+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS ECA timeline tracking

nick03

Jul 16, 2018
Hi, please help me with the procedure for ECA by IQAS. Wants to send my PGDBM (MBA) FOR evaluation. As I have done before through Wes and they didn't give an equivalence as masters. I have done B. E. (Mechanical). Little confuse about IQAS procedure.
Does your college give you equivalency of Masters to your PGDBM? If yes then IQAS will give you masters equivalent report. Else it will be considered as Diploma.

Check with your examination cell or Registrar / Dy

Ruchi@24

Aug 2, 2018
Does your college give you equivalency of Masters to your PGDBM? If yes then IQAS will give you masters equivalent report. Else it will be considered as Diploma.

Check with your examination cell or Registrar / Dy
Thanks for reply. Yes, its equivalent to MBA and same is mentioned in the degree too.

JayMo

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Hello, my sister-in-law got this message for her EE application.

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker class. In order for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada to process your application, we will need to review and verify your Education Credential Assessment (ECA) evaluation report by using International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)’s online service. To date, we have not been able to verify your report. IQAS has indicated that you did not use the approved CIC-FSWP application process on their website, and therefore they are unable to release any information to our office. In order to allow IRCC to process your application for permanent residence, please contact IQAS as soon as possible to request that your ECA report be made available to us. Please be advised that you may need to order a duplicate report and select CIC as a recipient of your IQAS evaluation report. NOTE: The above information/documents must be received and our office must be able to review the report within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information that was provided with your application and your application could be rejected. Thank you for your interest in Canada

Can anyone please decipher this? My understanding is that, if you apply for IQAS this can be used for express entry as well - says on their website:

• is valid for Express Entry for five years
  • can be used for immigration to any province/territory in Canada
  • does not mean that your credentials are automatically recognized for licensure in Canada
  • does not guarantee a job or successful immigration application; but, if you are successful with your immigration application, this assessment may also be used when applying for jobs
Would she have to re-apply a new one?
When completing IQAS online application, one should start his application from "ECA for Immigration Purposes" link. That may be what IRCC means by "IQAS has indicated that you did not use the approved CIC-FSWP application process on their website". I suggest you do as IRCC advised and contact IQAS to request that your ECA report be made available to IRCC. I don't see it being a problem, it'll probably be sorted with one phone call.

May I request that you give us feedback of what transpired after you contact IRCC to help others who might encounter same in future.

Justine62

Aug 26, 2018
Hi Alecia, thanks for calling. Do you know when they will start sending the emails?
Why are they taking a long time?

Dear i called IQAS...my ECA has been completed. There was a delay in sending out emails.
I was informed by an agent that "12 WEEKS STARTS THE DATE THE LAST ACADEMIC DOCUMENT ARRIVES AT THE OFFICE".

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
When completing IQAS online application, one should start his application from "ECA for Immigration Purposes" link. That may be what IRCC means by "IQAS has indicated that you did not use the approved CIC-FSWP application process on their website". I suggest you do as IRCC advised and contact IQAS to request that your ECA report be made available to IRCC. I don't see it being a problem, it'll probably be sorted with one phone call.

May I request that you give us feedback of what transpired after you contact IRCC to help others who might encounter same in future.
Thank you for your reply Jay, we've already called IQAS and they said the only way is to re-apply for a new ECA. We requested a basic assessment which is a BIG mistake on our part. The only thing that we're thinking is, if CIC can maybe give more than 30 days as we're planning on applying with WES instead.

JayMo

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Hello Guys, we got our ECA today.

Timeline: AOR2 - July17
ECA softcopy received today: Sept 21
Evaluation completed as per the IQAS certificate: Sept 17
Hi libra17,

Can you confirm when the last of your documents were delivered to IQAS? I believe it was sometime in late June.

JayMo

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Thank you for your reply Jay, we've already called IQAS and they said the only way is to re-apply for a new ECA. We requested a basic assessment which is a BIG mistake on our part. The only thing that we're thinking is, if CIC can maybe give more than 30 days as we're planning on applying with WES instead.
If you explain this to CIC they should grant you an extension, all the best.

AleciaBoo

Mar 31, 2018
So I finally got my ECA. :) super happy.

However, a friend of mine sent her documents (application and Transcript) around the same time as I did but did not get her ECA. Today she decided to call IQAS and was told that the assesser is doing some research into her Course and Program Requirements. She was instructed to email the customer service rep who will then forward her concerns to the person assigned to her case.
The above mentioned was done and this is the email she got.

"IQAS is currently conducting necessary quality assurance checks and research as part of evaluating your application. These are normal evaluative measures completed in assessing a client’s application, and may vary depending on the amount of research required, or the time it takes an external institution to respond to us".

What do you make of this?
Has anyone ever experienced this? If yes, what was the out come of the final ECA report? Should she be worried? Because she is worried.