in email has been forwarded to IQAS for review.|"

After that i sent another email to remind. But Unfortunetely NO RESPONSE from IQAS from the last 45 days.

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Thanks for your suggesstion Sir,. I have already emailed iqas on 31-01-2020. But I got only one reply on 07-02-2020 that "the info you have provided in email has been forwarded to IQAS for review.|"

After that i sent another email to remind. But Unfortunetely NO RESPONSE from IQAS from the last 45 days.
Clearly says bachelor's in your case, and would be clearly stating professional degree in your friend's.

So you have a bachelor's equivalency and your friend has master's.

And as @Jraci said, take this to IQAS rather than debating here on the forum.

J1234

Sep 21, 2017
Clearly says bachelor's in your case, and would be clearly stating professional degree in your friend's.

So you have a bachelor's equivalency and your friend has master's.

And as @Jraci said, take this to IQAS rather than debating here on the forum.
Hi

Please read my all posts again . You misunderstood
Eca reports are normalally not what we assess.

My friends pharmacy degree Eca report s Sam as mine

" Four year bachelor of Science degree with a focus in Pharmacy "

I said her Eca is considered professional. Pls check There r 6 professions which are considered as Professional degree and pharmacy, optometry is among them.

Last edited:

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Hi

Please read my all posts again . You misunderstood
Eca reports are normalally not what we assess.

My friends pharmacy degree Eca report s Sam as mine

" Four year bachelor of Science degree with a focus in Pharmacy "

I said her Eca is considered professional. Pls check There r 6 professions which are considered as Professional degree and pharmacy, optometry is among them.
Then your friend should've selected bachelor's degree equivalency too.

See, bachelor's degrees in optometry, pharmacy, law etc. can be assessed as professional degrees, and have been in many cases I am aware of. In such a case, the report clearly mentions
a bachelor of science degree with a focus in optometry/pharmacy generally compared to a first professional degree in optometry/pharmacy.

and the phrasing on your report clearly mentioned your credentials equivalent to a bachelor's and NOT a professional degree. Hence choose a bachelor's.

The "read your report" page tells you to compare your equivalency in the first column and make selection along the row. If you are looking at putting your degree there, hard luck.

praveen2019

Dec 19, 2018
@ rajpanesar - please help me on below query,really confused

I have completed B com( regular) , M com ( distance with 54 %), pgdm ( autonomous college - regular) [ it is mentioned in order as completed ]
WES gave me two or more certificates
If i send it to CES or ICES , can i get masters for M com, which one would be more better or should i wait for IQAS ( is there any chance of reduction in processing time after May 2020)
My spouse got 1 yr masters from IQAS for b com and M com so IQAS also is in my options.
So please suggest to get masters , what can be better option - CES, ICES or IQAS

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
@ rajpanesar - please help me on below query,really confused

I have completed B com( regular) , M com ( distance with 54 %), pgdm ( autonomous college - regular) [ it is mentioned in order as completed ]
WES gave me two or more certificates
If i send it to CES or ICES , can i get masters for M com, which one would be more better or should i wait for IQAS ( is there any chance of reduction in processing time after May 2020)
My spouse got 1 yr masters from IQAS for b com and M com so IQAS also is in my options.
So please suggest to get masters , what can be better option - CES, ICES or IQAS
IQAS is closed till May 19th.
CES has a timeline of around 15 weeks from delivery of documents.
ICAS has a timeline of about 40 weeks from delivery of documents.
ICES has a timeline of about 20-25 weeks from delivery of documents.

All these can give you a master's equivalency for M.Com.

praveen2019

Dec 19, 2018
IQAS is closed till May 19th.
CES has a timeline of around 15 weeks from delivery of documents.
ICAS has a timeline of about 40 weeks from delivery of documents.
ICES has a timeline of about 20-25 weeks from delivery of documents.

All these can give you a master's equivalency for M.Com.
Thanks a lot. This helps me
Just one more question, if i send to CES only M Com should be sufficient or do i need to send B com also as it cost per credential.