+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS ECA timeline tracking

ailyas2

Oct 22, 2018
Hyderabad, India
Category........
Other
There was a guy claiming this, but I am not able to find the comment now. The safe bet is to say NO. We'll have to make our universities send in the hard copies of the transcripts.
Even if it was true, it was a one off chance, could be IQAS demanded re issuance of transcripts towards them and the university may have contacted IQAS for email to get a quicker response.
IQAS requests you to send soft copy of transcripts for some reason I am not aware of. But they ask for it after receiving the hard copies.

I haven't heard of a single case, that the ECA has been given by sending soft copy only.

CZAV007

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
If academic record request form isn't sent for an application in line for processing before 5th November, is it okay?

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
The application is already in line for processing. Also, I have not included the request for acadamic records form for both the credentials. Is it okay?
The request form is usually for universities. It contains the data and address which they need to work on. It is upto universities if they wanted to send these forms along with the transcripts.
That's my take.

So, when you haven't sent the request form to the universities but they have provided the exact transcripts as required and sent to IQAS, you should be good.

Edit: forgot to answer your query. :p

Last edited:

CZAV007

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
The request form is usually for universities. It contains the data and address which they need to work on. It is upto universities if they wanted to send these forms along with the transcripts.
That's my take.

So, when you haven't sent the request form to the universities but they have provided the exact transcripts as required and sent to IQAS, you should be good.

Oh okay! But the file number is mentioned on the request form, is it that iqas, if at all they send a verification mail to the university mention the file number in it with which the university staff is able to search and reply to the mail? I mean if the form isn't included and the university does not have a record of you with that iqas file number is it still okay?

CZAV007

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
That's my take.

Can the university still reply to that mail and confirm the authenticity ?

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Can the university still reply to that mail and confirm the authenticity ?
When they sent your transcripts, they should have made a note to your name and file number.
You could also contact your university to remind them of the ECA process of your degree, and that they should expect a query from IQAS with XXXXXX file number that is yours. I think the university will then be okay with replying to IQAS as they'll have full knowledge of what is going on.

CZAV007

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
When they sent your transcripts, they should have made a note to your name and file number.
You could also contact your university to remind them of the ECA process of your degree, and that they should expect a query from IQAS with XXXXXX file number that is yours. I think the university will then be okay with replying to IQAS as they'll have full knowledge of what is going on.
When I got the attestation done from the University, the file number was a different one. I had to create another account with a new file number when I sent the actual paid application. I had to then change the file numbers on the envelopes too with the new ones. So basically my file is in line for processing with the new file number. My question is, will this effect it in any way or does iqas has its own way of getting it verified successfully even with this change in file number with the old file number with the university and the actual file number.

CZAV007

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
Can anyone tell me what kind of info does iqas include in the verification email it sends to the university which aids the university to verify the details successfully?

riteshlakhani

Dec 18, 2018
My application went in status for in line for processing on Oct 9. When do you guys think it may become final review? Thanks in advance

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Can anyone tell me what kind of info does iqas include in the verification email it sends to the university which aids the university to verify the details successfully?
Usually a verification, whether what we claim is true and whether the transcripts were actually issued by the university etc. They may ask for the University status in the country, whether it is accredited by some govt body or not.

CZAV007

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
Usually a verification, whether what we claim is true and whether the transcripts were actually issued by the university etc. They may ask for the University status in the country, whether it is accredited by some govt body or not.
What details iqas mentions about us in that mail to the university to help the university in checking our records and verifying them?

CZAV007

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
Do they just mention our name and file number in the email or also provide then with details like our transcripts or marksheet photocopies attached for the university to check our records?
The reason why I am asking this is because as I said earlier, my file is currently in line for processing but the file number I had mentioned during the attestation which the university must be having in their records was the older file number. When I recieved the transcripts from the University, I had to make a new application with a new file number, pay for it, sign that application form and then send everything togather with the new file number. This new file number is now in line for processing. My question is, will the difference in file numbers, that is the older one in the records of the university and the newer actual file number create any issues with verification? Or will iqas and university communicate and resolve the confusion?

Apr 28, 2019
Status is Final Review since 23 October. I understand that usually status changes from Final Review to Mailed by a week. Anyone got any idea why it is taking so long?